N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 535i 6spd
Default BMS Charge Pipe Install in E60 with Dynamic Drive - 09-20-2019, 04:19 AM

So I got a BMS charge pipe with Tial BOV but the dynamic drive fluid reservoir on my E60 seems to be in the way. Anyone have any suggestion on how I can get this installed? Why is the dynamic drive reservoir so much larger? Can I swap out a standard reservoir? If not my only other option is to relocate it. I could possibly move it over towards the engine on the other side of charge pipe.

Dayton, Ohio
2008 E60 535i 6speed Sport Suspension
JB4, MHD BEF, DCI, D0wnp1pes, 7" VRSF FMIC, CP and BOV, H20/Meth Injection, OCC
(#2)
Old

Car: 2003 Forester
Default 09-23-2019, 04:35 AM

You sure it will work with the smaller reservoir? Chargepipes usually need to be E60 specific. I know my BMS chargepipe wouldn't fit without some major surgery so I sold it and went with Evolution Racewerks.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-23-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatupVR4
You sure it will work with the smaller reservoir? Chargepipes usually need to be E60 specific. I know my BMS chargepipe wouldn't fit without some major surgery so I sold it and went with Evolution Racewerks.

After sucking the fluid out of the reservoir I found out there is some sort of valve system in it so swapping the smaller reservoir is out of question. I am currently working on a relocation bracket that mounts the reservoir about 3 inches forward and 1 inch outward. I will post pictures when it is completed!

Dayton, Ohio
(#4)
Old

Car: 08 E60 535i
Default 10-02-2019, 06:49 AM

Hi. I'm new the the group and am now curious about the charge pipe install. Was going to order the BMS CP with Tial BOV today however concerned it may not fit an 08 535i. Only 535i E60 specific pipe listed on the BMS CP page is for one using OEM diverter valves. But the one with a tial BV is a dropdown screen option.

Anyone know if it'll fit?

This may be the wrong place in the forum to ask but figured since you've got one too you'd know.

Thanks much!

JB4, BMS DCI and trying to buy more goodies once I know it's the correct size
(#5)
Old

Default 10-02-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbelstad
Hi. I'm new the the group and am now curious about the charge pipe install. Was going to order the BMS CP with Tial BOV today however concerned it may not fit an 08 535i. Only 535i E60 specific pipe listed on the BMS CP page is for one using OEM diverter valves. But the one with a tial BV is a dropdown screen option.

Anyone know if it'll fit?

This may be the wrong place in the forum to ask but figured since you've got one too you'd know.

Thanks much!

JB4, BMS DCI and trying to buy more goodies once I know it's the correct size

I just got my BMS pipe and tial BOV install finished last night! I had to move the power steering reservoir about 3 inches forward and 2 inches outward. I made a simple bracket with 1/8" steel plate. Still a tight fit but it is working. I attached the cardboard template I made it with for an idea.
Attached Images

Dayton, Ohio
(#6)
Old

Thumbs up 10-02-2019, 05:37 PM

@ tks535i. Your the man. Knowing this info now, I'll machine a simple aluminum plate tomorrow and order the CP and BOV from Burger tonight.

Before I forget. Hows the Tial BOV and BMS CP working Vs. the OEM DV's and CP? Feel any diff? Did you use the original CP o-ring or does the new combo come with a +1 ring?

As far as the relocate goes, I'll upload finished pics so you can see your handy work spread to the masses! Surprised no one makes a simple plate to move the reservoir knowing it wont fit with it in the way. Oh well. It'll be nice to make my first part for the car instead of buying one. It'll give me breathing room with my wife when I say "I didn't spend a dime, made it myself" lol.

Once I get the CP/BOV on, I need to log some 3rd gear pulls. Everything feels good/borderline great at this point but..... I hear boost bleeding at about 11-12 PSI when accelerating coming out of my diverter valves (I did the $3 diverter mod so I can hear them vent to atmosphere). Everything else I can touch has been tested or replaced so should have a better boost to target ratio once this work is done. I'll post a log before and after to see if I should make tuning changes as I'm new and not sure what adjustments to start with. I'd say I have a general idea but that's how things get worse haha.

Thanks again!!
(#7)
Old

Default 10-03-2019, 04:08 AM

I didnt notice a difference but my DVs didnt leak like yours. I went with CP and BOV so I can install WMI.

Couple more things you should know about the relocation. I had to trim the original reservoir bracket, I bent in a support on the strut tower with a hammer, I removed and replaced one hose clamp on the reservoir, and I cut off a portion of the heater core hose support bracket that is located under the charge pipe near the front of car. Also I have installed a FMIC with piping from turbo outlets to CP and I think the BMS CP inlet is a little lower than factory so without the adjustable piping you might have issues getting the hoses to line up.

Dayton, Ohio
(#8)
Old

Default 10-03-2019, 06:21 AM

Thanks tks535I! Very much appreciated. Hate to have to change the intercooler outlet piping but was planning on upgrading to a more dependable and efficient intercooler anyways so I'll prob do this.

Hayden, Idaho

* 08' 535I.
* JB4 W/ Bluetooth Connect.
* Billy Boat 535I 3.5" *** back exhaust W/ resonator delete.
* BMS DCI.
* BMS Al PCV (Worth every one of the 4,000 pennies!!)

[/SIGPIC]
(#9)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M-sport
Default 10-04-2019, 02:21 PM

+1 for Evolution Raceworks 535i N54 ********

ER CP, ER IC, VRSF ***, RB inlets, Forge DV, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, RB PCV, COBB Stg 2+ Agg, staggered 19" M6 wheels type 167
(#10)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-06-2019, 07:58 AM

I also used to run the IER charge pipe with no issues. My reservoir was not in the way, I did move the reservoir forward to hang off just the front most bolt on the original mounting bracket and that was enough room.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold