N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 535i 6MT
Default Using MHD to flash BB flash back to stock? - 07-02-2015, 06:50 AM

I'm currently running BB custom flash but I want to change to MHD. Is it necessary to use BB flash back to stock first? or I could just use the MHD to flash over BB flash?

2008 535i 6MT * JB4 G5 ISO * Luke performance flash * E40 * BMS 100% Meth * AR meowless ** * ETS FMIC * BMS OCC * BMS DCI * ER chargepipe * HKS bov * CDV deleted * Ksport coilovers * UUC short shift kit * AC schnitzer rear spolier *
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-02-2015, 07:00 AM

I would like to know also, I just asked on the 34th page of the mhd thread. Very interested.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 07-02-2015, 07:07 AM

You can just flash right over top of the bb flash
(#4)
Old

Car: 535i 6MT
Default 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
You can just flash right over top of the bb flash
Man! That's good to know. When I flash over top of the BB flash by using the MHD, how long will it take for the first time?

2008 535i 6MT * JB4 G5 ISO * Luke performance flash * E40 * BMS 100% Meth * AR meowless ** * ETS FMIC * BMS OCC * BMS DCI * ER chargepipe * HKS bov * CDV deleted * Ksport coilovers * UUC short shift kit * AC schnitzer rear spolier *
(#5)
Old

Default 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM

Do we loose the ability to flash back to stock at that point? So if we flash back to stock is this going to flash back to day 1 of mhd therefore flash back to BB? Seems like this would be the case, so to get back to stock (hopefully never) we would have to MND back to day 1 then BB back to stock bin? Sounds correct?
(#6)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-02-2015, 07:57 AM

If you use the backup ECU it will take your BB as the stock for your ECU/VIN and as long as the file stored in the MHD folder, flashing back to stock will flash back that file, if you use the flash back to stock directly it will flash the OEM appropriate stock flash like stock IJE0S ...etc

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#7)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 07-02-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkninja
Man! That's good to know. When I flash over top of the BB flash by using the MHD, how long will it take for the first time?
I forget the initial flash timelines, I think it's like 37min for d-can cars, and 20 or so for k-line. After that it's very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd
Do we loose the ability to flash back to stock at that point? So if we flash back to stock is this going to flash back to day 1 of mhd therefore flash back to BB? Seems like this would be the case, so to get back to stock (hopefully never) we would have to MND back to day 1 then BB back to stock bin? Sounds correct?
Nope. MHD does not need to backup your stock flash because it can regenerate them with the actual Daten files (same way a BMW dealer would return you to stock). It is a true "return to stock" map.
(#8)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 07-02-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Nope. MHD does not need to backup your stock flash because it can regenerate them with the actual Daten files (same way a BMW dealer would return you to stock). It is a true "return to stock" map.
Does anyone know if the flasher module has to be purchased in order to return a vehicle to stock from a BB flash?
(#9)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 07-02-2015, 08:25 PM

Bump I'm in the process of trying to do this. I have read my stock dme with the bb software and wanting to see if I change the extension to .bin I can go head and flashback to stock using mhd?
(#10)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 07-03-2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Bump I'm in the process of trying to do this. I have read my stock dme with the bb software and wanting to see if I change the extension to .bin I can go head and flashback to stock using mhd?
So, you can not read with a tool and write the same file with a different tool, unless you know how to tune, then it's possible to do this. But for a newstarter in that area, read and write with the same tool(MHD flasher etc.)
(#11)
Old

Default 07-03-2015, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
So, you can not read with a tool and write the same file with a different tool, unless you know how to tune, then it's possible to do this. But for a newstarter in that area, read and write with the same tool(MHD flasher etc.)
Unfortunately last time I tried to flash back to stock with BB my dme went into recovery mode. A member on here said that I would just need to change my stock file to .bin to flash back to stock using mhd.
(#12)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-03-2015, 03:51 AM

You can use the MHD to flash back your stock file and the easiest way is only to let MHD flash back the appropriate stock flash, just connect the MHD flasher and select flash back to stock, it will flash your ECU to stock without the need for your stock file if you want completely stock flash.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#13)
Old

Default 07-03-2015, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately last time I tried to flash back to stock with BB my dme went into recovery mode. A member on here said that I would just need to change my stock file to .bin to flash back to stock using mhd.

