N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 08-18-2017, 10:11 AM

Does anyone even reply to these posts?

08 335I JB4, Vargas Stage 2 Hybrids, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, AFE Down, Beluga exhaust , Injen Intake, BMS Meth Inj, BMS OCC, BMS short throw, BMS PCV, VRSF intercooler
(#277)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2017, 10:58 AM

Sometimes. But the first post has the suggested starting settings....

For meth start with a 50 additive and evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#278)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-18-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sometimes. But the first post has the suggested starting settings....

For meth start with a 50 additive and evaluate it.
Hey Terry,
So Im putting on stage 1 pure turbos, with inlets and outlets on soon. I'm already FBO with a JB4/MHD stage 2+ tune PUMP. So once I put these in I should be good to change the setting to whats on the first post even if I'm only running 93 oct? I'm going to get a custom tune eventually but id like to test them out.
(#279)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-18-2017, 12:49 PM

I'd leave everything the same and evaluate it. Stage1 turbos are not much different than stock.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#280)
Old

Default 08-18-2017, 12:57 PM

After I installed the new turbos, I updated the JB4 to the newest version, and I KNOW I didn't change the duty bias's to Zero first. I have 30FE codes. Can I re-install the latest version to remedy the situation?

08 335I JB4, Vargas Stage 2 Hybrids, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, AFE Down, Beluga exhaust , Injen Intake, BMS Meth Inj, BMS OCC, BMS short throw, BMS PCV, VRSF intercooler
(#281)
Old

Default 08-18-2017, 01:12 PM

thank you!

(#282)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2017, 06:24 PM

Just fix the settings including FUD.

Burger Motorsports

(#283)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 08-20-2017, 07:34 PM

I'm running jb4 with mhd backend flash and I was wondering if I can run the hybrid turbo map. I'm fbo and full e85 with vtt stage 1 turbos with the billet wheel upgrade with vrsf inlets

Last edited by meanbmw; 08-20-2017 at 08:00 PM..
(#284)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2017, 07:57 AM

Sure but you might be better off with the normal map on stage 1 turbos which are very close to stock. Try both!

Burger Motorsports

(#285)
Old

Default 08-21-2017, 03:55 PM

Before your reply, I set all the duty Bias to 50. The traction 3rd to 0. I reinstalled the JB4 update. I then set the duty bias to the recommended settings for "larger" turbos as seen on the first page. I hope this was the correct way to remedy the situation. Also, forgive me, but I don't know what FUD stands for. I'm new to Jb4 programing. Thanks.

(#286)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2017, 03:59 PM

FutureUseD "disable RPM FF gain" is required for the hybrid duty bias settings to work right... It's also shown in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#287)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-21-2017, 05:04 PM

Hello Terry I have recently installed a stage 1 hybrid turbo. I can not use E85 fuel because I live in Japan. The kit kit is installed. MHD race flash also use.
Is it OK to start working from the default setting posted on the first page of this thread? Is it OK to set the fuel bias even when using MHD? Thanks in advance.

BMW 2007 E90 335i
JB4 G5 IOS MHD race flash MMP High flow aluminum intake MMP Hot side inlet Down pipe Outside intercooler Twin oil cooler cp-e charge pipe BMS meth kit turbo lab stage 1 turbo CSF radiator fuel-it stage 1 pump
(#288)
Old

Default 08-23-2017, 07:28 AM

Thank you Terry. With my Stage 2 Hybrid turbos, what spring should I be running in my Tial BOV? It came with a stiff one. Tony said I should be using the "black" spring, which is a lot softer. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks for all your help.

(#289)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2017, 07:40 AM

Doesn't really matter... 10# is fine. I run that at 32psi on larger single turbos too.

Burger Motorsports

(#290)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 08-25-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan296
Thank you Terry. With my Stage 2 Hybrid turbos, what spring should I be running in my Tial BOV? It came with a stiff one. Tony said I should be using the "black" spring, which is a lot softer. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks for all your help.
I run the black spring. I wouldnt worry about large ball bearing turbos. For large journal.bearing turbos im.not sure if it matters. However, for small jb turbos i definitely would run the black.spring to eliminate surge.
(#291)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335 (E90)
Default Appropriate Flash - 08-29-2017, 07:49 PM

Hey there, I am using the pump gas flash and running about 20% E85. I'm also using values very close to those in the sticky. I am seeing timing fall out, which I would have thought the E85 would mitigate. If I were to run straight 93 would the timing come back into appropriate ranges, or should I switch to race and up the E85 percentage? There's not a ton of obvious if/then kind of tuning decision trees/troubleshooting guides I've seen. If there is something out there, can you direct me to it? I posted logs in the help section, but waiting for replies is a lot slower than researching if you know where to look...
(#292)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2017, 09:04 PM

Log of it?

