N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default ** AUTHENTIC ** Bosch 4bar sensors finally in stock! - 06-15-2018, 04:51 PM

Hey guys,

As most know we released a 4bar adapter and sensor kit a couple years ago. And while it worked really well for some, others found the sensors went out on them after a few weeks or months.

It took a few months to get to the bottom of it but it turns out that the majority of Bosch 281002576 4bar sensors out there are counterfeit and not as reliable.

Fortunately we were able to track down known authentic sensors at a decent price (in volume) and are again able to offer 4bar sensor kits.

The fakes look really good, it's hard to tell the difference. But I put together a couple of photos to help you spot it. The best clue is that if you paid less than $100 for the sensor itself it's probably not authentic.

You can order the sensor kits from us here: http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

If you bought one of the kits from us and want to upgrade to one of these higher quality authentic sensors no problem, we can upgrade the 4bar sensor for $50 + shipping for you (half off). Just email us with your orignal BMS order number and we'll help get you sorted.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 06-15-2018, 06:27 PM

Hey Terry,

I've been dealing with 2ABD codes on and off for a long time now. Changing values to account for elevation never did anything to help.

I purchased my 4 bar sensor on 5/22/16 for $99. Am I likely in the counterfeit sensor crowd?
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 07:14 PM

Yes all the kits we sold were suspect as are any sensors bought on eBay, Amazon, etc, or anything that was less than $100 itself for the sensor. The suggested retail price on the sensor itself is in the $150 range.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 06-15-2018, 07:35 PM

Were these advertised as "bosch sensors" on your website at the time of sale, or just generic 4bar tmaps?
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 07:44 PM

4bar 281002576 sensors. Which is what the box and sensor says. I'm willing to bet 90% of the people running 4bar sensors are running fakes which is why we hear about so many problems with them across all platforms.

If you got one of the old 4 bar sensors from us and are unhappy with it you're welcome to return it. Just ship it back to the address on our site along with a copy of your receipt from us.

The purpose of this thread is to inform people that we've learned most sensors out there are fakes and we've found a good supplier for authentic sensors.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Default 06-15-2018, 07:45 PM

got it. thanks
(#7)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 06-16-2018, 01:15 PM

Terry, have you tryed the authentic sensor to see if 2ABD is resolved ? Thats my main issue with the sensor I picked up from you.
(#8)
Old

Default 06-16-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Terry, have you tryed the authentic sensor to see if 2ABD is resolved ? Thats my main issue with the sensor I picked up from you.
That was my issue as well. I don't need the 4bar -- just bought it because it was cheaper than an oem sensor. I always chalked up the 2abd to user error, but ive tried everything over the years from voltage adjustments to changing boost solenoids. Turns out it was likely the sensor.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
There are lots of different issues that can cause fault codes, most of them software related. 2ABD normally is a BEF scaling issue. We're running these sensors in our development cars but those cars never had an issue with previous 4bar sensors, so likely bad candidates for evaluation.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-18-2018, 07:26 AM

Dang, I think I lost my receipt.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 06-18-2018, 02:13 PM

Good news Terry. Finally good to see the 4 bar option return.

Nice job providing the comparison between authentic and fake 4 bar sensor features - that's critical for anyone who currently has a 4 bar.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Dang, I think I lost my receipt.
Then it's full price for you!

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-25-2018, 05:44 AM

would the counterfeit one cause a code to be thrown for this sensor?
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-25-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defineste90
would the counterfeit one cause a code to be thrown for this sensor?
What code?

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 06-26-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What code?
these are the codes i have coming up doing some research last night i have some things to check on also but here they are
2ABC - BOOST-PRESSURE SENSOR, ELECTRIC
2C9E - OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER AFTER *** : ACTIVATION
2C9F - OXYGEN SENSOR 2 HEATER AFTER *** : ACTIVATION
2D33 - ABSOLUTE-PRESSURE SENSOR, INTAKE MANIFOLD: SIGNAL
3DED POWER MANAGMENT, CLOASED-CIRCUIT CURRENT VIOLATION
3100 BOOST PRESSURE CONTROL

this is how i got it back from the shop that did the single turbo swap so now im left with just doind it myself. but im trying to take out one code at a time. but i know some are probably related to others just want this thing to run right!!!
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2018, 10:13 AM

2ABC could be a failed sensor code, or setting on the JB4 or BEF.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 06-26-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
thanks terry! where would that setting be i switched from the 3.5 bar sensor to this 4 bar sensor. i got it back when u first released them(2yrs ago maybe) havent pulled it out yet to check if its a fake or not
(#18)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 06-26-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
4bar 281002576 sensors. Which is what the box and sensor says. I'm willing to bet 90% of the people running 4bar sensors are running fakes which is why we hear about so many problems with them across all platforms.

If you got one of the old 4 bar sensors from us and are unhappy with it you're welcome to return it. Just ship it back to the address on our site along with a copy of your receipt from us.

The purpose of this thread is to inform people that we've learned most sensors out there are fakes and we've found a good supplier for authentic sensors.
Good to know, I had a 4 bar from you guys and swapped to a 3.5 after having a lot of issues with it.

DocRace Top Mount w/ Precision BB 6266 - JB4 G5 - BMS Pump flash - 650HP AD-E Intercooler - BERK Race Exhaust - Fuel-It Stage 2 Fuel pump - ER Chargepipe w/ TIAL BOV - 560whp @ 20psi on 93 octane only
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defineste90
thanks terry! where would that setting be i switched from the 3.5 bar sensor to this 4 bar sensor. i got it back when u first released them(2yrs ago maybe) havent pulled it out yet to check if its a fake or not
For the 3.5bar TMAP = 1 is the setting and the default back end flash maps should work fine with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 06-26-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
For the 3.5bar TMAP = 1 is the setting and the default back end flash maps should work fine with it.
Would 2ABC cause 3100? Nvm everything came back

Last edited by defineste90; 06-26-2018 at 06:50 PM..
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2018, 09:06 AM

Yes, 3100 just means you have low boot mode from some code like 2ABC.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Default 06-27-2018, 09:12 AM

what should voltage be to the tmap sensor i was showing 1.97
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2018, 10:00 AM

That app value is rescaled to the stock sensor regardless of what actual sensor is installed. So if you want to do diagnostics you could measure the actual voltage on your sensor. In the DME box it's the yellow JB4 wire on the male side of the connector.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: Bmw N54 335
Default 06-28-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Hi Terry

I am not very "electrical" inclined, do you have any tests you can recommend to see if my 3.5bar sensor has failed?
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2018, 08:29 AM

Rare a 3.5bar fails unless you got it off Amazon or eBay (those are all fake sensors). But you could check it's voltage ign on, engine off. At sea level should be around 1.2v.

Burger Motorsports