N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2017 Seat Leon Cupra 300
Default Water Methanol Injection? - 07-26-2019, 03:55 PM

Having got my JB4 dialled in nicely and super happy with my Dragy times I'm looking to cool my IAT's a little more!

Fitted big front mounts before, however I've never played about with meth before so I'm gonna down this road just for a bit of fun! Not going to throw much more boost at it, doing this setup purely for cooling and hopeful ignition timing advance!

So, who has done this, any issues or problems I should be aware of? From what I've read this setup should be no problem used in a daily driver? Tank setup, really want to keep everything in the engine bay, so I'd be looking at using the OEM washer fluid tank, more specifically I'm going to try and add in the GTI tank as it's on the other side of the bay, the OEM tank ok for meth?

And lastly what throttle pipe do people recommend for the meth bung? CTS, Spulen, Revo?

Cheers!!!
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-31-2019, 11:04 AM

Methanol injection is super easy. I would stay away from using the WW IMO, seen too many fires happen that way. I'd go with our universal 2 gallon tank and fit it in the trunk

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-31-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Methanol injection is super easy. I would stay away from using the WW IMO, seen too many fires happen that way. I'd go with our universal 2 gallon tank and fit it in the trunk
My only concern about that route is the noise of the meth sloshing about would kill me everyday! Think I'm going to strap a bottle with water in it in the boot over the next few days to see how loud it is!

Real first world problems here! Lol
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-31-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora2004
My only concern about that route is the noise of the meth sloshing about would kill me everyday! Think I'm going to strap a bottle with water in it in the boot over the next few days to see how loud it is!

Real first world problems here! Lol
You don't even hear it LOL.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-20-2019, 03:41 PM

Dredge this thread up, going to be picking up the kit this week, very lucky to have a UK distributor for you guys just 5 minutes away!

Anyway, what nozzle should I go for? Leon Cupra, currently at 370hp?
(#6)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 08-20-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora2004
Dredge this thread up, going to be picking up the kit this week, very lucky to have a UK distributor for you guys just 5 minutes away!

Anyway, what nozzle should I go for? Leon Cupra, currently at 370hp?
BM7 nozzle works perfectly.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo