N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default Opinions on Intake for hybrid Turbos - 07-21-2018, 08:18 PM

Hi guys,

A question for those on hybrids (Pure S2, GC, RB Next Gens etc), what intake are you guys running and anyone spent time data logging different intakes on Hybrids? I know this topic has been discussed on STOCK Turbos but what about hybrids?

Currently Im running Pure Stage 2 with BMS DCI on VTT Inlets. No complaints but Id very much like a cleaner look with closed air boxes (Gruppe M or AFE or even Dinan). Your inputs are much appreciated!!
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 07-21-2018, 08:34 PM

You should run inlets if you have any upgraded Stage 2 Turbo. I currently got MMP relocated inlets with Pure Stage 2 DDs and they work really good. Putting the stock air box back on just gets rid of the purpose of inlets as they are suppose to be the least restrictive as they could be. The dual cone filters work perfectly fine.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-21-2018, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the input, I did state that I’m running inlets. Unfortunately I can’t run relocation inlets because it’s RHD here in Singapore
(#4)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 07-21-2018, 11:23 PM

I run the pure stage2 dd turbos with the rb stock location inlets with the afe intake.

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw
(#5)
Old

Default 07-23-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
I run the pure stage2 dd turbos with the rb stock location inlets with the afe intake.

Nice! We have pretty much the same mods.. but I’m running SPEC stage 3+ with MFactory SMFW.

Anyone tried the kohlefaser luft-technik intake system that ECS tuning is selling? Looks beautiful..
(#6)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-23-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
Nice! We have pretty much the same mods.. but I’m running SPEC stage 3+ with MFactory SMFW.

Anyone tried the kohlefaser luft-technik intake system that ECS tuning is selling? Looks beautiful..
It looks nice but a bit pricey.

I would go passenger side inlets w/ the PSP metal outlet as it's the best flowing and designed outlet on the market imo. RB silicone outlets is next.

I never liked the DCI flopping around on the driver's side. I mean I know it's fine and I never had an issue, but it just looks dumb.

As far as turbos Pure or RB you can't go wrong. I wouldn't touch vtt with an tazer baton.

E92 ACF 6466 + AM Meth / E70 #1 / E70 #2 JBD

Got Boost?
(#7)
Old

Default 07-23-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus
It looks nice but a bit pricey.

I would go passenger side inlets w/ the PSP metal outlet as it's the best flowing and designed outlet on the market imo. RB silicone outlets is next.

I never liked the DCI flopping around on the driver's side. I mean I know it's fine and I never had an issue, but it just looks dumb.

As far as turbos Pure or RB you can't go wrong. I wouldn't touch vtt with an tazer baton.

Thanks for the input, as I mentioned earlier.. Im already on Inlets, and I have a Pure Turbo Stage 2 installed since 2015

Yeah I know right, about the DCI flopping around lol
(#8)
Old

Car: 2009 535i
Default 07-25-2018, 09:40 AM

As far as turbos Pure or RB you can't go wrong. I wouldn't touch vtt with an tazer baton.[/QUOTE]

Why not? I was looking at his GC line, I just smoked my twins and wanting to upgrade.