N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 335i/m6
Default 06-27-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'd guess in the 480-490whp range on a conservative tune for 93.
Great job T can't wait to see how well this beast performs. You think turbo upgrades are worth the investment on that beast?
I'm pretty sure that's a little too early for where you're going with it but would like to know for I plan to pick one up maybe by the end of the year that is if they don't come up with a M2 next year. That's where I'd really like to have with some BMS touching up. Power to weight would be the **** and hopefully wider fenders to go with it.
Thanks again for all you do lovin the meth setup on my car runs strong!
G
(#252)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335xi
Default 06-28-2014, 04:38 AM

Your development work is amazing. Good call on making it all one package, good business sense too.

I'm debating between the F80 and (don't laugh) Porsche Macan Turbo. If there were a JB4 for the Macan, I would probably just get that but this M3 stuff is so exciting!

T - no plans on doing porsche stuff huh? There aren't any tunes available for the Macan yet
(#253)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2014, 07:11 PM

Sorry BMW keeps me busy enough as is.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#254)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 06-30-2014, 02:17 PM

Terry how long should we wait to throw the tune in? Meaning do you suggest putting 1k miles on the stock platform?

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR **'s : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF **'s : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#255)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 07-01-2014, 02:52 AM

Next try:P:
The SparkPlugs used in M3/4 looking very promising. Will they fit into an n54 (fbo), and if are they better than ngk?
(#256)
Old
Assistant pedal masher

Car: 335xi
Default 07-01-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Sorry BMW keeps me busy enough as is.
Clone yourself!

Modern Audi is suffering in the dark ages of $1300-$2000 flash tunes that you have to drive to a shop to install and de-install to go to dealer visits. Ugh!

Great cars with good engines, DSG, LSD just crap for tunes.

Rescue us Terry!

2011 335xi Sedan 6AT, Premium, CW, Nav, Space Gray, Oyster and black. N55 JB4.
(#257)
Old

Car: 335
Default 07-02-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianBullet
Clone yourself!

Modern Audi is suffering in the dark ages of $1300-$2000 flash tunes that you have to drive to a shop to install and de-install to go to dealer visits. Ugh!

Great cars with good engines, DSG, LSD just crap for tunes.

Rescue us Terry!
I thought that APR and Revo had flash at home solutions thru OBDII port?
(#258)
Old
Assistant pedal masher

Car: 335xi
Default 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin
I thought that APR and Revo had flash at home solutions thru OBDII port?
No, you have to bring your car to one of their dealers and they perform some sort of unlock on the bootloader or whatever. Once the ECU is "unlocked" they or you can OBD to it, depending on the tuner. You then have to reverse the process if you want to go to the Audi dealership for service. Not exactly fun if the tune installer is nowhere near your house (esp if you break down and need to be towed).

The tune choices are also significantly more limited for the 2013-2015 3.0T cars (B8.5). No map selection by cruise stalk etc.

It's the dark ages and no one is going to spill the beans on what is likely a simple trick to unlock the bootloader so anyone can flash it. We need bimmerbost help on that.

The majority of the power unlocked on these engines is just keeping the boost bypass valve closed after 5000rpm and swapping the SC pulley. It's prime meat for a JB4!

2011 335xi Sedan 6AT, Premium, CW, Nav, Space Gray, Oyster and black. N55 JB4.
(#259)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM

Getting closer. This is on E30. Time to step up to E40.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#260)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default 07-02-2014, 11:14 AM

^AFR looks steady but I can't read those trims. Does this ECU also measure -34 to +34?

2009 BMW 135i 6AT
AR **'s, BMS DCI, ETS 5" FMIC, Tune: Super Secret
(#261)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Wow, boost stays at 25 all the way to redline with no timing drops! How is the LPFP and HPFP doing so far? Add more ethanol and crank her up!

Burger Motorsports

(#262)
Old

Car: 335
Default 07-02-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Your local dealer must love reading your posts! LOL! :D
(#263)
Old
One tire fire

Car: E92 335, 6MT
Default 07-02-2014, 04:18 PM

Freakin' awesome Can't wait to get my car back!

