N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3051)
Old

Car: stinger gt awd
Default 03-15-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Is JB4 new? Sounds like you need another 2580 chip. If JB4 not new then plug be plug or coil.

Chip is 2580. Chip LastSafe is floating on number 3. What is it? fuel pressure low
(#3052)
Old

Default 03-15-2020, 05:40 PM

Chip is 2580. Chip LastSafe is floating on number 3. What is it?
(#3053)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-16-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck awd korea
Chip is 2580. Chip LastSafe is floating on number 3. What is it?
When did you buy the JB4?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3054)
Old

Default 03-16-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
When did you buy the JB4?
It's about April 2019
Attached Images

(#3055)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 03-17-2020, 07:09 PM

What problems is a bad 2580 chip known to cause?
(#3056)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2020, 07:45 PM

We made a setting more sensitive and on some cars with good plugs causes JB4 to reset mid run as if plugs were bad.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3057)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default 03-18-2020, 03:47 AM

Quote:
We made a setting more sensitive and on some cars with good plugs causes JB4 to reset mid run as if plugs were bad.
Sounds like what I have been experiencing. Purchased on Jan 3 2020 and have already tried two different sets of plugs.
(#3058)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregV
Sounds like what I have been experiencing. Purchased on Jan 3 2020 and have already tried two different sets of plugs.
OK email me us your address we'll send a 2580 chip to rule that out.

Burger Motorsports

(#3059)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default JB4 Logs. Please review! - 03-21-2020, 10:44 AM

Hey Terry,

I have the jb4 installed on my 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD.
-Map 2
-Denso Spark Plugs gapped to .22
-Fuel Wires Installed
-OBDII Installed
-93 Octane
-Lighter 18" Rims

Please let me know if there are any issues with my logs or is everything is good so far.

Thank You
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-21 12_37_52_Map-2.csv (6.3 KB, 156 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-21 12_38_25_Map-2.csv (5.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-21 12_40_11_Map-2.csv (5.0 KB, 145 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-21 12_41_33_Map-2.csv (6.8 KB, 145 views)
(#3060)
Old

Default Data log! - 03-21-2020, 03:14 PM

Hi Terry,
Here are my logs from today. First run it dropped to 2nd when floored. Iím running 93 gas on map 2. Spark plugs are factory gapped to .025
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200321_1658_runs(3).csv (22.0 KB, 150 views)
(#3061)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akim93
Hey Terry,

I have the jb4 installed on my 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD.
-Map 2
-Denso Spark Plugs gapped to .22
-Fuel Wires Installed
-OBDII Installed
-93 Octane
-Lighter 18" Rims

Please let me know if there are any issues with my logs or is everything is good so far.

Thank You
Looks fine to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#3062)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badley13
Hi Terry,
Here are my logs from today. First run it dropped to 2nd when floored. Iím running 93 gas on map 2. Spark plugs are factory gapped to .025
You're on v7 firmware which had more limited logging, update to v14 and grab another run so we can check for knock in cyl 2-6.

Burger Motorsports

(#3063)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster 1.6T
Default 03-22-2020, 01:20 PM

Are we still supposed to tap wire #2 for the fuel wire on front o2 sensor for 2019 Veloster 1.6T? I see Veloster N 2.0T says wire #2 but just making sure for 1.6T.
(#3064)
Old

Default 03-22-2020, 05:59 PM

20200322_0208_runs(2).csv

Hi

Uploaded the first log
But I fail to run map1/2, map0 is ok. That mean I Connected the right socket of the JB4.
seem like misfire I guess but no fault I code .
I canít full throttle on map 1/2 when I heavy throttle the car shock, the rpm canít going high and the sound ďpop pop pop ď and the smell very bad
I buy the device on 17 JAN2020 form KHAR.
Also using HKS plugs without any gapping by myself
Nick said already gapped
Connected fuel wire
Updated V13 firmware
No check engine light
98fuel
No fault code

extra information: after I change the map, the jb4 app all the gauge freeze, need to reconnect the device.

