N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#7601)
Old
I love me some used mods!

Car: nothing at the moment....
Default 09-23-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMau1986
For those of you running 26.6, did you keep FutureUseD set to 20 (using ISO25 low throttle logic)? I'm still on 25 and love it, but I have settings 10/12 almost maxed out.
I left the default which is 0 I believe....

COBB AP|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
(#7602)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 09-23-2013, 07:08 PM

No. Didn't he say the the default for 26.6 is FUD = 20 here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the fly. I have 26.6 built which makes FUD = 20 the default. Waiting for more feedback but I expect 51% of the user base will prefer that setup given how well received 25 was.

Space Gray, 6MT, Sport and Premium Pkg., JB4 G5 ISO, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMS DCI - OCC - CDV - and Clutch Stop, M3 Spoiler, Clear Bra, 20% Tint
(#7603)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-23-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
No. Didn't he say the the default for 26.6 is FUD = 20 here:
Seems to be a little at odds with the first page post, but I think moral of the story in either case is that the default throttle logic for 26.6 is the iso25 logic.

1) Changed settings such that "ISO25" style throttle behavior, that enabled by setting FutureUseD to 20 in ISO 26.5, is now the default. And to enable "ISO26" style throttle behavior, which may reduce rattle and smooth out low throttle tuning at the expense of throttle response, you set FutureUseD to 20. Confusing, I know. Another way to put it is with ISO26.6 if you still have low throttle rattle even after raising up menu 12 then setting FutureUseD = 20 is something else to try.
(#7604)
Old

Default 09-23-2013, 07:21 PM

I managed to eliminate my wastegate rattle by pushing up Base Duty (Menu 12) up to max however accompanying this higher duty cycle with the backend flash makes an extremely aggressive throttle pedal paired with the DCT.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#7605)
Old
Band

Default 09-24-2013, 06:38 AM

Guys I have been overseas for 3 years and need a bit of help. How do I get the IATs to display on the dash? I tried search and could only find references but no explanations.

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#7606)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 09-24-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM
Guys I have been overseas for 3 years and need a bit of help. How do I get the IATs to display on the dash? I tried search and could only find references but no explanations.
In this post:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17441

See the dash commands sheet in the first post.

2 - 3 for IAT on fuel.
7 - 3 for IAT on oil.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7607)
Old
Band

Default 09-24-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
In this post:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17441

See the dash commands sheet in the first post.

2 - 3 for IAT on fuel.
7 - 3 for IAT on oil.
Thanks,
I needed the dash link spreadsheet at the bottom of the chart. Kept overlooking the Commands section below the parameter settings. getting old sucks.

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#7608)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 09-24-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM
Thanks,
I needed the dash link spreadsheet at the bottom of the chart. Kept overlooking the Commands section below the parameter settings. getting old sucks.
LOL.... yes it does...... big time!!!!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7609)
Old

Default 09-24-2013, 09:00 PM

Since upgrading to g5 iso, and backend flash I've had a problem with sudden throttle increases. If I just floor it in 2nd or 3rd, sometimes it will stutter first then after a second goes as normal. It will even do it sometimes when I shift 2nd to 3rd quickly.

Anyone know what might be causing this?
(#7610)
Old

Default 09-24-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
Since upgrading to g5 iso, and backend flash I've had a problem with sudden throttle increases. If I just floor it in 2nd or 3rd, sometimes it will stutter first then after a second goes as normal. It will even do it sometimes when I shift 2nd to 3rd quickly.

Anyone know what might be causing this?
Has to be a torque limiting issue. I've had the same.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#7611)
Old

Default 09-24-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
Has to be a torque limiting issue. I've had the same.
What did you do to fix it?
(#7612)
Old

Default 09-24-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles
What did you do to fix it?
Nothing as yet.

(#7613)
Old

Car: 07 e92
Default 09-25-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
Can you elaborate on the "harder" comment? Also are you on the stock trans flash?

Do you mean firmer shifts or are they jerkier?

-Nick
Nick, sorry for a very late response. The shift from 4th to 5th is very jerky. All other shifts with acceleration are smooth, very smooth actually. From 4th to 5th shift it does not want to shift quickly, it gets stuck around 45-48 mph area and then when it shifts it jerks. I don't know why it happens, its just in that 1 shift.

