JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#4751)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default Possible issue - 01-26-2022, 12:19 PM

Hi Terry,

When you get a chance please take a look at the attached log. Took the Kia out for a quick spin on a back road and noticed some hesitation or studdering. Does this mean it is time for new spark plugs or is there something else going on like bad gas?

Map 2
Denso sparks plugs with an estimated 15K - 20K on them.
Around 40 degree day

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R4_220126_1317.csv (27.2 KB, 63 views)
(#4752)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2022, 12:36 PM

Looks like no boost on that run. Not sure why, did you get a fault code?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4753)
Old

Default 01-26-2022, 05:55 PM

No I didn't see any error codes. I will take it out again tomorrow and see if it does it again
(#4754)
Old

Default 01-26-2022, 07:44 PM

Hi Terry,

Took the car out again tonight to see if it would do it again. Filled the tank up with 93 gas prior then attempted to do a couple full throttle runs in sport mode. See the attached spreadsheet. This time it threw a check engine code on both attempts but I was only able to read the code on the second attempt. It threw an P0306 code which from a quick search shows that it has a misfire on cylinder 6. Please take a look at the attached log and let me know what you see.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R9_220126_2115.csv (285.3 KB, 79 views)
(#4755)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcstinger3
Hi Terry,

Took the car out again tonight to see if it would do it again. Filled the tank up with 93 gas prior then attempted to do a couple full throttle runs in sport mode. See the attached spreadsheet. This time it threw a check engine code on both attempts but I was only able to read the code on the second attempt. It threw an P0306 code which from a quick search shows that it has a misfire on cylinder 6. Please take a look at the attached log and let me know what you see.

Thanks in advance.
Looks like logging stopped also when it misfired. What date was JB4 shipped from BMS?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4756)
Old

Default 01-27-2022, 07:33 AM

8/9/2019 shipment date

What do you recommend I do from here?
(#4757)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default New install with two map2 logs - 01-27-2022, 01:55 PM

Here are my first two logs on map2. I have intakes,fuel wires, and 93. Just want to make sure everything looks good.
Attached Files
File Type: csv First MAP 2 log.csv (21.0 KB, 86 views)
File Type: csv 2nd map 2.csv (13.4 KB, 87 views)
(#4758)
Old

Car: 2021 G70 3.3T AWD
Default 01-29-2022, 08:13 AM

Would you mind taking a look at the attached logs and let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary map 3, E30. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_220129_0513.csv (10.6 KB, 109 views)
(#4759)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcosg70
Would you mind taking a look at the attached logs and let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary map 3, E30. Thanks.
Seems good to me

Burger Motorsports

(#4760)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismack22
Here are my first two logs on map2. I have intakes,fuel wires, and 93. Just want to make sure everything looks good.
Pretty normal for 93. Maybe try a different station next time as octane looks closer to 92.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4761)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcstinger3
8/9/2019 shipment date

What do you recommend I do from here?
Order a 2580 off our site or send in your board and we can reflash it for free. I suspect the low level firmware on the 2580 is causing the issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#4762)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default LOG HELP - 01-30-2022, 08:21 PM

I have attached my log onto this post in hopes of someone helping me out making sure everything looks good, i was running MAP3 and i posted a log and someone said just to do MAP1 so i ran another log on MAP1, if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. My mods are just an intake and tune with new denso spark plugs gapped at .022. Log is compressed to a zip file because of the size.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Yur.zip (61.3 KB, 72 views)
(#4763)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 2018 GT1
Default 01-30-2022, 10:07 PM

I'm very new to anything with any amount of power

Thanks for your reply!
(#4764)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N
Default Help with stutter issue on JB4 - 01-31-2022, 10:57 AM

Hi, I have a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N - the only mods are a AEM CAI and a mid-pipe. Everything else is stock including the spark plugs. I installed the JB4 about a week ago and set it at Map 1 and didn't change any other parameters. I only intend to run 91 oct and so it will always be on Map 1.

Anyway, it seemed fine for the first four days of short drives (back and forth to work), even at WOT. Then suddenly it started stuttering / cutting power when 75% - 100% throttle was applied about 3000 rpm or so. It is pretty violent when it happens and doesn't feel like a rev limiter, etc. There are no codes or MIL on the dash though.

I did re-check the installation and the video at https://burgertuning.com/collections...ia-stinger-jb4 appears to be incorrect for the fuel wire. After re-reading the instructions, I moved it to position 2 (white wire). The wording makes it sound like the fuel wire isn't even used for map 1?

