JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2022 M340i Xdrive
Default New to BMW and JB4 - 12-31-2021, 10:45 AM

Hello all,

I bought my first BMW and have never tuned a car before so I am looking for a little help.

First: How do I add my JB4 logs to this post? I am doing this from my phone so maybe it isnít possible from the phone.

Second: I am using 93 octane and map 3. Nothing seems out of the ordinary when driving it hard but I am not an expert so I am sure that is what the logs are for. The question is will changing the spark plugs to the set that Burger sells have any negative affects if I donít need them?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

2022 BMW M340i Xdrive
Logos Engineering High flow DP
13mm Burger Spacers all around
JB4
AC Schnitzer lowering springs
(#2)
Old

Default 12-31-2021, 10:53 AM

So I finally figured out how to get a couple of them on here I think. The other 2 were to large so I will need to keep the logs smaller for future posts.

Hopefully there is some usable data in the two I am attempting to post.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_211220_1802.csv (337.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: csv P58_M0_R1_211212_1350.csv (385.0 KB, 59 views)

2022 BMW M340i Xdrive
JB4
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: Evo VIII
Default 12-31-2021, 12:30 PM

Quite a bit of timing corrections coming out of map 3. I would recommend to upload a log in map 1. The NGK Laser Iridiums gapped down will help with the timing corrections as you continue to add more boost from stock.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 12-31-2021, 05:53 PM

Thank you for the feedback. Going to go put tomorrow and will upload my logs from Map 1. I appreciate how quickly you guys respond.

2022 BMW M340i Xdrive
JB4
(#5)
Old

Default Been a while - 04-02-2022, 11:12 AM

Here are couple of Map 1 logs for analysis. I sure wish I knew how to read these things. Let me know how they look when you get time. Thanks a bunch!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M1_R9_220302_1105.csv (364.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv P58_M1_R1_220121_1116.csv (302.8 KB, 28 views)

2022 BMW M340i Xdrive
JB4
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-04-2022, 02:28 PM

Logs look great!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 04-08-2022, 04:16 PM

Thank you. Does this mean I should move up to map 2? I did order the NGK Laser Iridiums because I would like to be able to run Map 3 eventually. Is the gap down a standard gap or is it based on the amount of timing correction?

2022 BMW M340i Xdrive
JB4
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-11-2022, 10:34 AM

Looks like you were already running map 2. You're likely going to need more octane for map 3 as it's not as clean.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Default 04-12-2022, 12:13 PM

I thought the “M1” in the title of the log meant it was a Map 1 log? If not then how can you tell what map the log is from?

I am using 95 octane gas her in Germany so I am not sure I can get any more octane. Will the lower gapped spark plugs make a difference in Map 3?

By the way, before buying the JB4 I read a lot of posts on different forums about how people didn’t think the JB4 was working that well on the new B58s.I was hesitant at first but glad I bought it. I am not sure what experience they had but I am very pleased with the responsiveness and extra power of the JB4. I wish I could get this thing to a dyno to see the HP/TQ gains because my dragy times improved significantly. I also appreciate the support you guys provide on these forums and since we are unable to chip tune this best option with a great price. You guys are awesome!

2022 BMW M340i Xdrive
JB4
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-28-2022, 01:13 PM

Hi! Generally the files "title" starts with displaying the map that the log was stared in. So if a log was started in map 1 but then was switched to map 2 mid log, the title of the file will maintain "M1". Please fell free to let us know if you have any more questions!

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: 2021 M440i xDrive
Default 06-03-2022, 07:41 PM

out of curiosity will the jb4 still take logs in map 0?