N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2017, 05:26 PM

The metal pipe sitting on the exhaust side of the engine just bakes. For the pressure testing we simply connected a vacuum gauge at the turbo and tested 4 intakes at around 24psi. Stock, BMS, AFE, and Inj. The factory piping around the inlet is really good, no reason to replace that.

If you have a port injection kit and reinstall the BMS filter mount you can wind up with the intake popping out of the factory inlet piece though. So with port injection added be sure NOT to use the intake bracket and instead just zip-tie it to the fuel rail.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 135i N55 DCT
Default 07-05-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan
This would be great, but I think something with the maf needs to be rescaled. Which I believe can be done in mhd, but not sure.
If the maf scaling doesnt need to be rescaled for the injen intake why would it need to be scaled for a shorter intake with the same diameter?

The air coming in at 4 inches from the filter will be the same if the intake if 50 ft or 10 inches, right?

So if the 3 inches diameter doesnt effect the maf scaling, maybe someone could make a maf wire extention and adapter and slap it on a pure inlet (E series n55) and see what happenes

I, for one would be happy to get the clean n54 short intake look on the n55

All of that plastic in the engine bay makes it feel like a honda

135i N55 / KW V3 / CP-E charge pipe / CP-E 5" ** / CP-E 7" FMIC / JB4 S2 / MHD / K&N inbox / Custom made 3.25" catback / Tons of other mods
(#28)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-05-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***sooba
If the maf scaling doesnt need to be rescaled for the injen intake why would it need to be scaled for a shorter intake with the same diameter?

The air coming in at 4 inches from the filter will be the same if the intake if 50 ft or 10 inches, right?

So if the 3 inches diameter doesnt effect the maf scaling, maybe someone could make a maf wire extention and adapter and slap it on a pure inlet (E series n55) and see what happenes

What you say makes sense to me. But I guess we won't know until someone actually tries it.
(#29)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 07-05-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:

I remember looking inside my injen intake and right where you would insert the maf across from the bottom of the maf they had another circular steel tube. about 1 1/4 inches round and maybe 2 inches long. never consider what it might have been for till now.

2011 335xi e92
deep sea blue metallic
Mods: ps2; cobb fmic; vrsf ⬇️pipe; phoenix racing cp; injen cai; pure inlet; fuel it stage 2 lpfp w/ sensor; jb4 w/mhd e85 bef; meth 90/10 do3 and do7 nozzles. n20 tmap. Alpina flash. Fuel it port injection e50
(#30)
Old

Car: 08' 335i
Default 07-05-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan
What you say makes sense to me. But I guess we won't know until someone actually tries it.
Like this??

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=508

E90 LCI M Sport
(#31)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-07-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orteeze
Sort of. But that is running no maf. We are talking about a short intake with the maf.