N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#11001)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-12-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino_86
Terry. Just wanted to let you know that the waste gate algorithm is the truth! Thank god no more rattle, and it seems like it gives the car a deeper exhaust note. I would think that algorithm would render menu 10 useless now.
when using the new algorithm where do you have menu 10 set to? or does it not matter?
(#11002)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 07-13-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJ
have always run the car on Map 5 but am about to give Map 7 a go after I get the car back from a full service and check

"Using map 7 requires 50-60% E85, the back end flash, AND the fuel pump upgrade"

I meet the above requirements but just wanted to check the MAP 7 still has the same safeties and fail safes as other maps like map 5?

Can anyone confirm that Map 7 still has all the safeties of Map 5?
(#11003)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2017, 08:19 AM

Map5 adjust it's target based on historic knock and some other factors. Map7 is a fixed boost curve. So they don't offer the same level of safety.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11004)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 07-13-2017, 08:30 AM

Thanks Terry

Sorry I tried searching to get a definitive answer but couldn't find it after reading up

Will Map 7 still have the ability to go into Map 4 if I run too lean or overboost etc?
I'm just trying to understand what the risk of running Map 7 is, so long as there's still some safety's and the car will still go into Map 4 and/or limp mode to protect itself I'm happy to give it a try
(#11005)
Old

Car: 2008 E92 335i
Default 07-16-2017, 10:08 AM

How do we set the "meth flow max" number now? I'm running snow performance stage 3 WMI with their flow sensor wired into JB4 and was able to change the meth flow max number previously but now this tab or option appears to be gone. This is now the 3rd thread I have asked about this in. I have the current iOS version and 32.8 firmware loaded.
Anyone know???

'08 335i E92 6sp. MHD custom Twisted Tuning, 1320 race tubes. Lines Racing dual 2.5" exhaust. VRSF 7" intercooler. VRSF charge pipe/Tial 50mm BOV. RB PCV. OCC, Snow Stg 3 WMI. Delphi coils. NGK's. MMP relocate inlets and MMP outlet. 25 row oil cooler w/mocal180 deg t stat all A/N custom lines. Konis/ H&Rís. M Factory diff. Solid aluminum rear subframe bushings. Whiteline Diff bushings. M3 front arms. H&R sways. 550i clutch, new DMFW. BMS CDV delete/clutch stop.

(#11006)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2017, 10:36 AM

What voltage does the snow kit sensor output when its fully flowing? Alternatively set flow scaling to 100 (making it a true 0-5v input) and evaluate the reading to determine an appropriate setting.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11007)
Old

Car: 2008 E92 335i
Default 07-16-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What voltage does the snow kit sensor output when its fully flowing? Alternatively set flow scaling to 100 (making it a true 0-5v input) and evaluate the reading to determine an appropriate setting.
To the best of my knowledge the Snow Performance Safe Injection outputs a 0-1.5V so 0-1500ml/min. During some troubleshooting while testing volume output I measured approx .7-.8V while the pump was spraying both nozzles.

I did have the scaling set to 100 already.

My issue is my flow number which is consistent every time is low. Much lower than what your ballpark settings are for the BMS FSB and BMS WMI. My max flow number was set lower than what I am hitting and it will still kick me out of map 3 and shows "low meth flow" on the last safety. I never get any indication from the failsafe led mounted in front of me on the dash or in the logs so trying to figure out how to lower the max number a bit more.

'08 335i E92 6sp. MHD custom Twisted Tuning, 1320 race tubes. Lines Racing dual 2.5" exhaust. VRSF 7" intercooler. VRSF charge pipe/Tial 50mm BOV. RB PCV. OCC, Snow Stg 3 WMI. Delphi coils. NGK's. MMP relocate inlets and MMP outlet. 25 row oil cooler w/mocal180 deg t stat all A/N custom lines. Konis/ H&Rís. M Factory diff. Solid aluminum rear subframe bushings. Whiteline Diff bushings. M3 front arms. H&R sways. 550i clutch, new DMFW. BMS CDV delete/clutch stop.

(#11008)
Old

Car: 2007 bmw 335i E92
Default 07-16-2017, 10:18 PM

Hey guys, I Own a 335i E92 2007 and I recently changed my plugs + 6 Injectors + all the coils and when ever I turn my jb4 on, the speedometer needles swings which is normal but it's keep doing that while driving randomly. That doesn't look normal. Just want to know if anyone experienced that before.
(#11009)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 07-17-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoads335i
when using the new algorithm where do you have menu 10 set to? or does it not matter?
I set my menu 10 to 5k. I see no point in any other setting unless you want lag and the algorithm
(#11010)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbimmertech
To the best of my knowledge the Snow Performance Safe Injection outputs a 0-1.5V so 0-1500ml/min. During some troubleshooting while testing volume output I measured approx .7-.8V while the pump was spraying both nozzles.

