N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default Seeking Guidance on Fuel Issues and Codes - 10-11-2020, 09:57 PM

Just got dyno'd. Did one run on map 4 and another on map 5. Half way through my run on map 5 the car choked, threw some codes, and the engine light came on, so we stopped. I'm bummed that I didn't get complete numbers on map 5. Unfortunately my JB4 had disconnected and wasn't logging. I'll get some logs posted up tomorrow.
  • 29F2 High Pressure Pump / Open Loop Set Too High
  • 29E2 Fuel injection rail, pressure sensor signal

Recently, I tested out an e30 mix and experienced a misfire, so I replaced the plugs (they were about a year old) and have stuck with 91 since. I do want to run an e30 mix eventually, but because of the misfire and the codes I'm hesitant.

For the 29F2, Dave at BMS had previously suggested to bump up my FOL to 90, so I did, but I think I'll bring it back down after this. The 29E2 seems to point to a fuel pump issue, or possibly the same FOL setting being too high according to some other posts I've seen?

The other code in the screenshot has popped up a couple of times too, but was already there prior to the dyno run.
Attached Images

2008 535xi
JB4 w/Connect Kit BMS BEF 7.5 Stepped Competition HD FMIC Dual Cone Intake NGK 2 Step Colder Spark Plugs New OEM Turbos
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi single turbo
Default 10-22-2020, 07:12 PM

I just recently was getting the 29E2 code. I fixed it by changing out the HPFR sensor. Weirdly enough I had to do this same repair 5 months back. Crap sensors perhaps? Hope this helps with at least one of your codes!