N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1251)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOURCE1064
Hope this fixes my issue. I only noticed this after switching to the OBDII software.
Let me know. If it doesn't we'll keep hunting around for it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1252)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 10-05-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
v1.53 received three reports of the CAN system randomly disabling itself until the vehicle is restarted. Made a minor code change which may correct that issue.
I've actually had this issue. I'll update and see if it goes away.
(#1253)
Old

Car: Daily 08 335I Weekend 05 M3
Default 10-06-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Let me know. If it doesn't we'll keep hunting around for it!
That seemed to do the trick!

Charlie

2015 ///M3 Black Sapphire Metallic/ Black Extended Leather/ Carbon Fiber Trim
(#1254)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-07-2015, 03:42 PM

On a heart breaking Mustang Dyno. See below. Florida humidity/heat.

3.5 gallons of e85 mixed with a full tank of 93 octane
jb4 on map 2 (we think it maybe was still learning...see below)
ar *********
removed secondary filter pads
dinan exhaust

I switched it into Map 2 about 15 minutes before dyno. I did two spirited pulls, but I think it was still learning, as on the pulls you could see open/closed loop morphing and the a/f ratio leveling out.

I hit 527 torque on the last pull, but the power broke apart, and a got a hot engine warning so we instantly let out. Terry - what could be the reasoning here, as we only did 3 pulls? The fan we weere using wasnt huge, and the hood was closed, so potentially that is why. I have never seen this warning on the street.

Roger @ Pros Tuning, very smart guy btw, says his dyno reads 7-10% lower than the average dynojet. My buddies Supra which makes around 1,000 on the dot made 880 on this dyno on the same day.

475 / 502 on a mustang ; 508 / 537 on a dynojet (7% factor)

Im happy. Thanks Terry

(#1255)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-07-2015, 04:54 PM

Without JB4 logs of the runs who knows.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1256)
Old

Car: BMW M4 RHD
Default 10-08-2015, 02:58 PM

Terry , i just ordered charge ***** and meth kit from BMS , and i want email you asking about the meth kit setting , may i ?
(#1257)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2015, 04:58 PM

Use this thread for S55 water/meth discussion, questions, etc: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31587

Burger Motorsports

(#1258)
Old

Car: F82 M4 6MT MW/SO | E46 M3 6MT AW/IR
Default LOG - 10-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Logging my car but something is off

I use the JB4 software on my tablet via USB and....

MAP1 on 91oct, my car hits 26psi

-Yesterday i added 4 gallons of E85 and put it on MAP7 as it also reached 26psi, cool...

BUT...

Then, i wanted to log and i check-marked the box that said "Ethanol Input" and after that, the car wouldnt make over 24psi

Any idea about that "Ethanol Input" selection?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2015-10-09 18_52_00 (M4 Log).csv (14.4 KB, 163 views)
File Type: csv 2015-10-10 01_04_43 (M4 Log).csv (14.6 KB, 142 views)
(#1259)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 10:27 AM

On the JB4 mobile? You select that if running a flex fuel sensor. Doesn't effect anything on the tuning end. Yet.

Map 7 has a slightly variable target based on inlet temps. Logs attached look OK to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1260)
Old

Car: F82 M4 6MT MW/SO | E46 M3 6MT AW/IR
Default 10-10-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
On the JB4 mobile? You select that if running a flex fuel sensor. Doesn't effect anything on the tuning end. Yet.

Map 7 has a slightly variable target based on inlet temps. Logs attached look OK to me.
Considering my car was hitting max 26psi on MAP 1 and now only 24psi on MAP 7, could it be because i selected "ethanol input" on the mobile app? or did it not boost higher due to high IAT
(#1261)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 01:54 PM

Map 1 is additive. Map 7 is absolute. So the boost values don't mean much without the other variables.

Burger Motorsports

(#1262)
Old

Car: BMW M4 F82
Default 10-11-2015, 09:50 AM

Supports S55 JB4 cold/hot oil protection like the N55 ESeries JB4?

