JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default F Series 235, 335, & 435 E85/450 LPFP upgrade...need your help - 04-23-2014, 07:10 PM

Hey all,

So I have rebuilt a stock F series LPFP and upgraded it with a E85 compatible Walbro 450 pump and new fuel lines.

But I can only bench test it, and need somebody that is looking to upgrade to contact me and see if we can work something out for you to verifying all is good.

On the bench it tested at:

Volts = 13.5
Amps = 21
Flows = .95GPM
Pressure = 80psi

I don't know what a stock one flows at...guessing about .6GPM on my bench but will have a new one here on Monday.

The second part to this is that I am ordering a new F-series fuel ring to make a ring removal tool, but I also need somebody to take pictures of their current ring installed so I can see if there is any obstructions I need to keep in mind.

If somebody will do that for me and help me out, I'll send you a free ring removal tool when they're done.

Thanks,
Steve

And here's some pics of the newly rebuilt pump assembly.
Name:  f1.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  184.0 KB
Name:  F2.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  162.9 KB
Name:  f3.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  164.5 KB
Name:  f4.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  176.5 KB

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 04-23-2014 at 07:17 PM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2014, 08:37 PM

Nobody?

Come on...somebody can pull the back seat and take the lid off to take a picture of the fuel ring.

Looks like on the F-series it's just 5 (guessing 10mm Nuts) on the passenger side. Remove the lid and snap a couple pics. Muy bien!

Don't make me take a salesman on a test drive and have to give him some weird excuse about being allergic to cheerios or something and that I need to inspect under the seats.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 04-24-2014, 11:33 PM

I just saw this thread I PM'd you a few weeks ago about your kits working on the f30. Glad to see you found a possible solution I'll get you some pictures this weekend on my day off.
(#4)
Old

Car: 14' 435i
Default 04-25-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Don't make me take a salesman on a test drive and have to give him some weird excuse about being allergic to cheerios or something and that I need to inspect under the seats.
That would be so funny...if you do it set up some video cameras.

14' 435i. M-Sport, JB4 Stage 2, BMS Intake, more to come
(#5)
Old

Default 04-25-2014, 03:35 AM

If I get a break this weekend I get some pictures for you

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2014, 01:23 PM

Thanks guys...feel free to post them in this thread.

Much appreciated!

(#7)
Old

Default 04-27-2014, 10:01 AM

Steve, sorry bro. I am slammed this weekend with work. So it might be until next weekend beforehand I can do anything..not complaining though cause work has been slow up to now...damn tax time

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2014, 11:40 AM

No worries....appreciate you keeping me in mind

(#9)
Old

Default 04-27-2014, 07:09 PM

Hey Steve I had some time today to get to the fuel pump it was a bit dark hopefully the crappy iPhone pictures are helpful. Getting to the pump was not difficult at all the lid covering the assembly only has five 10mm plastic bolts.

(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2014, 07:18 PM

Perfect....thanks so much!

Would you say there is at least an 1/8" gap under the tabs of the lock ring?

Looks like there is.

Thanks again,

We'll get right on this!

(#11)
Old

Default 04-27-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Perfect....thanks so much!

Would you say there is at least an 1/8" gap under the tabs of the lock ring?

Looks like there is.

Thanks again,

We'll get right on this!
No problem!
Yeah I'm id say there is at least that much gap under the tabs. Put me on the list I'm even willing to be the guinea pig lol
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-29-2014, 06:10 PM

Thanks, I've ordered the ring and should have something soon.

I also received the new stock BMW LPFP assembly I ordered and will be flow testing it tomorrow to see how it performs in relation to the upgraded pump assembly. So more to come on that later this week

Thanks again,
Steve

(#13)
Old

Car: 2012 335i f30 n55
Default 05-01-2014, 07:17 AM

Hey steve any update on the inline fuel pump for the f30?
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miken5512
Hey steve any update on the inline fuel pump for the f30?
I will NOT be offering an inline upgrade for these.

I AM offering a upgraded bucket with new lines and a Walbro 450 E85 certified pump. However, I need someone to do the beta testing before the full release.

If you are interested, please contact me for details.

(#15)
Old

Default 05-04-2014, 06:35 PM

PM'd
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2014, 08:02 PM

PM'd ya back

(#17)
Old

Default Upgraded pump? - 05-08-2014, 06:01 AM

Steve are you coming out with any type of upgraded fuel pump for the f30?
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2014, 12:00 PM

It's pictured in the OP....that bucket is upgraded with a Walbro 450 pump in it.

(#19)
Old

Default N55 f30 kit - 05-10-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
It's pictured in the OP....that bucket is upgraded with a Walbro 450 pump in it.
Steve can you pm me price for the kit
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2014, 06:48 PM

Not sure if it was you that emailed me today but here is what I'm going to do.

This first one that goes out, sells for $250 + shipping because it's a beta unit. I want that customer to run it for a couple weeks and make sure all is good. After that point they need to send me back their stock unit. If they want to keep both units indefinitely it'll be an additional $300 for the core as that's what it costs me to replace it with another.

Then I will release them to everybody else and they will be $400 + core and include the ring tool.

As of right now the ring tool is still under development and hope to have a prototype this next week. Sorry for the delay but my welder has been busy and we are now working with a company to waterjet the pieces for all my ring tools.

Thanks,
Steve

(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2014, 05:25 PM

A quick update:

The beta pump has now shipped and is no longer available.

I have another pump to upgrade...but will be holding off for a couple weeks to verify I don't need to make any changes.

The order for the ring removal tool components has been placed and we're trying to work these in to that order as well. Otherwise we'll fabricate them by hand for the first round.

Thanks,
Steve

(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2014, 02:24 AM

Prototypes are done...2 will go out for testing.

All the new ring tools will be cut with a waterjet

Name:  F-series.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  62.4 KB

Add1ct...PM me your address and I'll send ya a proto to test.

(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM

Hey Steve, I have a beta tester down here if you can send me one. Let me know the price and what you need.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2014, 11:30 PM

PM'd

(#25)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 07-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Hey Steve, I have an F30 328i will my car benefit from this upgrade in terms of performance on pump gas ? please put in mind i don't use E85 or meth yet.

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..