N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2601)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Did a Map 3 log out of curiosity. 93 Octane, densos at .022, and BMS intake. Pulls hard!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-09-06 14_21_13_Map-3.csv (5.9 KB, 16 views)
(#2602)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-06-2019, 12:41 PM

How do I enable and setup the boost limiter (for 1st and 2nd gear) function? I've done some digging around but couldn't find much information on it. I have a RWD GT so figured it would be a good idea to dial that in.

Thanks.
(#2603)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER
Default 09-08-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboettcher81
How do I enable and setup the boost limiter (for 1st and 2nd gear) function? I've done some digging around but couldn't find much information on it. I have a RWD GT so figured it would be a good idea to dial that in.

Thanks.
settings / user adjustment then scroll down past the blue "flat boost" button, its 9 lines down. it wont show any #'s unless connected to jb4
(#2604)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3t Sport AWD
Default 09-08-2019, 03:34 PM

Hello Terry,

I did two 1/2 mile runs with map # 2 and map # 3 so is everything looks fine for you ?,
I run with 94 petro-canada octane ... and if i did not have a high enough octane what are the risks on the higher maps?

Thank you for your support ... we see that you are passionate
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-08 12_08_05_Map-2.csv (16.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-08 12_12_21_Map-3.csv (16.6 KB, 8 views)
(#2605)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven TMAN
Did a Map 3 log out of curiosity. 93 Octane, densos at .022, and BMS intake. Pulls hard!
Some timing movement so you'll have to evaluate whether map2 or map3 is actually faster on the fuel.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2606)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoracing1
Hello Terry,

I did two 1/2 mile runs with map # 2 and map # 3 so is everything looks fine for you ?,
I run with 94 petro-canada octane ... and if i did not have a high enough octane what are the risks on the higher maps?

Thank you for your support ... we see that you are passionate
Log looks good but it's older firmware so only has timing on 1cyl, not all 6. Update to v10 and relog!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2607)
Old

Default 09-08-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log looks good but it's older firmware so only has timing on 1cyl, not all 6. Update to v10 and relog!
thanks, i will update soon.
(#2608)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt2
Default 09-10-2019, 05:42 PM

I've been using map 5 for almost a year with only the occasional limp mode issue. Now my check engine light won't go out and I get no boost after one pull until I restart the car. Reading the code with jb4 app says p0000. I known fault. If I go back to map 0 cel still stays on but I don't get the boost shutting down after a pull. Any other map it goes to limp mode with no boost after one good pull. On a side note I could accasionally feel the engine bucking when making a hard pull. I had hks m45il plugs gapped to . 20, been this way for almost a year. Now when I run the diagnostic uvo software on the head unit it tells me there is a possible problem with the engine control unit and to schedule a service immediately. I'm a little worried at this point. Also the jb4 app will not clear the check engine light no matter how many times I try. I'm on v10 firmware.

Last edited by Kelson; 09-10-2019 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Spelling
(#2609)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2019, 05:45 PM

Update app so your code is read properly. But, normally a code means something is wrong and needs to be fixed. JB4 log on map0 to check the vitals?

Burger Motorsports

(#2610)
Old

Default 09-10-2019, 06:14 PM

I believe I'm using the newest app. No option to update in Google play store. I'll go run a log like you said on map 0.
(#2611)
Old

Default 09-11-2019, 12:35 PM

Of coarse when I go to log the issue it drives just fine. A little hesitation / bucking is still noticeable but no limp mode and cel went away by itself. Attached a log on map 0 & 5.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-10 18_34_28_Map-0.csv (7.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-10 18_40_05_Map-5.csv (9.2 KB, 11 views)
(#2612)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 09-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Terry, and/or anyone else that can chime in with some knowledge, I've been experiencing some surging at higher RPM's and harder throttle input, as if I were getting on and off the gas repeatedly and quickly. This occurs on Map 1, 2 and 3 and is even more noticeable in Sport mode. I have a couple logs here in regular mode, maps 1 and 2.
Attached Files
File Type: csv MAP 1.csv (10.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv MAP 1-2.csv (4.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv MAP 2.csv (10.9 KB, 7 views)
(#2613)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson
Of coarse when I go to log the issue it drives just fine. A little hesitation / bucking is still noticeable but no limp mode and cel went away by itself. Attached a log on map 0 & 5.
Logs look fine but map5 is an aggressive map. You could try a lower map like 1 to see if your issue is power/boost related.

Burger Motorsports

(#2614)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmania82
Terry, and/or anyone else that can chime in with some knowledge, I've been experiencing some surging at higher RPM's and harder throttle input, as if I were getting on and off the gas repeatedly and quickly. This occurs on Map 1, 2 and 3 and is even more noticeable in Sport mode. I have a couple logs here in regular mode, maps 1 and 2.
I don't see any obvious issues but go ahead and update to the latest v10 firmware so we can rule out the older firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#2615)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 09-11-2019, 02:37 PM

Map 1 - 91 Octane

According to the graph, boost was fluctuating a bit.

Also, what should we look for on Trims?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-11 14_06_21_Map-1.csv (6.8 KB, 8 views)
(#2616)
Old

Default 09-11-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Warm temperature 80 degrees today here is my new log Terry...

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-11 16_19_44_Map-2.csv (12.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-11 16_22_35_Map-3.csv (12.5 KB, 8 views)
(#2617)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
Map 1 - 91 Octane

According to the graph, boost was fluctuating a bit.

Also, what should we look for on Trims?

Thanks
Log looks fairly normal to me. There isn't any adjustment I can suggest for it.

Fuel trims should be level and and drop as fuel enrichment increases.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2618)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoracing1
Warm temperature 80 degrees today here is my new log Terry...

Thanks.
Looks good to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2619)
Old

Default 09-11-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Looks good to me.
Thanks... Will test map3 time results at the 1/4 mile track this week-end
(#2620)
Old

Default 09-11-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmania82
Could it be wastegate flutter that you're experiencing?
(#2621)
Old

Default 09-12-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock_stinger
settings / user adjustment then scroll down past the blue "flat boost" button, its 9 lines down. it wont show any #'s unless connected to jb4
Do these settings only apply to map 6 or all maps?
(#2622)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 09-12-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakker
Could it be wastegate flutter that you're experiencing?
I have no idea as far as that's concerned. My knowledge of how turbos work and how the JB4 or any other sort of tune works is limited.
(#2623)
Old

Default 09-12-2019, 07:56 AM

Did a few passes earlier this week. Car feels great. Launch control with the diff bracket on Map 2, even with all that torque still rips with very little wheel spin (RWD Stinger here).

I'm not sure what the ignition timing is supposed to be @ WOT but everything else seems ok I think?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-09-09 21_21_44_Map-2.csv (8.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2019-09-09 21_23_44_Map-2.csv (7.4 KB, 9 views)
(#2624)
Old

Default 09-12-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakker
Do these settings only apply to map 6 or all maps?
I think it's a 'global setting'. As for the Map 6 details, they are exactly that, just for Map 6. I think they just lumped all the user adjustable stuff in one location in the app for convenience.
(#2625)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-16-2019, 09:02 AM

Good Morning Terry,

Would you be able to tell if a spark plug is bad from a data log(Parked while iding)? I seem to feel and see the motor vibrating. Doesn't seem right to me..