N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Evo (Sold)
Default Fuel Mixutres for S55 - 07-09-2015, 02:13 PM

Hello All,

I am posting for a friend because I am the best Co-Capitan ever. So Here is the issues and I understand it has been beaten to death. The car seems to be breaking up on E85 when the fuel trims max out at +30% I am assuming that is max injector duty cycle? Anyway, with Ethanol I believe you have to run 30% more fuel by volume and my understanding with Ms109 you would need to run something like 26% less by volume. If we did a 50/50 mix of Ms109/E85 these should cancel out one another. We are going to be running Methanol on the car shortly, if the fuel trims are still maxing out the added methanol should solve that problem. Since we only get race fuel on these special occasions (Mpact this weekend) we will need to find a formidable plan for daily use. We only have CM5 and CM10 available to us at the moment; I would like to install both until we can get 2 CM10ís. The reason I would like to run so much methanol is so we can run higher concentrations of E85. I understand this is only a band-aid for the shortcomings of the fuel system. How ever I would like your thoughts on this. Hopefully we would be able to max out the turboís on this setup.

Mods: Jb4 fuel sensor every add-on
Ak down pipes
Meth (should be up and running tomorrow)

I may tether from the track uploading some logs.
(#2)
Old

Default 07-11-2015, 08:08 AM

Mpact first pull with Ms109 and E85 mix. I will post in the technical section as well.
Attached Files
File Type: csv mpact1.csv (6.5 KB, 309 views)
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-11-2015, 08:59 AM

This is my baseline 1/4 mile run running 91 octane and Meth (70/30 mixture roughly).

This was with no E85. It's a good baseline to show trims will drop with the Meth and IAT's remain constant and do not climb with the Meth.

The outside temp was right around 100F during this run and elevation was 3000ft.

I'll try and get some E85 runs today and post. I think your fuel trims are ok, but meth will help a lot.
Attached Files
File Type: csv run 1.csv (10.6 KB, 286 views)
(#4)
Old

Default 07-11-2015, 10:18 AM

That last map is not meth. Car is running strong, but I feel has some more room in it, maybe a bit more boost.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshki19
Mpact first pull with Ms109 and E85 mix. I will post in the technical section as well.
As long as trims are not getting up over 40 in JB4 logs you're well within range.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 07-18-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
As long as trims are not getting up over 40 in JB4 logs you're well within range.
Thanks T,

You reviewed the logs here http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32024. I bumped the boost up a bit. The car ran stronger than ever! Twice the car went into limp mode when we did a 3rd gear 50mph. I believe it may have hit the boost safety. I got the following codes:
140410 Misfire Cylinder 4

I didn't get the logging correct because when warming up the tires it was recorded as a WOT pull and couldn't get the logger restarted in time.

When we did 2nd gear 40mph rolls it performed flawlessly. It was balls ass fast!

When we ran on Map7 the FF/Wastage adaptation was quite high was, and was gradually increasing. Im assuming it was increasing the boost on its own. I believe by the end of out map 7 use it maxed out.
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2015, 09:30 AM

I would guess fuel trims maxed during the run causing misfires. That is what happens when you run too much boost w/ too strong of an E85 mixture.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 07-20-2015, 09:44 AM

Fuel trims weren't going up past 30.... bc of the addition of the MS109.

On a side note, his car would sputter on an e30/93oct. When fuel trims were 32-34. We raised open loop but it did not solve the problem. In post 5 you referenced 40 as maxing out. Could you think of any reason he is sputtering when fuel trims are still relatively low. Ando chimed in on this a while back, saying it may be cold weather. My question is were "only" at e30 and very high quality 93oct. Now with the warmer temps its still doing it.

Any ideas of what we can do to try and solve the mystery? Again, this is not my car I am just lead co-captian.