So I re-logged again in Map 1 and then Map 0 and the stutter continues to happen. I then disconnected the JB4 completely (MAP, TMPA and OBD) and the stutter disappeared completely. Any ideas on why it would happen even on Map 0 which should mean the JB4 is disabled? Any help is appreciated. Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R4_220129_1004.csv (428.0 KB, 75 views)
(#4765)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed91
I have attached my log onto this post in hopes of someone helping me out making sure everything looks good, i was running MAP3 and i posted a log and someone said just to do MAP1 so i ran another log on MAP1, if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. My mods are just an intake and tune with new denso spark plugs gapped at .022. Log is compressed to a zip file because of the size.
What fuel? Log looks like 87 octane lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#4766)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web9
Hi, I have a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N - the only mods are a AEM CAI and a mid-pipe. Everything else is stock including the spark plugs. I installed the JB4 about a week ago and set it at Map 1 and didn't change any other parameters. I only intend to run 91 oct and so it will always be on Map 1.

Anyway, it seemed fine for the first four days of short drives (back and forth to work), even at WOT. Then suddenly it started stuttering / cutting power when 75% - 100% throttle was applied about 3000 rpm or so. It is pretty violent when it happens and doesn't feel like a rev limiter, etc. There are no codes or MIL on the dash though.

I did re-check the installation and the video at https://burgertuning.com/collections...ia-stinger-jb4 appears to be incorrect for the fuel wire. After re-reading the instructions, I moved it to position 2 (white wire). The wording makes it sound like the fuel wire isn't even used for map 1?

So I re-logged again in Map 1 and then Map 0 and the stutter continues to happen. I then disconnected the JB4 completely (MAP, TMPA and OBD) and the stutter disappeared completely. Any ideas on why it would happen even on Map 0 which should mean the JB4 is disabled? Any help is appreciated. Logs attached.
Turn on option bit0 to disable fuel wire control and lets confirm its related.

Burger Motorsports

(#4767)
Old

Car: G70 3.3 RWD
Default G70 RWD 3.3 MAP 2 - 1ST LOG - 02-02-2022, 01:15 PM

1st log after installing the JB4, can you check and see if we're OK?

MAP 2
12 GALLON CA 91+ 4 GALLON E85
Attached Files
File Type: csv MAP 2.csv (37.2 KB, 64 views)
(#4768)
Old

Car: G70 3.3 RWD
Default G70 RWD 3.3 MAP 3 91+ E85 - 02-02-2022, 01:19 PM

Can you check this one over, want to make sure I'm not gonna blow anything up.

I started in map 2 doing some draggy runs and switched to MAP 3 for the very last run.
Attached Files
File Type: csv DK MAP 3 JB4 LOG.csv (424.7 KB, 76 views)
(#4769)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N
Default 02-02-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Turn on option bit0 to disable fuel wire control and lets confirm its related.
Thanks Terry. So enable Bit 0 and leave all other option bits (1-7) disabled and then re-log?
(#4770)
Old

Car: 2020 Hyundai Elantra Sport
Default 02-04-2022, 07:27 AM

Hello! I need some logs looked at. Did a lot of pulls from a dig in maps 3 and 4. E30 blend or close to it at least. I have EWG wires installed as well.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R6_220203_2041.csv (48.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_220203_200926.csv (186.4 KB, 70 views)

2020 G70 3.3TT AWD
HKS M45IL Plugs
(#4771)
Old

Default 02-06-2022, 01:38 PM

Just installed JB4 on my 2018 stinger gt1. I used 93 octane gas and did some pull ups on map 1 and 2. Still using factory air box and plugs.
Terry, could you please check if anything look at wrong and if I can use map 2 before replacing the plugs?
TIA
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_220206_1353.csv (244.1 KB, 64 views)
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_220205_1742.csv (367.9 KB, 64 views)
(#4772)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKG70
Can you check this one over, want to make sure I'm not gonna blow anything up.

I started in map 2 doing some draggy runs and switched to MAP 3 for the very last run.
Looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4773)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web9
Thanks Terry. So enable Bit 0 and leave all other option bits (1-7) disabled and then re-log?
Correct

Burger Motorsports

(#4774)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancerto
Hello! I need some logs looked at. Did a lot of pulls from a dig in maps 3 and 4. E30 blend or close to it at least. I have EWG wires installed as well.
Boost, timing, AFR all seem fine on map4.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4775)
Old

Default 02-09-2022, 07:08 AM

Terry, could you check my logs as well. Just wanted to make sure everything works fine:
https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showp...postcount=4770