N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: Mini Cooper
Default 07-09-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludrof11
Thanks. I'll wait until I order the FF connector then... Anyone know if they fit b46's? Not sure if it changed.

On the bright side, the update feels way better. Mini doesn't feel so Small anymore with this and the jcw tuning kit installed!

Also hcorrea, you are using dash command right? Do you find it to be pretty accurate? I've been using it and my numbers have been all over... Don't know if that's because of the jcw remap maybe?
explain what would that JWC tuning kit and the JWC remap? your car is a F56 B48?

2015 MCS F56 B48 Down Pipe BMS JB4 FF
(#52)
Old

Car: F56
Default 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcorrea
explain what would that JWC tuning kit and the JWC remap? your car is a F56 B48?
What do you want to know? The tuning kit is just the exhaust and remap that puts it to 208. I have a b46
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Looking to do some more development on the B46 models, specifically ones that routinely throw a CEL if you leave the brown/MAP connector installed. If so drop me an email and we can test out a few new things.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Default 07-13-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looking to do some more development on the B46 models, specifically ones that routinely throw a CEL if you leave the brown/MAP connector installed. If so drop me an email and we can test out a few new things.
Terry, so far I only ran into CELs when I first installed it. Since then I haven't had anything show up and I have both connected. Even with that firmware update I haven't had any issues. Knock on wood!
(#55)
Old

Default 07-19-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
What do you want to know? The tuning kit is just the exhaust and remap that puts it to 208. I have a b46
Remap what? Only exahaust...

(#56)
Old

Default 07-19-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Remap what? Only exahaust...
Honestly, I am not to sure. I never asked what it remaps. My opinion would be only exhaust. I used dash command when I got it back from the dealer and all the stats were the same.(boost, a/f ratio, timing was slightly up). I did hear however that with the remap it's the same as the BMS tune; you have to put some miles on it. I however put the BMS back on as soon as I got home haha. I think it's worth the money tho, especially since it's factory.

Could you tell a "huge" difference when you updated the firmware on the BMS? I updated it the day I got back from the dealer for the remap. I'm curious to see if the power gains are from the remap or if it's mainly the BMS. I don't want to switch to map 0 to see and then have to put miles back on map 1 for full effect. Or does that not matter?
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2015, 07:07 PM

Adaption between map 0 and map 1 isn't that big of a deal. A few pulls.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#58)
Old

Default 08-05-2015, 07:34 PM

updating ..... increased the pressure to +7.5 psi. I did some logs and everything seems normal. the car is getting stronger. I made a suspension alignment to see if the keep walking straight.

(#59)
Old

Car: Mini f56 JCW
Default 08-10-2015, 03:23 PM

Installed stage 1, originally also with ff cable , but got error drivetrain malfunction straight away.

Unplugged ff and error disappeared . Test drove the car with basic settings and is great already .

I'm waiting for data cable to push a little more and collect some logs

Waiting for some updates from terry regarding ff cable. He told me via mail to leave it unplugged for now

perhaps the setting fuel open loop has to be changed if the ff is connected even though I'm using regular fuel ?

thanks
(#60)
Old

Default 08-10-2015, 09:01 PM

Use open loop 50 with ff plugged. you can go beyond.

(#61)
Old

Default 08-12-2015, 02:14 AM

Quote:
updating ..... increased the pressure to +7.5 psi. I did some logs and everything seems normal. the car is getting stronger. I made a suspension alignment to see if the keep walking straight.
I returned to the + 7psi. I did not like the lambda values ​​observed in logs and the car became bad to drive. I think I got where I was going.

(#62)
Old

Default Which map to use - 08-18-2015, 10:15 AM

Hey guys, finally ordered the FF connector. A little confused from all the posts. Do I do adjustments on map 1 or on map 3? What would be safe adjustments to start off of?

Boost safe: 5.0
Waste gate: 2
Open loop: 50

Would that be good to start with?

Thanks!
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2015, 10:16 AM

For the B48 adjustments apply to map 1. Map 3 is for meth use.

With 30-40% E85 mixed in open loop 50 and a boost safety of 5.0 should be OK.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 08-19-2015, 02:11 PM

Thank you Terry!
(#65)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 05:56 AM

Quote:
For the B48 adjustments apply to map 1. Map 3 is for meth use.