I did have the scaling set to 100 already.

My issue is my flow number which is consistent every time is low. Much lower than what your ballpark settings are for the BMS FSB and BMS WMI. My max flow number was set lower than what I am hitting and it will still kick me out of map 3 and shows "low meth flow" on the last safety. I never get any indication from the failsafe led mounted in front of me on the dash or in the logs so trying to figure out how to lower the max number a bit more.
Make a thread in the support area with JB4 logs and I'll help you sort it out there.

Burger Motorsports

(#11011)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-17-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerbwoy
Hey guys, I Own a 335i E92 2007 and I recently changed my plugs + 6 Injectors + all the coils and when ever I turn my jb4 on, the speedometer needles swings which is normal but it's keep doing that while driving randomly. That doesn't look normal. Just want to know if anyone experienced that before.
Check your wires and negative earth connection

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#11012)
Old

Car: 2009 335 e92
Default 07-17-2017, 05:33 PM

on the first page of this thread there is a screenshot to show what the settings of each jb4 selection should be. This screenshot is from 2010. Is there a new version of this to give standard settings?

Just for info purposes, i have n54 with:
jb4
vrsf intercooler
vrsf chargepipe with bov
afe intake
***-back exhaust
just installed new index 12 injectors, new plugs and new coil packs

going to be running meth soon, already bought the kit, just haven't installed yet since i was dealing with injector issues. Looks like that is almost good now, except still blowing black smoke when WOT with jb4 on. Not blowing smoke with jb4 off on WOT. Thus the thinking i have a setting off or something.

thanks
(#11013)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-18-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue30093
on the first page of this thread there is a screenshot to show what the settings of each jb4 selection should be. This screenshot is from 2010. Is there a new version of this to give standard settings?

Just for info purposes, i have n54 with:
jb4
vrsf intercooler
vrsf chargepipe with bov
afe intake
***-back exhaust
just installed new index 12 injectors, new plugs and new coil packs

going to be running meth soon, already bought the kit, just haven't installed yet since i was dealing with injector issues. Looks like that is almost good now, except still blowing black smoke when WOT with jb4 on. Not blowing smoke with jb4 off on WOT. Thus the thinking i have a setting off or something.

thanks
Default settings the same, open a post in the help section with your screenshot of setting and post a log and we can help you if anything need to be changed have you don't intake cleaning so far?

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#11014)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-19-2017, 10:29 AM

Terry- I need to remove JB4 from my 335. This may sound silly, but does JB4 need to be set to Map 0 before removing from the vehicle? (Not sure if it messes with the ECU if you fail to convert it back to "stock " mode prior to removal).
(#11015)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 10:33 AM

Makes no difference what map its in when removing.

Burger Motorsports

(#11016)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 07-19-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirdaft1
Terry- I need to remove JB4 from my 335. This may sound silly, but does JB4 need to be set to Map 0 before removing from the vehicle? (Not sure if it messes with the ECU if you fail to convert it back to "stock " mode prior to removal).
Is this for the track e90 you just got? Why are you removing the jb4 ? I would not track my e90 with out jb4.
(#11019)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335xi
Default 07-30-2017, 05:23 PM

Hi Terry,
I apologize if this has been covered already. But is AutoClear not an option on jb4 anymore? I just updated to the latest firmware and menu 1 option 3 doesn't work for me anymore.

2007 BMW 335xi 6speed Manual,.. BMS DCI, Raceland shiny *****, JB4 G5 MHD BEF, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Chargepipe, Tial 50mm BOV, BMS Oil Catch Can, Secondary *** Delete, PE Mod and a host of things to come..
(#11020)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2017, 05:39 PM

Long gone within the USA.

Burger Motorsports

(#11021)
Old

Default 07-30-2017, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I was doing something wrong or made a reinstall error.

2007 BMW 335xi 6speed Manual,.. BMS DCI, Raceland shiny *****, JB4 G5 MHD BEF, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Chargepipe, Tial 50mm BOV, BMS Oil Catch Can, Secondary *** Delete, PE Mod and a host of things to come..
(#11022)
Old

Default 07-30-2017, 05:44 PM

Terry
Is it possible to use the JB4 antilag and two step in "Flash only mode"?

(#11023)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordBlacksE90
Terry
Is it possible to use the JB4 antilag and two step in "Flash only mode"?
Yes both should work fine in that mode.

Burger Motorsports

(#11024)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default Using obdII and JB4 simultaneously - okay or no? - 08-02-2017, 12:03 PM

Thought I read once on here that the OBD2 port shouldn't be used if a JB4 is being used.

Is this true?

Saw a little HUD unit that uses OBD2 to get its info and wondered if it could be used without,messing up the JB4 which is way more important to me.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#11025)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2017, 02:33 PM

Yes avoid using OBDII with JB4 active, they can fight over DME bandwidth.

Burger Motorsports