N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#7701)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Same thing here
If the JB4 is changing to map 4 mid run its trying to prevent you from damaging your motor. I'd personally log and determine what the JB4 is sensing that is spooking it to go back to map 4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7702)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 10-02-2013, 08:11 AM

So command 4-3 is the default (high boost) then right? Command 4-2 is lower boost.
(#7703)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 10-02-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If the JB4 is changing to map 4 mid run its trying to prevent you from damaging your motor. I'd personally log and determine what the JB4 is sensing that is spooking it to go back to map 4.
Might be overboost.Did not have that issue on 25 tho with the same mods,fuel etc.
Will be doing both solenoids replacement to try to improve my boost targetting and consistency...
GetBmwParts have them is stock for $111 a piece.

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf **/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#7704)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Might be overboost.Did not have that issue on 25 tho with the same mods,fuel etc.
Will be doing both solenoids replacement to try to improve my boost targetting and consistency...
GetBmwParts have them is stock for $111 a piece.
Why would you replace the solenoids unless the vacuum line test shows you are not getting full vacuum at 100% PWM?

If you just want to spend money it's OK but I highly doubt you have defective solenoids. That is *very* rare.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7705)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1
So command 4-3 is the default (high boost) then right? Command 4-2 is lower boost.
Close enough.

Burger Motorsports

(#7706)
Old

Default 10-02-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Why would you replace the solenoids unless the vacuum line test shows you are not getting full vacuum at 100% PWM?

If you just want to spend money it's OK but I highly doubt you have defective solenoids. That is *very* rare.
What is the minimum vacuum levels would justify replacment ???
What about a sticky valve that works one time and one time does not. I do build 18psi eventually on 4 gear,but way under target 2-3psi in 3 gear from 3k rpm up.

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf **/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#7707)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2013, 08:56 AM

Refer to the "how to test your vacuum solenoids" thread for any additional info or questions on that procedure.

Hitting higher boost levels on small factory turbos takes a lot of heat/EGT in the system. It's normal not to hit higher targets until you've been under boost for a a few seconds.

Burger Motorsports

(#7708)
Old
I love me some used mods!

Car: nothing at the moment....
Default 10-02-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08
I'll have to run some logs then to see if that's the case, but I imagine it's fueling. Car is 60k miles and is running almost 50/50 e85/93 octane on the stock fuel pump. I imagine I'll have to upgrade the fuel pump soon.
BCEagle,

are you running the BMS backend flash? if not try that before you go to the upgraded fuel pump as it helped my car with fueling issues.

Also, I am seeing more boost in 3rd gear than in first and second as well.

COBB AP|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
(#7709)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 10-02-2013, 03:34 PM

I think it's totally normal to see more boost in third gear due to more load, I've actually seen on other platforms over boost issues in fourth gear and up.

09 335XI /Cobb ATR TUNED 18.5 psi/DCI/2ND ***** '''''''/E20/Alpina/VRSF 7inch/VRSF Chargepipe with Tial BOV***

Last edited by Jnat; 10-03-2013 at 03:26 AM..
(#7710)
Old

Car: 335i 6MT E92 Xdrive
Default 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycain
BCEagle,

are you running the BMS backend flash? if not try that before you go to the upgraded fuel pump as it helped my car with fueling issues.

Also, I am seeing more boost in 3rd gear than in first and second as well.
I am not running the backend flash. What is that? I am just running G5 ISO.
(#7711)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 10-02-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08
I am not running the backend flash. What is that? I am just running G5 ISO.
This:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20563

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7712)
Old

Default 10-02-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobniell
Terry:
Can you tell me if I need any special setting running RB turboes on the JB4 G5 ISO with V-power RON 99 and occasionally running V-power (70%) and E85 (30%)?

Thanks for clarifying

/Jacob
This.

SOLD 2007 BMW 335i | 6AT | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW {Smurfin' before it was cool}
|JB4 G5 ISO|Cobb|S&B Filters|RB|Evolution Racewerks|Synapse|ar design|JetHot|Active Autowerke|Bastuck|
||Amuse Ericcson|M-Sport|M5 SMG Knob|V1 Yellow Stripe Steering Wheel||

SOLD 2009 BMW 335i | 6AT | ZSP |ZPP
|FBO, PS2, Meth and #spacegraybrigade|

OTW 2018 Audi RS3 |7DCT |Dynamic | Black Optics | Tech | RS Design
(#7713)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityazndan
This.
+1

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#7714)
Old

Default 10-03-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabor67
Loaded 27.3 this morning. Car is adapting very well without issues. Boost still hitting high 17s on map 5. Have to run some logs today to check Map 3.
Same thing here. Car went from lazy to crazy. Boosting again to 17-18 PSI quickly. What a difference from 27.2 . No more overboosting and jb4 switching to map 4. Anybody still on iso26...or 27.2 needs to update asap.
Looks like finally a successful iso update. Great job Terry.

(#7715)
Old

Car: E90 335xi
Default 10-03-2013, 10:58 AM

sitting in my car now, loading firmware 27.3... :D

2008 Jet Black 335xi E90 6AT | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | BMS Backend 7/1 Pump Flash | JB4 G5 ISO 31.5 | BMS DCI | BMS CP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMW Performance Exhaust | VMR V718 / Kumho | Best 1/4 mile: 12.37@110.4 MPH | Top speed: 0-270 km/h | YouTube
(#7716)
Old

Car: E93 335i
Default 10-03-2013, 02:02 PM

I admit I refrained from following all the latest ISO version discussions as I am still happy with ISO 25 -- which helped to cure the low throttle oscillation issues I saw before.

However I am seeing comments from Terry on new FW releases on page 1 like "Corrected a bug ..." for which I would appreciate if it could be mentioned as well at which level the bug was introduced, just to help especially the infrequent followers here to better determine if trying a new ISO level might be worth it or not.
(#7717)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 10-03-2013, 02:43 PM

You can always load the latest and greatest and if you do not like it....... reload your older file.
Just remember to do a screen shot of your previous settings, if your the type to play around with them.
Only takes a few minutes to change hex files.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7718)
Old

Default 10-03-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronatic
I admit I refrained from following all the latest ISO version discussions as I am still happy with ISO 25 -- which helped to cure the low throttle oscillation issues I saw before.

However I am seeing comments from Terry on new FW releases on page 1 like "Corrected a bug ..." for which I would appreciate if it could be mentioned as well at which level the bug was introduced, just to help especially the infrequent followers here to better determine if trying a new ISO level might be worth it or not.
You are right cause it seems all updates since 25 had problems with bugs and stuff. I almost thought it was my car but apparently its not the case. How else do you explain the fact that the car runs strong and smooth on 27.3 . On 26.6 and 27.2 the car was laggy and weak. I had either underboost or overboost at times causing jb to switch to map 4 and stuff.The 27.3 looks like a champ so far tho.

(#7719)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You are right cause it seems all updates since 25 had problems with bugs and stuff. I almost thought it was my car but apparently its not the case. How else do you explain the fact that the car runs strong and smooth on 27.3 . On 26.6 and 27.2 the car was laggy and weak. I had either underboost or overboost at times causing jb to switch to map 4 and stuff.The 27.3 looks like a champ so far tho.
You probably just had a setting wrong, etc. As I've said 10x times. There have been no performance changes since ISO19. This is all low throttle, rattle, transition/shift, type stuff.

Burger Motorsports

(#7720)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 10-03-2013, 03:01 PM

I too was having issue's with 26.5 and 27.2 check engine and switching to map 4 with a 335is w/DCT.
Not the case with 27.3, it's smooth off throttle and through the gears whether in drive or sport mode, pulls 16-17lbs boost with no codes, no issue's, no check engine lights, loving it.
Terry thank you for working so much to make your product the best for everyone...well me anyway, just awesome.
(#7721)
Old

Default 10-03-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
You probably just had a setting wrong, etc. As I've said 10x times. There have been no performance changes since ISO19. This is all low throttle, rattle, transition/shift, type stuff.
I don't know anymore. But the car runs fine now on 27.3 same settings as before and problems with under or overboost have stopped.

(#7722)
Old

Car: AW e92 335i
Default 10-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Still rocking iso22 here and loving it. I haven't run into any issues yet so I'm going to keep it as is.

11.76@124 (123.9) fbo + e60 mix + street tires + stock exhaust. no meth.
(#7723)
Old

Default 10-03-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeel
Still rocking iso22 here and loving it. I haven't run into any issues yet so I'm going to keep it as is.
Wow,it's like staying with the same woman for long time.
I can't resist the urge for a new one(meant update)

(#7724)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default updates - 10-03-2013, 05:41 PM

every time i look theres another update and is usually the best to date.. how much better can this thing get? lol
(#7725)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 10-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2nice
every time i look theres another update and is usually the best to date.. how much better can this thing get? lol

Better enough to beat an F10 M5