N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 07-03-2018, 03:01 AM

I just email you guys. I been running your 4 bar map sensor I got from you for over 2 years. And the car has been running ready bad now for the past month and I’m almost sure it’s the map sensor going out. I would like to get the real sensor ASAP.

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw
(#27)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-03-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball777
I just email you guys. I been running your 4 bar map sensor I got from you for over 2 years. And the car has been running ready bad now for the past month and I’m almost sure it’s the map sensor going out. I would like to get the real sensor ASAP.
What codes is it throwing?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Default 07-03-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What codes is it throwing?
When I give it more than about half throttle the car will go full lean and not accelerate at all and it will throw all these codes. The boost gauge will read 0psi. This does not happen every time I go into boost but This has been happening more and more the past month. I’m at the point that I can only drive the car if I’m very easy on the throttle and I do not go into boost.

2007 e90 335i
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.

Last edited by Riceball777; 07-03-2018 at 10:09 AM..
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2018, 04:26 PM

2ABD could be sensor related but that would be the only code. Seems like some sort of general electrical issue at work?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Default 07-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
2ABD could be sensor related but that would be the only code. Seems like some sort of general electrical issue at work?
like what??? The battery is good. The car never has a problem starting. The alternator did die on me about 8,000 miles ago and i changed it with an autozone alternator. I did take the car to the dealer last year for the recall about the bad battery cable and new air bag.

I drove the car all day today about 100 miles and there are no issues as long as i drive the car easy and slow and not go into boost. Sigh... I'll wait for the new map sensor to come in and i just hope it will fix my problems.

2007 e90 335i
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2018, 09:53 PM

Who knows, it's a BMW. They are world–renowned for being unnecessarily complicated. Maybe an engine ground strap? Shrug

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 07-10-2018, 09:49 PM

I just got your new 4 bar map sensor last week and it 100% solved all my problems. No more codes. I can go 100% wide open throttle all day long and the car pulls hard again with no issues.

2007 e90 335i
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2018, 08:46 AM

Awesome!

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Car: '09 335i sedan 6MT
Default 09-28-2018, 06:33 AM

If I want to upgrade from my 3.5bar w/ adapter harness, do I need the whole kit or just the sensor?

N54 6MT Doc Race 6266 E85 PI
WARNING: car may explode I tuned it myself
(#35)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-28-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veer90
If I want to upgrade from my 3.5bar w/ adapter harness, do I need the whole kit or just the sensor?
Whole kit, the adapters/connectors are different.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: '07 335i Convertible
Default 10-17-2018, 06:20 PM

Just purchased the 4bar sensor and installed it. Car running pretty rough, half engine warning light on, stalling, and showing and “2ABC Intake pressure sensor, re-running” code.
If for the 3.5bar TMAP = 1 is the setting, what is it for the 4bar?
(#37)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 10-17-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
Just purchased the 4bar sensor and installed it. Car running pretty rough, half engine warning light on, stalling, and showing and “2ABC Intake pressure sensor, re-running” code.
If for the 3.5bar TMAP = 1 is the setting, what is it for the 4bar?
https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605
Post #3

3.5 = 1
4 = 2

07 E90 AT - xHP
JB4 G5 - Trebila BEF
FBO
Hybrids
(#38)
Old

Default 4bar TMAP - 10-18-2018, 06:42 AM

Just for my head to be clear. The 2 value goes on the “N20 TMAP (0/1)” under the settings in the user adjustment section. Correct?
(#39)
Old

Default 10-19-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
Just for my head to be clear. The 2 value goes on the “N20 TMAP (0/1)” under the settings in the user adjustment section. Correct?
Yes that is correct. 0 is for the stock 2.5 bar map sensor. 1 is for the 3.5 bar map sensor and 2 is for the 4 bar map sensor.

2007 e90 335i
(#40)
Old

Default 10-20-2018, 09:20 AM

Thank you. Seems like my problem was an outdated interface. Working on it!!