N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default S55 Meth Installation Photos - 01-19-2015, 03:10 PM

We'll use this thread as a collection point for S55 methanol kit installation photos, directions, and notes.

Here are a few photos of how we have the 1g dual nozzle kit installed on our development M3.

The wiring is the same as our N55 meth install guide. The only difference is the power wire. Rather than connecting to the battery rail you'll need to connect to switched power. Which is available in the fuse box under where the JB4 box mounts. Crimp a male tab on to a red power wire and shove it in an unused location.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2015, 08:40 PM

The beginning of S55 meth install references.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 15 M3
Default 06-24-2015, 08:53 PM

Good to know. Currently running the USB cable to the glovebox. We're using the large grommet that the large bundle of wires passes through. Will prob use that for the meth lines as well.
(#4)
Old

Default 06-25-2015, 08:38 AM

Hi Terry,

I began routing the lines and installing the meth kit last night. I got hung up on step 3, as I could not locate the power wire for the JB for the s55. Also, the pin on the red wire supplied seems too big to plug into any of the harnesses. Your help is appreciate

I took a few pictures of what we have done so far and will probably post them up once its all done. We got the USB in the glovebox just need to put some silicon on the grommet we broke through at the recommendation of my Tech friend.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-25-2015, 09:41 AM

Here you can see the large grommet that we used to route the meth lines. The white thing sticking out is a giant zip tie we used to pull everything through. This is also where we routed the USB cable.

This is in the passenger side footwell. Here you can see the usb line and the meth line.

I found a small square blank in the glove box and used that to route the USB cable. I simply followed the side of the fender wall. I picked up some velcro to keep the wires neat.

Hope these helped anyone who is looking to do this.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexit
Hi Terry,

I began routing the lines and installing the meth kit last night. I got hung up on step 3, as I could not locate the power wire for the JB for the s55. Also, the pin on the red wire supplied seems too big to plug into any of the harnesses. Your help is appreciate
Our M3 is down at PURE TURBO right now so I can't take a photo for you. But you open the fuse box, find a spot where there is no fuse, crimp a pin on to the power wire. I used a ground fork and then broke one end of the fork off, and simply shove it in. Alternatively you could use one of those fuse taps or solder a wire to the top of a fuse and stick it in. Then route that wire outside the fuse box, shove the cover back on, and connect it to the FSB input.

Getting that cover on and off is a bit of a PITA as it hits the aluminum strut brace there. But it's workable.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 06-25-2015, 10:08 AM

Yea, cover is currently off from the routing. Should have it done tonight. If you want any specific pictures let me know and I'll try and get them for you
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2015, 10:11 AM

A photo of the fuse tap would be great.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2015, 06:54 PM

With meth I'd use map 8 so you have the progressive safety system in place. Meth scaling 60 and then set the additive as needed. For those with PURE turbos if you set boost safety at 30psi or higher, it triggers map 8 to run the PURE turbo map 8 targets which are much more aggressive for a given additive.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 06-25-2015, 08:36 PM

This is how I have mine routed.

For me this was the easiest hole to reach and poke through.
Name:  IMG_0737 (800x451).jpg
Views: 5098
Size:  168.6 KB

Data cable insterted through. As you see it comes down from higher spot then where you guys have the meth line going through.
Name:  IMG_0739 (800x451).jpg
Views: 5164
Size:  208.7 KB

And just right back up and through the whole in the glove box
Name:  IMG_0740 (800x451).jpg
Views: 5131
Size:  199.6 KB

Data cable wires up and out of the square hole in the glove box. That hole has a plug so that needs to be removed.
Name:  IMG_0730 (800x588).jpg
Views: 5218
Size:  200.8 KB

Much cleaner setup. It takes some times, but better then going through the window or the door.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#11)
Old

Car: LSB E90 335I
Default 07-07-2015, 06:04 PM

Can you post a screen shot of the settings used for methanol on the pure turbos
(#12)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-27-2015, 11:05 AM

Is there any chance I could see the fuse that is tapped for the FSB power? Thank you!

2010 135-VRSF **'s, BMS DCI, BMS Meth, ER CP/Tial Q, CPE Exhaust, Wedge Flash
1995 M3-AA STG-1 C38 supercharger, Meth, Quaife 3.46
(#13)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 07-27-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04bbyevo
Is there any chance I could see the fuse that is tapped for the FSB power? Thank you!
I'll find out in a bit if I can for you. But I recommend just using a volt meter from AutoZone or something and testing which fuse stays off when the car is off.
(#14)
Old

Default 08-10-2015, 12:01 PM

Guys

Been trying to gather info to get ready and organized to install meth on the M4 and have found one PDF and this thread containing some info but it seems still need some good pictures/ instructions for the power wire attachment in the glove box area fuse box, can the fuse box in the trunk be used for this as well, what is preferred?

I will be reinstalling the kit I used on my N54 335 and presume will have to move the orange and blue wires to positions 3 and 16, any other tips and Ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks.
(#15)
Old

Default 08-16-2015, 09:54 AM

For the Start Meth Flow At (PSI) default is 0 should a setting be entered here if so what is recommended?

And for the Meth Safety/Trigger Mode default is 0 should a setting be entered here if so what is recommended?

Also what fluid/Mix gives the best results Meth or Isopropyl Alcohol ?

Thanks

Last edited by harry$; 08-16-2015 at 10:32 AM..
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2015, 10:56 AM

I'd suggest around 12psi for the start PSI.

I've had good results with boost juice 50/50... But its easy to try stuff and log to evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 11:37 AM

Could use more power wire fuse install photos for our S55 reference.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-20-2015, 05:23 PM

Some random images of today's meth install on our M4 development car. Will be testing it out this weekend at Shift Sector.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default my setup - 11-17-2015, 10:55 PM

My little set up.
Attached Images

Last edited by F8X_m3; 11-19-2015 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: pic
(#20)
Old

Default 11-18-2015, 11:31 AM

Some pictures of our meth kit installed on a F80

(#21)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 11-21-2015, 10:46 AM

What meth nozzles are recommended with pure stage2 running 93 in tank? Dual cm5 or dual cm7?

Thanks.

F21 M140i - 100-200: 6.95
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.47 60-130: 5.16
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.45, 60-130: 5.1
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#22)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 11-21-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres335i
Some pictures of our meth kit installed on a F80

Is that a custom meth tank or is it commercialy available? Love your meth setup.

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE
(#23)
Old

Car: e92
Default 11-27-2015, 12:16 AM

Love the clean look in the engine bay where can I buy the black straps to put on the nozzle wire??
(#24)
Old

Default 11-28-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace
Is that a custom meth tank or is it commercialy available? Love your meth setup.
Yes we make the tanks in house at our shop.
(#25)
Old

Car: BMW M4 F82
Default 01-17-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With meth I'd use map 8 so you have the progressive safety system in place. Meth scaling 60 and then set the additive as needed. For those with PURE turbos if you set boost safety at 30psi or higher, it triggers map 8 to run the PURE turbo map 8 targets which are much more aggressive for a given additive.
Which targets has map 8 under 30psi boost safety and how much >30?

And for the Meth Safety/Trigger Mode default is 0 should a setting be entered here if so what is recommended?

Took a ton of pics during the installation. When everythings finished iŽll write a clean s55 guide.