Please check what is going on
Thanks a lot
(#3065)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedLife
Are we still supposed to tap wire #2 for the fuel wire on front o2 sensor for 2019 Veloster 1.6T? I see Veloster N 2.0T says wire #2 but just making sure for 1.6T.
Whatever we're previously stated in the directions. There is Veloster specific thread in this forum somewhere.

Burger Motorsports

(#3066)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaam1986
can’t going high and the sound “pop pop pop “ and the smell very bad
I buy the device on 17 JAN2020 form KHAR.
Just needs an updated 2580 chip, email us your address and we'll send one out. You can stay on map0 until then.

Burger Motorsports

(#3067)
Old

Default 03-24-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
You're on v7 firmware which had more limited logging, update to v14 and grab another run so we can check for knock in cyl 2-6.
I clearly know what Iím doing. Let me know if this file works. Second pull downshifted you 2nd but the others should be good.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200324_1655_runs(3).csv (16.9 KB, 138 views)
(#3068)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badley13
I clearly know what Iím doing. Let me know if this file works. Second pull downshifted you 2nd but the others should be good.
Looks OK to me here, although you left the app in "raw sampling mode" which is a diagnostic mode for logging that makes the charts look funny.

Burger Motorsports

(#3069)
Old

Default 03-25-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Looks OK to me here, although you left the app in "raw sampling mode" which is a diagnostic mode for logging that makes the charts look funny.
Thanks Terry! Iíll disable that for future logs
(#3070)
Old

Default 03-30-2020, 09:51 PM

2254 The engine warning light comes up every 2-3 days. Do you know why?

If you put the map in and hit the full axel, the boost will not rise, and the 0106 0049 code will be displayed, and Safe Mode 5 will be activated.

Last edited by ck awd korea; 03-31-2020 at 03:52 AM..
(#3071)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-31-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck awd korea
2254 The engine warning light comes up every 2-3 days. Do you know why?

If you put the map in and hit the full axel, the boost will not rise, and the 0106 0049 code will be displayed, and Safe Mode 5 will be activated.
Some sort of o2 sensor code... Fuel wire installation problem?

Burger Motorsports

(#3072)
Old

Default 04-04-2020, 02:00 AM

After change the 2580chips
My car running well
Please check my dyno sheet and first log

I am using 98fuel
I try to run map 1 and map2 on dyno
But the map 1 result is better than map 2.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200404_1208_runs(2).csv (38.1 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by Holaam1986; 04-04-2020 at 02:07 AM..
(#3073)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 04-05-2020, 08:31 AM

Been running on map8 flawlessly for several months now. Typically on 93 or e85/93 blend. All bolt-ons, meth, etc. Suddenly today on medium acceleration, noticed some shuddering. Stopped, tried a pull, major misfiring kicks into limp mode. Stopped, restarted, running fine. Dropped to map 0, runs ok for gradual acceleration, even to higher boost/rpms, but does the same thing if I floor it. Weirdly, throwing no codes? I can't even pull enough to log anything, I let off immediately as it starts bucking around, so not much on this. Haven't had time to investigate yet, but any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200405_111938_runs(1).csv (9.3 KB, 139 views)
(#3074)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 04-05-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgascho
Been running on map8 flawlessly for several months now. Typically on 93 or e85/93 blend. All bolt-ons, meth, etc. Suddenly today on medium acceleration, noticed some shuddering. Stopped, tried a pull, major misfiring kicks into limp mode. Stopped, restarted, running fine. Dropped to map 0, runs ok for gradual acceleration, even to higher boost/rpms, but does the same thing if I floor it. Weirdly, throwing no codes? I can't even pull enough to log anything, I let off immediately as it starts bucking around, so not much on this. Haven't had time to investigate yet, but any suggestions?
Plugs
(#3075)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 04-05-2020, 08:42 AM

Firmware is now updated, as of now, if relevant. I agree, does sound like plugs, but the recommended ones I installed fouled already? Maybe 15,000 miles, but i guess that's a good place to start