N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#6726)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Removed maybe 40 posts. If you guys want to post/share logs, discuss bugs, etc, use the support section. This thread is only for general questions.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6727)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-27-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joselarajan87
i dont even know where to start.. whats the easies way of doing this?
check iso 22 thread

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#6728)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Added ISO_22 to the first post with a few notes. Remember, the new adjustments are OPTIONAL.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6729)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 05-28-2013, 09:27 AM

Great idea, thanks Terry can't wait to try it!
(#6730)
Old

Car: 07 e92
Default 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM

Man I just updated to 20D few days ago and now 22 is out. What exactly changed in 22? I am stock only have DCI's. Would I see a huge difference in 22? One thing I noticed in 20D, is when the car shifts gears, they are bit hard.
(#6731)
Old

Car: 2010 335I X-Drive M-Sport Lemans Blue
Default 05-28-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey
I have an 08 335xi with 6AT steptronic.

Running 20D.

Any advantage for my setup to go to hex 21?

I'm confused on DCT...is this same as 6AT step? I have no paddles....just shifter that goes from D to DS to M. Have alpina flash.

Any help appreciated.
DCT = Double Clutch Transmission. You dont have that..

Too many acronyms here...

GS

2013 335is, Gen 5 ISO, DCI
(#6732)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 05-28-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Added ISO_22 to the first post with a few notes. Remember, the new adjustments are OPTIONAL.

Out of curiosity what are the throttle position ranges for menu 12 vs. 10 now?

And if I read your notes correctly, 12 is lower throttle position than 10, right?
(#6733)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Hello, I'm new here, I have the update to iso_19, in my car I have not installed the sensor 3.5map
I have to upgrade to iso_22?
thank you very much and greetings
(#6734)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-28-2013, 03:31 PM

I have a dumb question....I installed the 2step relay today and was wondering if installing the NLS wiring is needed for it to work properly? When I go WOT the car cuts out 4k like it it hit a wall. When I'm sitting in first gear and rev at a it doesn't cut at the designated rpm.

~JB4 G5 iso~BMS E85 Backend Flash~VTT Inlets~BMS DCI~BMS Low Temp Thermostat~BMS OCC~BMS Modified Clutch Valve~BMS Clutch Stop~335is Clutch~ER Competition FMIC Kit w/ HKS SSQV~3"AR **'s~3" Custom exhaust~RB PCV Valve~SteveAZ Stage 2 Bucket~Avant Garde M359 18x8.5 +35 18x9.5 +33~
(#6735)
Old

Car: 201 535i M sport
Default 05-28-2013, 04:10 PM

So i have no clue about two step relay, but just to cover it, you arent possibly on the rev limited map are you?

• 1987 Mazda MX-6 GT 4WS - RIP
(#6736)
Old

Car: 08 335
Default 05-28-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV135i
I have a dumb question....I installed the 2step relay today and was wondering if installing the NLS wiring is needed for it to work properly? When I go WOT the car cuts out 4k like it it hit a wall. When I'm sitting in first gear and rev at a it doesn't cut at the designated rpm.
heard of this before cant remember the fix though.
its a setting issue if i remember right .

PTF COBB E50+METH /RR550 TURBOS/ CUSTOM PRE CP/INTAKES / HFS4 / ER FMIC /MF LSD /M3 CONTROL ARMS/ BMS **/STEVE AZ LPFP/POWER FLEX BLACK /SPEC2+/KWV2/
(#6737)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi Sedan
Default 05-28-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliding_soles
DCT = Double Clutch Transmission. You dont have that..

Too many acronyms here...
Haha. yeah. The DTC vs DCT thing is easy to start a tail spin of confusion. Thanks for clearing that up. I did use the Google as I should have before posting. Cheers!
(#6738)
Old

Default 05-28-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseraptor335i
Hello, I'm new here, I have the update to iso_19, in my car I have not installed the sensor 3.5map
I have to upgrade to iso_22?
thank you very much and greetings
Updates are always optional.
(#6739)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-28-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buskeyl
So i have no clue about two step relay, but just to cover it, you arent possibly on the rev limited map are you?
nope not on the rev limited map

~JB4 G5 iso~BMS E85 Backend Flash~VTT Inlets~BMS DCI~BMS Low Temp Thermostat~BMS OCC~BMS Modified Clutch Valve~BMS Clutch Stop~335is Clutch~ER Competition FMIC Kit w/ HKS SSQV~3"AR **'s~3" Custom exhaust~RB PCV Valve~SteveAZ Stage 2 Bucket~Avant Garde M359 18x8.5 +35 18x9.5 +33~
(#6740)
Old

Car: 135
Default 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM

So don't take this the wrong way, but am I the only one who's tired of all the shenanigans related to trying to mitigate wastegate rattle with different firmware revisions?! I mean, I have wastegate rattle yes, but I I also have a chattering flywheel and straightpipe exhaust so as retarded as the wastegate rattle is I really don't give a flip about it. I just wan't whatever firmware is going to PERFORM best. Perhaps that focus isn't lost, but I have to imagine that some of these changes to quiet the wastegates are at the expense of other parameters affecting performance so I just hope at some point there's a firmware version released called "ISO wastegates-loud-as-hell" that doesn't pay any attention to the sounds and only to the power delivery, throttle response, and part-throttle smoothness I remember from the G5 integrated days.

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#6741)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 05-28-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo Rider
So don't take this the wrong way, but am I the only one who's tired of all the shenanigans related to trying to mitigate wastegate rattle with different firmware revisions?! I mean, I have wastegate rattle yes, but I I also have a chattering flywheel and straightpipe exhaust so as retarded as the wastegate rattle is I really don't give a flip about it. I just wan't whatever firmware is going to PERFORM best. Perhaps that focus isn't lost, but I have to imagine that some of these changes to quiet the wastegates are at the expense of other parameters affecting performance so I just hope at some point there's a firmware version released called "ISO wastegates-loud-as-hell" that doesn't pay any attention to the sounds and only to the power delivery, throttle response, and part-throttle smoothness I remember from the G5 integrated days.

it's adjustable... what's the problem?
(#6742)
Old

Default 05-28-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:

Haha!! That's too funny!!
(#6743)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335is
Default 05-28-2013, 11:45 PM

2013 BMW 335is Convertible
(#6744)
Old

Car: BMW 335i Sedan
Default 05-29-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb224
Haha!! That's too funny!!
What is too funny? The man is right!

2007 E90 335i.
JB4 G4.
FBO+METH.
(#6745)
Old

Car: BMW 335i Sedan
Default 05-29-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:

+1

2007 E90 335i.
JB4 G4.
FBO+METH.
(#6746)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 05-29-2013, 08:58 AM

im running 20d, will i see any benefits from upgrading to 22? i have a 6spd m/t
terry, in which flash did u play with the pwm?

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)
(#6747)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:

The idea behind making both user adjustable is to give you the flexibility to mask rattle while setting low throttle behavior to your liking.

Burger Motorsports

(#6748)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:

how much are you paying fir the new firmware

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#6749)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
how much are you paying fir the new firmware
+1

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)
(#6750)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 05-29-2013, 04:29 PM

I love it, one of my favorite saying is "yes, cars do make noise"!