Quote:
JB4 has cold/hot oil protection built in. So expect stock like boost until oil temps are > 160 degrees. Same goes for oil temps > 280 degrees.
(#1263)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newm4
Steve ore Terry
Logs must be posted to the support area and you must post the CSV files, not links to a 3rd party site.

Burger Motorsports

(#1264)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte@CFD
Supports S55 JB4 cold/hot oil protection like the N55 ESeries JB4?
Yes, stays off below 160 degrees and tapers boost down starting at 270 degrees.

Burger Motorsports

(#1265)
Old

Default 10-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, stays off below 160 degrees and tapers boost down starting at 270 degrees.
Ok thanks. Before 160 degrees car is running stock?

Other question:

Those numbers are at crank or whp?

(#1266)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2015, 12:30 PM

Dynojets measure WHP. Stock boost until oil is up to temp.

Burger Motorsports

(#1267)
Old

Default 10-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Dynojets measure WHP. Stock boost until oil is up to temp.
Just wondering about 430 whp stock, stock car has 431 at crank. That means with Map2 it makes ±600 hp at crank?
(#1268)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Just wondering about 430 whp stock, stock car has 431 at crank. That means with Map2 it makes ±600 hp at crank?
I've never seen a M3/M4 with 425HP/431PS. They are more like 460-490PS on german dynos.

335i N55 DCT
(#1269)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Crank HP is a useless measure. You can't sit on top of an engine and drive it around.

Burger Motorsports

(#1270)
Old

Default 10-12-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Crank HP is a useless measure. You can't sit on top of an engine and drive it around.
I know, just want to interpret your dynos correct for our customers. In germany its common to display only crank hp - maybe because it "looks" better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM
I've never seen a M3/M4 with 425HP/431PS. They are more like 460-490PS on german dynos.
Wo hast du einen Serien M4 mit 490 PS gesehen? :D

Last edited by Malte@CFD; 10-12-2015 at 11:10 PM..
(#1271)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-13-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I know, just want to interpret your dynos correct for our customers. In germany its common to display only crank hp - maybe because it "looks" better

Wo hast du einen Serien M4 mit 490 PS gesehen? :D
Did you measure your 100-200km/h time? My car runs a 8.7s stock (Pbox corrected) and 8.5s uncorrected. That can't be 431PS. I'll hit the dyno soon. And - just to be correct - 490PS was the top of my range. It's more like 'up to' 490PS. Most of them have ~460PS.

Ich kenne zumindest keinen mit 431PS. Schau Dir Mal die ganzen Dynos an. War selber mit einem Kollegen drauf. 475PS :P. Habt ihr wieder die M4-Style Heckspoiler da? Meiner war leider von der Qualität nicht so gut ;-).

335i N55 DCT
(#1272)
Old

Default 10-14-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM
Did you measure your 100-200km/h time? My car runs a 8.7s stock (Pbox corrected) and 8.5s uncorrected. That can't be 431PS. I'll hit the dyno soon. And - just to be correct - 490PS was the top of my range. It's more like 'up to' 490PS. Most of them have ~460PS.

Ich kenne zumindest keinen mit 431PS. Schau Dir Mal die ganzen Dynos an. War selber mit einem Kollegen drauf. 475PS :P. Habt ihr wieder die M4-Style Heckspoiler da? Meiner war leider von der Qualität nicht so gut ;-).
Measured not yet, Vbox is ordered. Send you an PN
(#1273)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-14-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#1274)
Old

Car: E90 335i N54
Default 10-15-2015, 08:28 AM

Hi,
When I attach JB4 to a right-hand drive, I cannot put it on because EWG harness is short.
I want an extension line for right-hand drives.
(#1275)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2015, 08:32 AM

You can extend the two EWG wires if needed. I've not looked at an RHD EWG model myself but I imagine you could also locate the box on your passenger side to make more room within the harness.

Burger Motorsports