N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e90
Default 12-13-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's all a matter of perspective. But I think the 58mm single is probably the best of both worlds. The RBs are great down low but the lack of top end power leaves you wanting. While the 6466 at least to me is outright nasty up top. But I need more down low to really make the car "fun" on the street.
Any Idea what the 58's are capable of?? Are we talking 30-40hp more than RB's peak or are we still in the 570+ range on a 58? Theory is okay for an answer lol
(#127)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 12-13-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalRocker
Any Idea what the 58's are capable of?? Are we talking 30-40hp more than RB's peak or are we still in the 570+ range on a 58? Theory is okay for an answer lol
I think Creaminz got his 58mm up to 600 WHP (6AT) before getting rid of the car.

Ferrari Red F80
(#128)
Old

Default 12-13-2013, 11:11 PM

Guess I'll be looking at the 6262 or 6266 then. My goal is 570-650 off 93 & e85, if that becomes possible! I just feel like the 6466 will take too much away from the bottom end for any city driving to be fun. Granted I don't have any experience with any of these turbos so they may remove the lower end boom factor as well.
(#129)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 12-16-2013, 01:18 AM

How to use mac solenoid??? just install and just use with firm version 27.9 ???
(#130)
Old

Default 12-16-2013, 08:43 PM

Hey Terry, what intercooler and piping are you running on the 135 & 335??
(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch4400
How to use mac solenoid??? just install and just use with firm version 27.9 ???
We've not posted the firmware yet. But we'll add it to the first post along with a wiring diagram at some point.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#132)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 12-17-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
We've not posted the firmware yet. But we'll add it to the first post along with a wiring diagram at some point.
Sorry Terry, more snow today; but at least it's light. I'll get you some more logs, eventually.

My turbo and your turbo are very different, so it will be interesting to see how well the same firmware version controls both. I suspect it will just be a matter of the settings.

Ferrari Red F80
(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2013, 09:13 AM

No problem. I'm pretty confident the same firmware with a different FF setting will work nicely for both setups. Next time I'm under the car I'll probably swap mine down to a 10psi spring since this top port should be able to control 3-4x the spring without issue.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#134)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2013, 12:23 PM

Updated first post with notes on MAC solneoid, JB4 firmware, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#135)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-17-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Updated first post with notes on MAC solneoid, JB4 firmware, etc.
thanks so much Terry!

just to make sure the firmware is still map 1 15psi, map 2 17psi and map 6 user? i remember reading somewhere that might have changed

(#136)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2013, 12:37 PM

The notes in the first post cover it.

Burger Motorsports

(#137)
Old

Default 12-17-2013, 12:38 PM

ok and as far as wiring can i just leave one solenoid unplugged and the other cut the connector off and just wire the mac to it?

(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2013, 01:14 PM

Correct

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMFR
ok and as far as wiring can i just leave one solenoid unplugged and the other cut the connector off and just wire the mac to it?
PS for PCV we went with a 1" hose off the valve cover (removed flapper) to a 1"->3/4" adapter in to the OCC. You could just leave the OCC open. Or you can run a 3/4" hose from the OCC to the filter inlet if you want to reduce odor.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#140)
Old

Default 12-21-2013, 02:16 AM

are you talking about this flapper? http://www.rbturbo.com/products/accessories/rbpcv

what would be the easiest way to do it if i just wanted to use a small breather filter with your occ already in place?

also how is your car with traction with the manual trans and the 3.46 rear? im a bit worried and just want to know your setup/ how it deals with the power

(#141)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2013, 09:49 AM

The flapper we removed is mounted on the PCV outlet and connects to the OCC hose. No breather needed with the OCC. Just leave the hose off the outlet if you don't mind some odor.

Traction on drag radials is not great but livable.

Burger Motorsports

(#142)
Old

Default 12-21-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
The flapper we removed is mounted on the PCV outlet and connects to the OCC hose. No breather needed with the OCC. Just leave the hose off the outlet if you don't mind some odor.

Traction on drag radials is not great but livable.
what drag radials are you using? something 28inch tall? or like 555r

(#143)
Old

Default 12-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
The flapper we removed is mounted on the PCV outlet and connects to the OCC hose.
Do you recommend removing the flapper for those running your OCC, now?
(#144)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker
Do you recommend removing the flapper for those running your OCC, now?
For those using large single turbos it seems like a good idea. For smaller turbos, anything mentioned in this thread does not apply

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMFR
what drag radials are you using? something 28inch tall? or like 555r
The car has some 18s with BFG drag radials. But they were complete crap. Just recently installed some 17s with 245/45/17 Nitto 555Rs and I've not had a chance to race it around yet on those. But I expect traction will be considerably better than the BFGs. I use those 555R tires on all of our other cars with good success.

Burger Motorsports

(#146)
Old

Car: '09 335i coupe
Default 12-29-2013, 09:37 AM

Terry, I know you mentioned possibly having to change something on the JB4 depending on what version of the MAC solenoid you have? Are you using the MAC Solenoid FFtec recommends? I'm not sure which one I have as it didn't actually say on it. I had just contacted FFtec and they sold me what they said I needed. Not really happy with them as I later found out from my shop I got assraped from them on price, but ellwell...

2014 2500 Cummins- Pretty much everything.
09' Single Turbo 335i SOLD
(#147)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-29-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarovi
Terry, I know you mentioned possibly having to change something on the JB4 depending on what version of the MAC solenoid you have? Are you using the MAC Solenoid FFtec recommends? I'm not sure which one I have as it didn't actually say on it. I had just contacted FFtec and they sold me what they said I needed. Not really happy with them as I later found out from my shop I got assraped from them on price, but ellwell...
x2 What else is needed besides the MAC solenoid to run the single turbo.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarovi
Details are in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Car: '09 335i coupe
Default 12-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Details are in the first post.
Come on T, no benefit of the doubt? lol, I read all that, but on BB there was a discussion of the wattage or something is different in a couple different MAC solenoids, and how that might effect the settings in the JB4? If I just go off what you put in the first post then am I to assume the firmware is all that's needed? And the slight difference in a couple variations of the MAC solenoid won't change anything?

2014 2500 Cummins- Pretty much everything.
09' Single Turbo 335i SOLD
(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-29-2013, 12:05 PM

The part number we used is posted as well as the firmware. What else do you want? lol

Burger Motorsports