N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2101)
Old

Car: G70
Default 05-01-2019, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Getting closer on that. If you're bored and have time to help test something drop me an email.
I would be interested to test something for the 2L as well.
(#2102)
Old

Car: Hyundai i30N
Default 05-01-2019, 05:16 AM

when i can help for 2L engine from I30N or Veloster let me know it!
(#2103)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-02-2019, 04:58 PM

I think the E85 section is off. I am only on 93 on this launch and it is reading high. Plus side though i am pulling off the line around 11psi now
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-02 18_17_32_Map-2.csv (6.3 KB, 39 views)

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#2104)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanb
I think the E85 section is off. I am only on 93 on this launch and it is reading high. Plus side though i am pulling off the line around 11psi now
Turn off the E85 WMI option you turned on.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2105)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-03-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Turn off the E85 WMI option you turned on.
How do i disable it? I haven't messed with anything in the water meth section.

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#2106)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 07:49 AM

It's on the WMI page.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2107)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 08:36 AM

v9

1) Changes to logging for 2L models. Water temp, road speed, and fuel pressure are now active.
2) Enabled WMI PWM control for those running large nozzles that need less flow at lower RPM.

Burger Motorsports

(#2108)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 05-03-2019, 08:49 AM

I take it no updates on the 'current gear' PID? Also, do you have a rough curve of boost increase by RPM on map 3 / 5? I'm looking to create a customized map 6 instead of using map 3 + boost by gear since it's a little weird when launching in 2nd gear.
(#2109)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 09:52 AM

No gear logging yet, although we're internally calculating it. So may revert to that option down the road if we can't find it. Just look at target on your map3 and map5 logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#2110)
Old

Car: VN
Default 05-03-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
v9

2) Enabled WMI PWM control for those running large nozzles that need less flow at lower RPM.
Does this WMI PWM control allow variable/progressive settings for systems that do not already have a progressive controller but have a binary controller instead?

Last edited by exergy0; 05-03-2019 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Removed self-answered questions
(#2111)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 05-03-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Just look at target on your map3 and map5 logs.
Durrrr
Does map 6 allow for decimals on the user adjustment page or do I have to use whole numbers? I still want it to taper to 5psi up top, but wondering if I can fine tune 2psi vs 1.5psi down low
(#2112)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 11:06 AM

Decimals.

Burger Motorsports

(#2113)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 05-03-2019, 12:42 PM

Terry,

Haven't been on here in a while, so could've just missed it. Did you ever end up putting it back on the dyno with E30 + WMI? Just curious if you saw any difference over 93octane + WMI (I saw those charts)?

Will be at a Cars and Coffee this weekend, and I know I'll get question! I saw you were faster in the 1/2 mile, but didn't know if you had any idea what whp or torque you might be at. I'm running the same setup.
(#2114)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 01:44 PM

I did and I think we hit a best of 475whp at some point but the curve wasn't really stable, so the offical word is power is around the same as 93 + WMI. But, it might be more stable going down the track and during back to back runs with the E30 mix helping boost octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#2115)
Old

Default 05-03-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exergy0
Assume this will be the HPFP reading?
Confirmed this is indeed high pressure, units are in MPa (fixed after reviewing units conversion below). Max. seen is 15 (2175 PSI), same as on the first gen VT.

Quote:
I noticed that the IAT reading displayed in the Windows app appears to be correct, but when I add that PID to be logged, the graphed IAT value is nowhere near correct (value is numerically far lower).
Figured this out and also for ECT (water temp); the decimal needs to be moved one place to the right in order to display correctly in the graph.

Last edited by exergy0; 05-03-2019 at 10:51 PM..
(#2116)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 08:26 PM

Each unit is around 150psi on high fuel pressure.

Burger Motorsports

(#2117)
Old

Default 05-03-2019, 09:57 PM

On the VT1 (1.6L T-GDI G4FJ engine), the HPFP is a 200-BAR (2900 PSI) unit that they cap at 150-BAR (2175 PSI). Another pressure unit used by that ECM is kPa (1 BAR = 100 kPa). See attached pic below for an example from a VT1 log.

So if each unit = 150 PSI, I’m seeing 15 units max., which would be 2250 PSI, fairly close. It seems these units are actually MPa (1 MPa = 10 BAR = 145 PSI). Thanks for the clarification.

Request to add ambient air temperature PID so ambient vs. intake temps can be monitored and graphed for direct comparison, please.
Attached Images

Last edited by exergy0; 05-03-2019 at 10:58 PM..
(#2118)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-05-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
v9

1) Changes to logging for 2L models. Water temp, road speed, and fuel pressure are now active.
That was exactly one of my concerns about the WMI kit being all or nothing. Thank you for addressing it!

I just did the update and I was wondering...
Is there something to set for the PWM control?
Can it be fine tuned and does it work on Map 8?

Thanks
(#2119)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2019, 08:57 AM

For the WMI PWM control you enable it on the WMI page, then fuel bias on the user adjustment page becomes the maximum duty to the WMI pump at that RPM, so you have some user adjustment over it. But you'd generally only use that if you're nozzle is so large you need to reduce flow at the expense of attomization.

Burger Motorsports

(#2120)
Old

Default 05-05-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
For the WMI PWM control you enable it on the WMI page, then fuel bias on the user adjustment page becomes the maximum duty to the WMI pump at that RPM, so you have some user adjustment over it. But you'd generally only use that if you're nozzle is so large you need to reduce flow at the expense of attomization.
What is the unit? is it a percentage 0-100?
(#2121)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2019, 09:13 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#2122)
Old

Default 05-05-2019, 09:42 PM

Thank you!
(#2123)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
So if each unit = 150 PSI, I’m seeing 15 units max., which would be 2250 PSI, fairly close. It seems these units are actually MPa (1 MPa = 10 BAR = 145 PSI). Thanks for the clarification.
Yes it was originally MPa but no one knows what that is in the USA. The main thing on fuel pressure, is to look for relative sharp drops. When you start to run low on volume MPa will drop below 8.

Burger Motorsports

(#2124)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2019, 01:38 PM

Got in production batches of a couple new products today which we should have on our site tomorrow.

Plug play WMI bracket which provides a clean way to mount a 1g tank and pump in the spare tire area.

BMS diff brace which takes a lot of slop out of the rear end improving traction both off the line and around corners.

More info to follow!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2125)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Default 05-06-2019, 03:15 PM

Looking forward to the Rear Diff Brace. I am also looking forward to buying the WMI kit too, and happy to see some more options available for mounting the tanks.