Yes I am on stock trans flash. I only know of Alpina flash, but I have not had that flash done. I was wondering are there any other ones?
(#7614)
Old

Car: 135
Default 09-25-2013, 10:04 AM

wait so unless i insert a value of 20 in FUD then I dont have ISO 25 throttle logic??? when I upgraded to ISO26.6 in the notes for all the Future use there was nothing about what a value of 20 would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMau1986
Seems to be a little at odds with the first page post, but I think moral of the story in either case is that the default throttle logic for 26.6 is the iso25 logic.

1) Changed settings such that "ISO25" style throttle behavior, that enabled by setting FutureUseD to 20 in ISO 26.5, is now the default. And to enable "ISO26" style throttle behavior, which may reduce rattle and smooth out low throttle tuning at the expense of throttle response, you set FutureUseD to 20. Confusing, I know. Another way to put it is with ISO26.6 if you still have low throttle rattle even after raising up menu 12 then setting FutureUseD = 20 is something else to try.
(#7615)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Hey Terry.
Is their a tech write up for 27.1 yet?
(#7616)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 09-25-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzammil15
Nick, sorry for a very late response. The shift from 4th to 5th is very jerky. All other shifts with acceleration are smooth, very smooth actually. From 4th to 5th shift it does not want to shift quickly, it gets stuck around 45-48 mph area and then when it shifts it jerks. I don't know why it happens, its just in that 1 shift.

Yes I am on stock trans flash. I only know of Alpina flash, but I have not had that flash done. I was wondering are there any other ones?
:
Low throttle upshifts lurk forward sometimes. I don't belive it's
Jb4 running related tho. I had it on stock and now alpina tcu flash even tho it got a lot better with alpina flash The cure is to stay more on the gas during upshifts. At least that's how I deal with mine regardless the map or software.It not a big deal and most likely trans hardware related.
Stock trans flash was 30-50% slower shifting overall. So Alpina TCU will help providing you don't always drive in D mode cause if you do you will hate it. It's only for S and MT perf oriented driving crowd

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf **/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK

Last edited by Robert; 09-25-2013 at 10:33 AM..
(#7617)
Old

Car: 09 e92 335i sport
Default 09-25-2013, 10:32 AM

my tranny is stock and my mods are g5iso and dci and once and a wile I get a hard 1-2 shift that feels like a hit at a very certain thottle.

I asked this before amd dident get an answer if the jb4 does anything to the tranny programing.

im going to load up the 27.1 and see how the car feels im on the 25hex now
(#7618)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip&Go
Hey Terry.
Is their a tech write up for 27.1 yet?
If there's not a write-up for any new firmware it means Terry is beta testing it and looking for feedback from anyone who is currently running it (after releasing it privately or in a post. see 27.1). Once he feels it's a solid firmware without any bugs he will post the firmware file on the first page of this post with the accompanying notes.

Last edited by bigdaddycain; 09-25-2013 at 10:53 AM..
(#7619)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycain
If there's not a write-up for any new firmware it means Terry is beta testing it and looking for feedback from anyone who is currently running it (after releasing it privately or in a post. see 27.1). Once he feels it's a solid firmware without any bugs he will post the firmware file on the first page of this post with the accompanying notes.
But 27.1 is posted on the first page.

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#7620)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 10:59 AM

Notes for 27.1 are in the first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7621)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 11:03 AM

I swear that wasn't there this morning! lolzzz thxs!
Loved 26.6 Terry Good werk!!!!
(#7622)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsportzn135i
But 27.1 is posted on the first page.
I said IF....I was going off what the other poster wrote....

(#7623)
Old

Car: 335 e90 spt pack 6mt
Default 09-25-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycain
I said IF....I was going off what the other poster wrote....
plus it had just been posted, wasnt there earlier
(#7624)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2013, 11:57 AM

27.1 is new. There is discussion about it in another thread. I suspect 8/10 people will prefer it to 26.6. I know I do. But as always, I encourage everyone to run whatever works best for their needs. Some guys still prefer ISO19, some refuse to run ISO at all, and maybe once per month I hear from a customer who prefers their JB3 to a JB4. Live and let live.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#7625)
Old

Default 09-25-2013, 12:00 PM

My friends 335i with JB+ beat my fullbolt + Cobb AP 07 STI lolzz
I sold the STI the next month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
27.1 is new. There is discussion about it in another thread. I suspect 8/10 people will prefer it to 26.6. I know I do. But as always, I encourage everyone to run whatever works best for their needs. Some guys still prefer ISO19, some refuse to run ISO at all, and maybe once per month I hear from a customer who prefers their JB3 to a JB4. Live and let live.