N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 Audi S3
Question Install issues on 2016 Audi S3 + JB4 w/ Bluetooth (ios) - 08-20-2019, 12:13 PM

Hi All-
I have a 2016 Audi S3 and installed the JB4 with Bluetooth for IOS yesterday. New to the JB4/tuning, but Audi owner of many years and models over the last 10 years. Relatively knowledgeable about car mechanics, but not as much when it comes to modern tuning/ecu etc...first go at it with this brand new JB4 ordered from the website. Could use the collective knowledge to help me here...apologies in advance for any redundant or obvious questions asked!

Install issues:

Installed and seemed fine at first, the car started and ran OK..wasn't sure what to expect. Next startup the check engine light and ICL lights were on, and the car is sputtering and revving extremely high at times (over 6,500 before I eased off). Gears clunking especially between 3/4. Later I went to update firmware and it failed several times.

Finally got it to update after a dozen or so tries/failures or timeouts. Tried the car/logging again with the same result and fault codes still present. Install was done according to all instructions (as best as I can tell from being an amateur car enthusiast but relatively detail-oriented).

Check engine light is still on. Car is under factory warranty so a little concerned here. Am I safe to drive it to work?

Logs/screenshots attached. Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-20 00_11_20_Map-0.csv (15.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-20 00_06_55_Map-4.csv (23.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-20 00_03_34_Map-2.csv (2.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-20 00_03_32_Map-2.csv (10.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-20 00_03_15_Map-2.csv (5.0 KB, 15 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 08-20-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrom223
Hi All-
I have a 2016 Audi S3 and installed the JB4 with Bluetooth for IOS yesterday. New to the JB4/tuning, but Audi owner of many years and models over the last 10 years. Relatively knowledgeable about car mechanics, but not as much when it comes to modern tuning/ecu etc...first go at it with this brand new JB4 ordered from the website. Could use the collective knowledge to help me here...apologies in advance for any redundant or obvious questions asked!

Install issues:

Installed and seemed fine at first, the car started and ran OK..wasn't sure what to expect. Next startup the check engine light and ICL lights were on, and the car is sputtering and revving extremely high at times (over 6,500 before I eased off). Gears clunking especially between 3/4. Later I went to update firmware and it failed several times.

Finally got it to update after a dozen or so tries/failures or timeouts. Tried the car/logging again with the same result and fault codes still present. Install was done according to all instructions (as best as I can tell from being an amateur car enthusiast but relatively detail-oriented).

Check engine light is still on. Car is under factory warranty so a little concerned here. Am I safe to drive it to work?

Logs/screenshots attached. Thanks for your help.
I think we covered this via email but if its giving issues in map 0 then chances are its something with the install. Check plug C as first culprit.
Codes wont cause any issues as the data is that of a stock car. Best to just act ignorant if you ever asked anything down the line.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo