N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: S6
Default 04-17-2019, 03:58 PM

Wanted to add that George got the boost by gear working and it’s pretty awesome.
(#27)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 04-17-2019, 04:18 PM

For guys that want to try it out its speed based.
Value you put in the window for Max boost 1st is what will be reduced from the JB4 target.
So a value of 4 in 1st gear will give you a stock 1st gear. If you put a 3 it will allow 1psi of added boost etc.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#28)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 04:39 AM

George - I saw the production version is now available for purchase. Are there any updates or new features that the beta units don’t have? Asking because I was asked.
(#29)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt
George - I saw the production version is now available for purchase. Are there any updates or new features that the beta units don稚 have? Asking because I was asked.
Same still. Should still be on Beta though. Will get the web guys to fix that.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#30)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 09:07 AM

George, another question for you sir: does this remove the launch counter limit or top speed limit?
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2019, 04:29 PM

No that would require a reflash of the ECU.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Default 04-18-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No that would require a reflash of the ECU.
Thanks. I was 99% sure that was the answer. The 1%......
(#33)
Old

Default 04-19-2019, 07:50 PM

Do we get the aDo we get the ability to command more fuel with the JB4?

I'm wondering how a set of upgraded SRM turbos would behave with the JB4.

Also, will the JB4 fix the car running slightly lean if I install ******* **'s on the factory tune?

And is there o2 code clearing for those not in USA?

Last edited by 135hoser; 04-19-2019 at 08:51 PM..
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2019, 09:51 AM

It's still early days on the S6 front. We've determined stronger boost control is the next step, working on various ways to alter WGDC. Will post some updates when we have them.

Outside USA passive delete option can be used. Blocked inside USA like all other models we offer.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#35)
Old

Car: 2014 Audi S7
Default 04-25-2019, 04:35 PM

Terry - will new firmware and maps always be posted in this thread? For others who are new to JB4, took me a bit of searching to find download instructions for the JB4 program for use on a laptop. The link I ended up using is here.

Only very initial impressions thus far. First pulls were underwhelming and felt like stock. More driving today yielded far better results though nothing conclusive as I'm just relying on butt dyno at this point. Thinking the car may have retained stock boost levels due to oil temp. Is there an easy way to tell without logging?

Hopefully can get some logs this weekend.

Terry (or others @BMS) - is there a good starter guide for those of us new to JB4? Looking for basics such as how to change maps, data logging expectations etc. I feel likely I've stumbled into quite a bit, but much of it appears model-specific.
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2019, 04:43 PM

Yes we'll continue to update the first post as we go. I see some links were missing for the windows software for those using the data cable! Also added a video for how the app works that should clarify things.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 04-26-2019, 01:32 PM

Map 2 with LC = spinning all 4 tires for 10 feet (5 of which was going sideways). This was on hot Michelin tires so definitely making some power!! Has anyone experimented with the boost by gear function combined with LC?...My guess is that will yield some good 0-60 results.
(#38)
Old

Default 05-01-2019, 02:52 PM

Just placed my order
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2019, 09:32 PM

You're going to love it!

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: 2014 Audi S7
Default 05-02-2019, 05:23 PM

Is there any dash integration on the Audi platform similar to the BMW platforms? Or is all map switching/code clearing done via app/JB4 program?
(#41)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-02-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsloan28
Is there any dash integration on the Audi platform similar to the BMW platforms? Or is all map switching/code clearing done via app/JB4 program?
For now maps switching will be done via JB4 mobile or computer app.
We're working on integrating that stuff into the cluster though.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Car: 435
Default 05-14-2019, 05:38 AM

Has anyone here run meth on S6? If a single BM12 is enough for 600-700hp? Due to placement issue, so far dual nozzles are very hard to install after(downstream) the air to water intercooler.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

F30 335xi N55 Pure 2 1/4mile 11.111ET @ 126mph (Sold)

2018 C7.5 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 octane map / AMS turbo cooler / AEM meth / RS6 turbo inlets / APR Cast linkpipe + Vibrant Performance CATs

Best 100-200km/h S6 stock turbo = 7.48s
In Shanghai
(#43)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-14-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Y4
Has anyone here run meth on S6? If a single BM12 is enough for 600-700hp? Due to placement issue, so far dual nozzles are very hard to install after(downstream) the air to water intercooler.
I saw your order yesterday and I was wondering about it. Usually a dual setup would be the most ideal, but if you can't do that then a single BM12 will work too. Just make sure both banks are merged together wherever you're spraying methanol.

Post some pictures if you're unsure. You have the rest of the kit? You'll need FSB etc to integrate it into the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I saw your order yesterday and I was wondering about it. Usually a dual setup would be the most ideal, but if you can't do that then a single BM12 will work too. Just make sure both banks are merged together wherever you're spraying methanol.

Post some pictures if you're unsure. You have the rest of the kit? You'll need FSB etc to integrate it into the JB4.
Hi Payam,

I have the AEM Kit running for half year, I was runing a single 1000cc nozzle. From some experience, I found adding pure meth will cause AFR to run too rich result very poor performance. The mixture for this platform is very tricky. A lot of users actually complained add meth injection slows the cars, I was confused too.

May I ask if JB4 fuel trim work on S6 as well? On 335i I adjust mixture ratio by looking at car fuel trim. Not sure If s6 work the same way?

Here is my nozzle location. Just downstream of the air water heat exchanger. Inside the metal cover, both banks and streams merge together.
Attached Images

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6
APR stg2 104 octane map / AMS turbo cooler / AEM meth / RS6 turbo inlets / APR Cast linkpipe + Vibrant Performance CATs

In Shanghai
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2019, 02:30 PM

We don't have a fuel pressure connector on the S6 yet but post some JB4 logs up and we can start to evaluate that end and build it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-14-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Hi Payam,

I have the AEM Kit running for half year, I was runing a single 1000cc nozzle. From some experience, I found adding pure meth will cause AFR to run too rich result very poor performance. The mixture for this platform is very tricky. A lot of users actually complained add meth injection slows the cars, I was confused too.

May I ask if JB4 fuel trim work on S6 as well? On 335i I adjust mixture ratio by looking at car fuel trim. Not sure If s6 work the same way?

Here is my nozzle location. Just downstream of the air water heat exchanger. Inside the metal cover, both banks and streams merge together.
If it was too rich, might need to step down to a smaller nozzle. Looks good! Got any logs of it running?

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We don't have a fuel pressure connector on the S6 yet but post some JB4 logs up and we can start to evaluate that end and build it out.
Thank you very much Terry!

May I ask if map6 is available for this platform yet? Because car has already been APR back end Flashed ( stg2 104 octane race map), so maybe we can try to slight add 1psi over the 鍍uned dme bt? per run to discover the limitation for stock s6 turbos?

I will receive the jb4 unit later this week and will start to log map0 WOT starts from 3rd gear to 4th gear.

Best regards
Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#48)
Old

Default 05-14-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
If it was too rich, might need to step down to a smaller nozzle. Looks good! Got any logs of it running?
Hi Payam,

So far I am just running 50:50 mixture ratio with a single AEM 1000cc nozzle. After some hard pulls, car acceleration is still strong. The IAT for this platform is awful, without upgraded radiator and meth, the IAT may climb to almost 89 degree Celsius or 192 F after some WOTs

Btw I am still waiting for the device from USA haha

Best regards
Li Wang

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai
(#49)
Old

Default 05-16-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Hi Payam,

I was about to post your meth picture.
Shoot the map 0 over first and we can work on a 6.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#50)
Old

Default 05-16-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
I was about to post your meth picture.
Shoot the map 0 over first and we can work on a 6.
Hi George,

The stock fuel system is capable to max out stock turbos.

My question is if the 撤WM curve in S6 jb4 also represents turbo capability, i.e. if pwm max out, then turbos are maxout? I am very excited to wonder what is the max horsepower for stock S6 turbos with their max air capacity.

For cooling, I have already installed meth with single coming BM12 nozzle and AMS alpha air to water enlarged radiator.

The jb4 device is still in the custom waiting for clearance. Will do map0 in this weekend hopefully. Again, thank you very much for your help. I hope jb4 can set some new 1/4 record for Audi V8TFSI.

Best regards
Li

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

2018 C7.5 Audi S6

In Shanghai