Mail me the file that messed up your DME. Salg@morepower.dk
(#14)
Old

Default 07-03-2015, 04:38 AM

If you have inpa working and installed I can flash your car back with no issues
(#15)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 07-03-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
If you have inpa working and installed I can flash your car back with no issues
Using Winkfp I am assuming?
(#16)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 07-03-2015, 06:02 AM

MHD desperately needs a FAQ.
(#17)
Old

Default 07-03-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
You can use the MHD to flash back your stock file and the easiest way is only to let MHD flash back the appropriate stock flash, just connect the MHD flasher and select flash back to stock, it will flash your ECU to stock without the need for your stock file if you want completely stock flash.
How does mhd know what your stock file even is? Does it have a preset dme file?
Quote:
Mail me the file that messed up your DME. Salg@morepower.dk
OK I'll email you my file, I don't have inpatient or Winkfp or whatever that program is
(#18)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 07-06-2015, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzio2020
Does anyone know if the flasher module has to be purchased in order to return a vehicle to stock from a BB flash?
Yes, ECU backup is free but any flashing requires the flasher purchase.

Quote:
How does mhd know what your stock file even is? Does it have a preset dme file?
MHD does just like the BMW tools - it asks the ECU for the factory state and the current state (ZUSBs) and deduce the appropriate, updated map for your car. No need for a ECU backup.
(#19)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
MHD does just like the BMW tools - it asks the ECU for the factory state and the current state (ZUSBs) and deduce the appropriate, updated map for your car. No need for a ECU backup.
Would the stock flash be the most recent? In other words,i can use mhd instead of going to the dealer for a software update?

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#20)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsportzn135i
Would the stock flash be the most recent? In other words,i can use mhd instead of going to the dealer for a software update?
Yes.
(#21)
Old

Car: BMW 335I 2007
Default 07-06-2015, 07:26 AM

Does mhd flasher also have the option to do the "wastegate retrofit" to eliminate the lag that bmw introduced with their "rattlefix" . And revert back to pre 29.2 wastegate behaviour?

Also i have a tuned ecu from a local tuner. So i don't have the oem files anymore , can mhd flash my car back’to oem settings without going to bmw?
(#22)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, you guys should provide a FAQS sheet to remove further confusion for future reference.
(#23)
Old

Car: 2007 335xi
Default 08-27-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odan.be
Does mhd flasher also have the option to do the "wastegate retrofit" to eliminate the lag that bmw introduced with their "rattlefix" . And revert back to pre 29.2 wastegate behaviour?

Also i have a tuned ecu from a local tuner. So i don't have the oem files anymore , can mhd flash my car back’to oem settings without going to bmw?
I too am interested in this question. Any word on this, MHD?
(#24)
Old

Car: N54
Default 08-27-2015, 11:02 PM

So what happens to the original stock .BIN file?

How are you going to get that back if you're flashing on top of another flash?
I know MHD backs up your original stock .BIN file before flashing as back up

Certified Australian 335i N54 2009 DCT | JB4 | FBO | E85
(#25)
Old

Default 08-31-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkaplun
I too am interested in this question. Any word on this, MHD?
The wastegate rattle fix enables you to adjust between the two behavior (open /close at idle and position for low load deceleration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN54
So what happens to the original stock .BIN file?

How are you going to get that back if you're flashing on top of another flash?
I know MHD backs up your original stock .BIN file before flashing as back up
Without a backup (or with the backup file removed from the MHD folder), we read the factory firmware number from the DME, then deduce the proper, updated firmware and flash that updated software.