18 Magnetic Gray Raptor S-crew
'17 991.2 Guards red Turbo S. 10.54 @ 131 stock
'07 997.1 6MT: FBO, stock turbos, E85: 5.9 60-130
'18 Nardo Gray RS3
(#264)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 07-02-2014, 04:47 PM

Hey T, can you also post up the graph for 93 pump gas?
(#265)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony007
Hey T, can you also post up the graph for 93 pump gas?
Not going crazy yet with sharing data I know want-to-be competitors are following this thread. But upon release we'll post the tuning specifics for each map.

Burger Motorsports

(#266)
Old

Car: 135i
Default Jbm - 07-03-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Not going crazy yet with sharing data I know want-to-be competitors are following this thread. But upon release we'll post the tuning specifics for each map.
First off - excellent work Terry, as always.

Quick question - coming from a JB3-tuned 135i (which I was very happy with) and moving into an M4 DCT in 4 weeks, can you advise on an estimated release date for the new tune.

Cheers,

Mad.
(#267)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2014, 07:48 AM

There is no set ETA for release. But we'll probably have a few alpha units ready to go in a couple weeks.

Burger Motorsports

(#268)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 07-03-2014, 09:17 AM

the shifts must be so fn fast.... amazing to see those logs like that

e92
(#269)
Old

Car: 2015 M4
Default 07-03-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
There is no set ETA for release. But we'll probably have a few alpha units ready to go in a couple weeks.
Terry,

This is super exciting. Keep up the great work! I know the community appreciates it more than you know.

A couple q's:

1. What were the power levels with the E30 in comparison with the ~93?

2. How is the JB4 with the EWG control working out? Seems like the boost is staying right on target.

3. Were you ever able to figure out if the charcoal filters had a significan impact on the flow?

4. Do you have any comments on your thoughts on the factory fuel system?

5. (Last for now, promise) Any major issues with traction ATT?
(#270)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2014, 10:23 AM

On the dyno now. I smell a new s55 dyno record

Burger Motorsports

(#271)
Old

Car: 2015 M4
Default 07-03-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
On the dyno now. I smell a new s55 dyno record
Ready to see results
(#272)
Old
One tire fire

Car: E92 335, 6MT
Default 07-03-2014, 11:16 AM

Can't wait for the results

18 Magnetic Gray Raptor S-crew
'17 991.2 Guards red Turbo S. 10.54 @ 131 stock
'07 997.1 6MT: FBO, stock turbos, E85: 5.9 60-130
'18 Nardo Gray RS3
(#273)
Old
Tuner

Default 2015 M3 JB4 Ethanol Testing & Dyno - 07-03-2014, 11:36 AM

Hey guys,

Got back from a couple hours of dyno tuning and came back with some interesting results. This car definitely likes E85...

The JB4 now has full electronic wastegate control in addition to the fuel mass control & CANbus, pathing the way for E85 testing. The test car is our 2015 DCT M3, 100% stock with a JB4, with ethanol mixed with 91 octane at 30-50%.

I've been running E30 for the last week on a tune that ramps up to around 25psi and I've been very impressed with it. On the dyno today running that same trim resulted in a very consistent ~510whp / ~510wtq results. Although the turbo holds boost to redline it looks like shifting around 6000rpm will result in the best acceleration results as power noses off above that.

While I had it strapped down I decided to explore more aggressive power levels. Added a little more E85 and went on an hour long adventure through many different curves and tweaks. Finally arrived at a 28psi peak tune which yielded ~540whp / ~575wtq. I've not tested this much on the street so we'll have to see how viable it is. But this just goes to show you how much room was left on the table for tuning with this platform.

This car is an animal.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#274)
Old

Default 07-03-2014, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the update Terry. This is good stuff!

2014 F56 MINI Cooper S
(#275)
Old

Default 07-03-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81
Can't wait for the results
Here you go:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25698