N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#6301)
Old

Car: 08 e90 sedan
Default 03-04-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Remember 91 already has 10% alcohol in it when figuring the mix.
true that
(#6302)
Old

Car: BSM 135i
Default 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM

quick question for Terry, I have a JB3 pin out that i upgraded to the JB4 G4 board. Also currently running FBO WW meth kit... i would like to upgrade to the G5 ISO along with the 2step setting in the next month. My question is if i can still use the pinout version harness i am currently running or will i have to upgrade to the pnp version. i know there are a lot of wire changes from the older versions to the new not only in the BMW harness but also in the JBox harness. just want to figure out whats best to do so i can continue to upgrade in the future. thanks in advance for any help!
(#6303)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM

You can but you need to be sharp with the directions posted.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6304)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Remember 91 already has 10% alcohol in it when figuring the mix.
Most 91 fuels do contain 10 ethanol.... but the total octane supplied is still 91.
When they mix in ethanol they can use a lower grade of gas to come back to 91.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6305)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-04-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore135
quick question for Terry, I have a JB3 pin out that i upgraded to the JB4 G4 board. Also currently running FBO WW meth kit... i would like to upgrade to the G5 ISO along with the 2step setting in the next month. My question is if i can still use the pinout version harness i am currently running or will i have to upgrade to the pnp version. i know there are a lot of wire changes from the older versions to the new not only in the BMW harness but also in the JBox harness. just want to figure out whats best to do so i can continue to upgrade in the future. thanks in advance for any help!
I'm running with a pinout configuration, ISO with CPS, SLD, and *** fix...no issues. Just gotta be careful and double/triple check everything! I also heat shrinked every connection...I'm a bit anal that way I guess. But no issues!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6306)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi
Default CPS wire install or not - 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM

I'm about to install my G5 ISO. I have all the wires for CPS, SLD & NLS. I am mostly stock with exhaust and intake right now, but I am probably looking at Meth and/or *** soon. My question is there any benefit/drawback to installing the CPS wire. I figured it was better to have everything and install it once in case I needed it in the future.
(#6307)
Old

Default 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM

G5_ISO_17.hex

is this the newest firmware for 2013
(#6308)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-06-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwich
I'm about to install my G5 ISO. I have all the wires for CPS, SLD & NLS. I am mostly stock with exhaust and intake right now, but I am probably looking at Meth and/or *** soon. My question is there any benefit/drawback to installing the CPS wire. I figured it was better to have everything and install it once in case I needed it in the future.
Yes, especially if you are using low octane fuel such as 91. You're also going to want to hold off on the using that NLS until you have ***...other wise your likely to ruin your stock ***.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6309)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi
Default 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Yes, especially if you are using low octane fuel such as 91. You're also going to want to hold off on the using that NLS until you have ***...other wise your likely to ruin your stock ***.
Thanks! I always use 94 octane, but I will hook up the CPS since I'll be in there. As for the NLS I thought it has hard on your cats if you use the 2-Step limiter, not the NLS so much.
(#6310)
Old

Default 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM

or where can I find the newest firmware updates
(#6311)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 03-06-2013, 12:44 PM

Under Forced Induction section. End of first post.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#6312)
Old
GRZ 21

Car: BMW 335 CI 2010
Send a message via Skype™ to grojas
Default 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM

Hi,
I need to download the 8/21 firmware for a 1M.
Where can i Found it ?
(#6313)
Old

Car: 335i 2008 AT
Default 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM

Went ISO today and it's Naajs, v. Nice! Smoooth as silk.
(#6314)
Old
GRZ 21

Car: BMW 335 CI 2010
Send a message via Skype™ to grojas
Default 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM

I wull do. tks
(#6315)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-06-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grojas
Hi,
I need to download the 8/21 firmware for a 1M.
Where can i Found it ?
What tune are you running?

Your profile says JB3, you're asking for JB4 g4 firmware, and you're in a g5 thread

If you're running g4...you can find the firmware at the end of the first post in this thread

(#6316)
Old

Car: 135 I N54
Default 03-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Hi boys, I'm running G5 ISO with meth (coolingmist system X) on map3. Do I have to set FUB 1, "enable meth pump algorithm on all maps"???

135I - 6 MT -JB4 G5 ISO Map 3 - BB Race Flash - Riss Rasing ******* ** - AFE CAIs - BMS SDL - 93 Octanes - Sistem X wather meth - SPEC 2+ - RB Twins!!
(#6317)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-09-2013, 08:13 PM

Nope.

Burger Motorsports

(#6318)
Old

Car: 135 I N54
Default 03-09-2013, 08:21 PM

Thanks Terry

135I - 6 MT -JB4 G5 ISO Map 3 - BB Race Flash - Riss Rasing ******* ** - AFE CAIs - BMS SDL - 93 Octanes - Sistem X wather meth - SPEC 2+ - RB Twins!!
(#6319)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to cleancutx
Default 03-15-2013, 07:32 PM

Just so I could rest easy,

Does it matter if I cut the other side of the diodes instead, unlike the picture?

2002 VW GTI 1.8T (missed)
2008 Mazda MazdaSpeed3 2.3T (missed)
2007 BMW E92 335i 3.0TT (current)

6MT | ACT | VTT | BMS | MMP | MHD | Active Autowerke | VRSF | ETS | TiAL | 'BigTom' | Fuel-It
(#6320)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleancutx
Just so I could rest easy,

Does it matter if I cut the other side of the diodes instead, unlike the picture?
You can cut either diode leg.... or both if you want to totally remove the diodes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#6321)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM

I think you are better off taking them out so you don't have an accidental contact & short something out

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#6322)
Old

Car: AW135/E30M3 Junglegym
Default 03-16-2013, 05:34 AM

I went to 17 and I notice a big improvement on the part throttle driving. It is much smoother!!
(#6323)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Agree, its the pick of the litter so far.

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#6324)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2013, 10:56 AM

Yes I think ISO17 is pretty close to being the first ISO firmware out of BETA. There is just one little bug I've noticed. On rare occasion when the DME wakes up (when you are outside the car) I've heard the wastegates move. And they shouldn't. Has anyone noticed this? If so drop me a note as I have a patch I want you to try.

Burger Motorsports

(#6325)
Old
E90post reject

Car: Overpriced Econo Box
Default 03-16-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes I think ISO17 is pretty close to being the first ISO firmware out of BETA. There is just one little bug I've noticed. On rare occasion when the DME wakes up (when you are outside the car) I've heard the wastegates move. And they shouldn't. Has anyone noticed this? If so drop me a note as I have a patch I want you to try.
You must have some super hearing.

My friend died doin what He loved,Heroin.