JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i MT Full Bolt on Rb Turbo
Default N55 EWG Please Help with electronic wastegate ! - 08-18-2021, 09:35 AM

Hey guys i own F30 N55 EWG and i have the following problem with my Electronic Wastegate.

I swaped the stock turbo with cutom fitted GTX3071 with cutom made manifold. After the turbo swap i tried to setup the correct postion of the wastegate actuator but from time to time i have limp mode with following message *wastegste out of tolerance* Also the car is a little laggy i have full boost on 3300rpm witch means that probably the gate is not closed fully and itís stuck open. My question is that is there anyway so i can set the correct position and how to do it if itís possible. I saw the big boost kit has a manual how to set the correct position for ewg but probably it wonít be a solution for me because they use different linkage on their turbo. Please give me some advice how to fix this stupid issue.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2014 435i
Default 10-11-2021, 08:03 PM

a mechanical adjustment aided by using the ISTA+ diagnostic tool

2016 435i M-Sport EWG MPPK Manual 6, BMS Map 6 BEF-PS2-Race, Pure Stage 2 turbo, Spool-FX150 HPFP, Walbro 535 LPFP, BMS Intake, BMS FMIC, BMS BOV, 3.5 TMAP, ER DP, AA CP, FTP Turbo Inlet, H&R Sport Springs, BMW 335is clutch kit, BMS Clutch Stop, BMS Diff Bracket, BMS Wheel Spacers, BMW SSK, BMW Track Package