N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2851)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 12-26-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I would not run map3 on 91 octane, map2 is pushing it as is.

With some E85 mixed in though no problem. 5 gallons to the rest 91 would add prob 20-30hp. Could be run on map2 or map3.
Here's 3.5 gallons of E85 to the rest 91, map2. Not sure if it's enough of a map, but it got triggered by the 70% threshold today.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-26 12_33_34_Map-2.csv (7.8 KB, 183 views)
(#2852)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2019, 09:40 AM

Still hard are work on Stinger R&D. Haven't cracked the EWG code yet but getting closer.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2853)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboAWD
Here's 3.5 gallons of E85 to the rest 91, map2. Not sure if it's enough of a map, but it got triggered by the 70% threshold today.
Seems OK to me
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2854)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD Limited
Default 12-28-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Still hard are work on Stinger R&D. Haven't cracked the EWG code yet but getting closer.
This is very exciting, but you really need to working on cleaning up your wiring.
(#2855)
Old

Default 12-28-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Seems OK to me
Thanks. Should I switch to map3 or is map2 taking full advantage of it?
(#2856)
Old

Car: stinger
Default 12-28-2019, 11:07 AM

At what point do you consider that timimg separation too much?
(#2857)
Old

Default 12-28-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
2020 is going to be a good year
(#2858)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GTS
Default 12-29-2019, 12:17 PM

Where do I find the firmware to update? I just got everything installed
(#2859)
Old

Default 12-29-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bskylerj
Where do I find the firmware to update? I just got everything installed
First post of this thread.
(#2860)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
At what point do you consider that timimg separation too much?
I look for repeated drops in the same gear to indicate overly aggressive tuning for the octane/mods.

Burger Motorsports

(#2861)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 12-30-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I would not run map3 on 91 octane, map2 is pushing it as is.

With some E85 mixed in though no problem. 5 gallons to the rest 91 would add prob 20-30hp. Could be run on map2 or map3.
Ive been running 4 gallons of e85 and rest 91 for the last 6 months on map 3 just fine. Just yesterday I could hear stuttering in upper rpms when I floor it in my exhaust. Have no issues with map 0-2 just on map 3. I think its likely crappy gas not giving me the higher octane likely????
I tried firmware 11 and checked connections already.
(#2862)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargtsi
Ive been running 4 gallons of e85 and rest 91 for the last 6 months on map 3 just fine. Just yesterday I could hear stuttering in upper rpms when I floor it in my exhaust. Have no issues with map 0-2 just on map 3. I think its likely crappy gas not giving me the higher octane likely????
I tried firmware 11 and checked connections already.
Couldn't tell you. If you capture a JB4 log of the issue you could check fuel pressure to see if it's dropping under the E85 mix.

Burger Motorsports

(#2863)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 01-01-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Couldn't tell you. If you capture a JB4 log of the issue you could check fuel pressure to see if it's dropping under the E85 mix.
I ran the gas down to E and refilled with 4.5g of E85 then rest 91. Issue went away so far. So I think it was just bad gas somewhere in the mix
(#2864)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-01-2020, 03:06 PM

Could be. If it comes back we'll be here. Always interested in seeing problems as fuel pressure drops can be influenced by running the tuning leaner. Something we're experimenting with on maps 5 and 7 in v13.

Burger Motorsports

(#2865)
Old

Car: G70 Sport
Default Map 3 w/ Torco - 01-01-2020, 06:53 PM

These were some of my first runs with Map 3. Was seeing some divergence in the ignition timing and wondering if that was problematic or within normal parameters. I also noticed some minor hesitation yesterday when I was on Map 2 at part throttle after filling up. Can you let me know if these look normal or any areas of concern?
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 3 log 1.csv (18.6 KB, 179 views)
File Type: csv Map 3 log 2.csv (6.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: csv Map 3 log 3.csv (11.5 KB, 182 views)
(#2866)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2020, 09:37 AM

Logs look OK, what is the fuel mix?

Burger Motorsports

(#2867)
Old

Car: stinger
Default 01-02-2020, 10:23 AM

That studdering feeling is timing pull and sometimes is octane related. I had a bad batch of gas last week as well.
(#2868)
Old

Default 01-02-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Logs look OK, what is the fuel mix?
93 and a full bottle of Torco
(#2869)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
That studdering feeling is timing pull and sometimes is octane related. I had a bad batch of gas last week as well.
Unfortunately a lot of things can cause the same symptoms so it can be tricky to isolate them at times. Bad fuel is always a possibility though.

Burger Motorsports

(#2870)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkemp1
93 and a full bottle of Torco
Were you able to capture any of the issue in the logs above? You could also "start logging" manually to capture outside of the usual heavy throttle stuff.

Burger Motorsports

(#2871)
Old

Default 01-02-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Were you able to capture any of the issue in the logs above? You could also "start logging" manually to capture outside of the usual heavy throttle stuff.
Yes I did. Sorry... Thought I attached it before. It wasn't in map 3 though... It was in Map 2. It went away after driving around for a bit. I wondered if it was the car adjusting to the higher octane, but didn't expect that behavior for a closed loop system.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 2 studder.csv (31.3 KB, 180 views)
(#2872)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkemp1
Yes I did. Sorry... Thought I attached it before. It wasn't in map 3 though... It was in Map 2. It went away after driving around for a bit. I wondered if it was the car adjusting to the higher octane, but didn't expect that behavior for a closed loop system.
No signs of knock or anything here. Around what time stamp did you feel it?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2873)
Old

Car: Stinger GT ltd
Default 01-03-2020, 08:59 AM

Hi Terry, should I download the Beta V12 or just wait a bit for the full version?
(#2874)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2020, 11:34 AM

It's been working well so no reason not to update.

Burger Motorsports

(#2875)
Old

Car: Stinger GT ltd
Default 01-03-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
It's been working well so no reason not to update.
Easy peasy, 5 mins tops!

Thanks Terry