Burger Motorsports

(#293)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335 (E90)
Default 08-29-2017, 11:16 PM

I know that this thread isn't for log review, but here they are. I'm really looking to get more specific advice in general on the parameters that should dictate the flash to run and where to find a good how-to that would provide info on what variables to adjust to attain what effect (i.e. given that my trims are maxed out and my timing is falling off, I should consider switching to the race flash if I'm going to run any E85 at all, or run straight pump gas if I'm going to use the pump flash because it squirts less fluid so using an E85 blend would result in ECU compensation by maxing out trims to send more fuel - I'm making that part up based on assumptions, but generally have little idea of what I'm talking about...).
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-08-26 11_30_26.csv (13.2 KB, 144 views)
File Type: csv 2017-08-26 11_28_57.csv (12.9 KB, 147 views)
(#294)
Old

Default 08-30-2017, 11:52 AM

is there a hybrid steering wheel control guide? I am familiar with the stock turbo guide, and the changes a stock turbo backend flash makes, and found this in the single turbo sticky.

JB4 Single Turbo Map Guide:

Map 0: Disables JB4. Required for any flashing or OBDII diagnostics.
Map 1: Wastegate spring, throttle closure over 17psi (also safety map)
Map 2: 17psi
Map 3: 20psi
Map 4: 23psi
Map 5: 26psi (31psi with 4bar TMAP)
Map 6: User definable map
Map 7: 28psi (33psi with 4bar TMAP)
Map 8: Progressive WMI map with integrated safety adjustable from 17psi to 33psi
(#295)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 08-30-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iam
is there a hybrid steering wheel control guide? I am familiar with the stock turbo guide, and the changes a stock turbo backend flash makes, and found this in the single turbo sticky.

JB4 Single Turbo Map Guide:

Map 0: Disables JB4. Required for any flashing or OBDII diagnostics.
Map 1: Wastegate spring, throttle closure over 17psi (also safety map)
Map 2: 17psi
Map 3: 20psi
Map 4: 23psi
Map 5: 26psi (31psi with 4bar TMAP)
Map 6: User definable map
Map 7: 28psi (33psi with 4bar TMAP)
Map 8: Progressive WMI map with integrated safety adjustable from 17psi to 33psi
Firmware doesnt change. Its the same maps as stock turbos
(#296)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E-92 6AT
Default 09-11-2017, 05:50 AM

Fuel Bias should be set to 50 to start off even if not using Port Injection or should only be set to 50 if using Port Injection?

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 25psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF D-Ps / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / WEDGE MHD E50 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / PR STAGE3 LPFP 10.92 @ 132 1.72 60ft 6.96 @ 103 1.55 60ft
(#297)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 09-11-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazRedGT
Fuel Bias should be set to 50 to start off even if not using Port Injection or should only be set to 50 if using Port Injection?
As far as I'm aware fuel bias is zero unless you are using PI, then the recommended default is 50 accross the board...and then adjusted as required.

VTT Stage 2+ turbos, BMS JB4, EOS PI with BMS controller, RB Inlets and Outlets, VRSF CP and Intercooler. Tial bov, miltek exhaust. Tuned by Trebila. Bimmer Life coils, step 2 colder plugs, Full M3 rear end conversion.
11.04@129.55
(#298)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 06:29 AM

Right on. First post shows the screenshot with them at 50. A little confusing.

2007 AW 335i E-92 6AT MMP Stage 3 @ 25psi / JB4 G5 ISO / XHP STG3 / VRSF D-Ps / MMP INLETS&OUTLETS / WEDGE MHD E50 BACKEND / CW EXHAUST / CPe CP / GReddy RS BOV / BMS METH KIT / WAGNER IC / PR STAGE3 LPFP 10.92 @ 132 1.72 60ft 6.96 @ 103 1.55 60ft
(#299)
Old

Car: BMW 335I Xdrive
Default 09-11-2017, 06:51 AM

Fuel bias should be 50 for hybrid turbos and N20 TMAP sensor.

2010 E92 335iX, JB4 G5 ISO, MHD RACE BEF, N20 TMAP SENSOR, VTT GC Lites, VTT Inlets Outlets, BMS DCI, VRSF c.a.t_less D.P., VRSF 7.5" Race FMIC, VRSF Charge Pipe with tial BOV, BMS Meth Kit, BMS OCC, Boost Concept Stage 2 LPFP., 335iS Clutch, MFactory Single Mass Flywheel, CFS High Performance Aluminum Radiator, N55 exhaust.
(#300)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 07:04 AM

Oh man im so confused