JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2015 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t
Red face JB4 and Big Turbo question - 02-01-2022, 12:59 PM

Good evening/morning everyone, I had a question regarding the JB4. I drive a 2015 Jetta 1.8t with FBO and I was considering buying the CTS Boss Turbo kit and unfortunately no local shops offer a tune with this turbo and my engine. I was wondering if the JB4 would be a sufficient tune, if it runs at all. I get the feeling it wouldn't work but I wanted to ask anyway or see if anyone has experience with this turbo and this engine.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2017 GSW
Default 02-08-2022, 09:48 AM

I don't have experience w big turbos, or JB4, for that matter. I do know that the JB4 will not work w the IS38 turbo unless a few bolt-ons and E85 are used (something like that). I guess not a lot of people around here anymore. Post on the JB4 VAG fb group
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-09-2022, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamega
Good evening/morning everyone, I had a question regarding the JB4. I drive a 2015 Jetta 1.8t with FBO and I was considering buying the CTS Boss Turbo kit and unfortunately no local shops offer a tune with this turbo and my engine. I was wondering if the JB4 would be a sufficient tune, if it runs at all. I get the feeling it wouldn't work but I wanted to ask anyway or see if anyone has experience with this turbo and this engine.
A flash tune is needed as a minimum. Note that turbo has a lot of lag even on the GLI which is a 2.0T so on the 1.8T things will only start happening power wise higher than 4000rpm.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#4)
Old

Car: 2017 GSW
Default 02-09-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
A flash tune is needed as a minimum. Note that turbo has a lot of lag even on the GLI which is a 2.0T so on the 1.8T things will only start happening power wise higher than 4000rpm.
I told you I didn't know anything Good to know this, for sure. Big turbos (not that the IS38 is a 'big' turbo) are a different ballpark... Good to see George still caretaking this thread. Cheers