With 30-40% E85 mixed in open loop 50 and a boost safety of 5.0 should be OK.
Terry
how WMI can improve performance or security in your application. injecting water and methanol (ethanol) decrease the inlet temperature and also the temperature of the explosion chamber. the use of ethanol in gasoline has the same effect. in my Audi S3 I realize that at the time of injection, fueltrim shows a substantial downward correction, preserving the target lambda value. if the injection is excessive errors appear in ECU. what would be the advantage to using meth?

(#66)
Old

Default 08-29-2015, 03:17 PM

Giving an update for everyone

First off I can't thank Terry enough with dealing with me today haha. I have been exchanging emails with him all day trying to get the FF connector to work and it finally has. For me (B46) I was having terrible issues. When I originally plugged it in and started it up, I immediately got a drivetrain malfunction error. After talking to Terry, I actually had to do the reverse for pinning the connector(male to #20 and female to #21). After that I had a big hesitation when floored; felt like I only had half power because it kept cutting in and out. Terry advised me to put the open loop to 20 instead of 50. Everything is running smooth and pulling hard now!

B46
Boost safety: 5.0
Open loop: 20

Hope this helps anyone with a B46 that may be having the same issue, but I would still talk to Terry beforehand.

Thanks again Terry!
(#67)
Old

Car: MCS 2015 Hardtop
Default 09-01-2015, 06:33 PM

New FF connector installed.

Uploaded this firmware (mini_b48_1.hex). Hope this is the correct firmware.

In User Adjustable Settings, there are two waste gate settings
1) Default Wastegate Position or
2) FF / Wastegate Adaptation
Which is the correct one to set?

Many thanks for help.

Car started ok only now have to get some E85 gas.
Attached Images

2015 Mini Cooper S F56-B48 BMS Stage 1 FF
(#68)
Old

Default 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM

Curious of the same thing. I never changed my wastegate setting because I didn't know which one either?

Hcorrea, which one did you change?
(#69)
Old

Car: MCS 2015 Hardtop
Default 09-04-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Curious of the same thing. I never changed my wastegate setting because I didn't know which one either?

Hcorrea, which one did you change?
Confirmed with Terry that it's the "Default Wastegate Position".

2015 Mini Cooper S F56-B48 BMS Stage 1 FF
(#70)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM

Can I leave USB connected all time and use 3rd party JB4 app to change maps and settings ?!

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE **, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#71)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 09-12-2015, 10:43 AM

Hi does the B38 st. 1 use JB4 Interface, just to know if I can use 3rd party app with it ?!

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE **, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#72)
Old

Car: Mini f56 JCW
Default 09-17-2015, 09:04 PM

Why did you reverse the pin ? Plugged in the wrong position ?

I'm asking because I still get error on my jcw if I plug the ff in

Thanks

Quote:
Giving an update for everyone

First off I can't thank Terry enough with dealing with me today haha. I have been exchanging emails with him all day trying to get the FF connector to work and it finally has. For me (B46) I was having terrible issues. When I originally plugged it in and started it up, I immediately got a drivetrain malfunction error. After talking to Terry, I actually had to do the reverse for pinning the connector(male to #20 and female to #21). After that I had a big hesitation when floored; felt like I only had half power because it kept cutting in and out. Terry advised me to put the open loop to 20 instead of 50. Everything is running smooth and pulling hard now!

B46
Boost safety: 5.0
Open loop: 20

Hope this helps anyone with a B46 that may be having the same issue, but I would still talk to Terry beforehand.

Thanks again Terry!
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2015, 01:05 PM

Hey guys,

Added B48_4 firmware to the first post. For those of you who have had codes/issues with the MAP (brown) patch installed, update the firmware, reconnect it, and evaluate it. I made a change I'm hoping will help with that situation.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Car: mini cooper f56
Default 09-22-2015, 02:05 PM

thank you terry i uptade firmware
(#75)
Old

Default 09-23-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Added B48_4 firmware to the first post. For those of you who have had codes/issues with the MAP (brown) patch installed, update the firmware, reconnect it, and evaluate it. I made a change I'm hoping will help with that situation.
Great Terry!

I have suffered from engine CEL's with error code P12A4 (sometimes) at engine start, this happened until I removed the MAP cable. Is this software applicable to B38? Any adjustments in SW necessary dependent on engine?

BR
/Tobias