N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#901)
Old
toxicxk23 toxicxk23 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2020
Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 12-28-2020, 12:19 PM

I have a bone stock 2018 S4 and always fill up 91 (convenient and no 93 near me). Can I safely run map2 or map3? I am gonna slowly upgrade parts starting with the IC and intake but looking like staying stock for a while. JB4 still worth it?
Reply With Quote
(#902)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-28-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicxk23
I have a bone stock 2018 S4 and always fill up 91 (convenient and no 93 near me). Can I safely run map2 or map3? I am gonna slowly upgrade parts starting with the IC and intake but looking like staying stock for a while. JB4 still worth it?
Map 2 is fine for 91. In winter months most cars that send in logs look good in map 3 as well but not for summer. For map 3 you will need to log it though just so we can be sure all is good.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#903)
Old
toxicxk23 toxicxk23 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2020
Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 12-28-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Map 2 is fine for 91. In winter months most cars that send in logs look good in map 3 as well but not for summer. For map 3 you will need to log it though just so we can be sure all is good.
Thanks for the quick response, George! This is all new to me so sorry for the seemingly basic questions. I see your name referenced all of the time so I'm glad I got an answer from you!

I live in San Diego so the mornings right now are pretty "chilly" 50-60ish but my mid day it warms back up. Would I have to constantly take logs and adjust my map year round?
Reply With Quote
(#904)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-28-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicxk23
Thanks for the quick response, George! This is all new to me so sorry for the seemingly basic questions. I see your name referenced all of the time so I'm glad I got an answer from you!

I live in San Diego so the mornings right now are pretty "chilly" 50-60ish but my mid day it warms back up. Would I have to constantly take logs and adjust my map year round?
For warmer CA climate I would stick with map 2.
If you do have E85 available and you want more power you can always run a mix and get significantly more power.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#905)
Old
nicotino15 nicotino15 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2017
Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 01-04-2021, 07:35 AM

Hey George - can you confirm what the correct pin is for an E85 sensor connection? I tried pin 14, but that doesn't seem to be working.

I also have meth setup with FSB FYI, but I thought I remember there being a new pin option with a later update.

Also, will I use the e85 gauge once it is setup?
Reply With Quote
(#906)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 01-04-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
Hey George - can you confirm what the correct pin is for an E85 sensor connection? I tried pin 14, but that doesn't seem to be working.

I also have meth setup with FSB FYI, but I thought I remember there being a new pin option with a later update.

Also, will I use the e85 gauge once it is setup?
I happened to email you now as well. Sender needs to be 0-5V. Try set bit 1 to on in ethanol setup.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#907)
Old
DaveAudiRichmond DaveAudiRichmond is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2021
Car: 2020 Audi S4
Default Issues with JB4 App - 01-11-2021, 03:20 PM

Trying to find out while my phone JB4 App isnt registering any MPH, PSI, or any of a lot of other data. Not logging it and its not moving and showing 0 on the gauges. Can any one help?

Another questions I have is anyone having this issue...
I recently purchased the JB4 group 7 ( App Build 2.4.6 (9432) Firmware version (76/7//7) during install I completely disconnected the battery after waiting for the sleep mode and finished my install. The issues I am having is on Map 1, 2, & 3 while driving on the highway cruising at about 70-75 with a RPM of 2,000 the vehicle seems to be depressurizing or something almost a stutter throwing air almost back through my intake. I am trying to see who all else is having an issue like this. Once I put it on Map 0 it completely stops. It only does this while coasting at the 2,000 RPM.
Reply With Quote
(#908)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 01-11-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAudiRichmond
Trying to find out while my phone JB4 App isnt registering any MPH, PSI, or any of a lot of other data. Not logging it and its not moving and showing 0 on the gauges. Can any one help?

Another questions I have is anyone having this issue...
I recently purchased the JB4 group 7 ( App Build 2.4.6 (9432) Firmware version (76/7//7) during install I completely disconnected the battery after waiting for the sleep mode and finished my install. The issues I am having is on Map 1, 2, & 3 while driving on the highway cruising at about 70-75 with a RPM of 2,000 the vehicle seems to be depressurizing or something almost a stutter throwing air almost back through my intake. I am trying to see who all else is having an issue like this. Once I put it on Map 0 it completely stops. It only does this while coasting at the 2,000 RPM.

Not all parameters in the logging is supported with this model. Do you see rpm and AFR moving whilst connected to it at idle?


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#909)
Old
DaveAudiRichmond DaveAudiRichmond is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2021
Car: 2020 Audi S4
Default 01-11-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Not all parameters in the logging is supported with this model. Do you see rpm and AFR moving whilst connected to it at idle?
No none of that moves at Idle
Reply With Quote
(#910)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 01-11-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAudiRichmond
No none of that moves at Idle
Ok. Sent you a picture to check the small end of the OBD connection via email.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#911)
Old
vitipr vitipr is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2021
Car: Audi SQ5 2021
Default 01-16-2021, 01:51 PM

Hi guys, I just connected the jb4 w Bluetooth in my sq52021, my app wont connect to the jb4 it says error please check hardware. But we double check everything and it seems fine. However, I dont see the Bluetooth hardware light on nor the car will start. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
(#912)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 01-16-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitipr
Hi guys, I just connected the jb4 w Bluetooth in my sq52021, my app wont connect to the jb4 it says error please check hardware. But we double check everything and it seems fine. However, I dont see the Bluetooth hardware light on nor the car will start. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Try reverse the install and only leave the two boost sensors connected or even just the tmap connector, its the one with the coloured wires. Lock the car for a while and get back in with ignition on see if it will let you connected. You might have emailed me, if so continue there. If not george@burgertuning.com to trouble shoot quicker.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#913)
Old
toxicxk23 toxicxk23 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2020
Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 01-18-2021, 09:23 PM

Just got my JB4 installed today and did some pulls on map 2 for logs. Currently bone stock and on 91. Does anyone have a guide on reading logs? First time I've ever pulled performance logs on a car and I'm am very interested in learning more about the numbers. I did send George my log for his expert advice. Might need to do more though because after looking at others, I don't think I collected enough data or had the right conditions.
Reply With Quote
(#914)
Old
vitipr vitipr is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2021
Car: Audi SQ5 2021
Default 01-29-2021, 09:06 AM

Just wanted to give George a special thanks for helping me figuring out the jb4 connection issues with my sq5 21'. After some emails and trials/logs, the sq5 is running perfect with Map 3, no issues or engine codes. Definitely pulls much harder! Thanks George.
Reply With Quote
(#915)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 01-29-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitipr
Just wanted to give George a special thanks for helping me figuring out the jb4 connection issues with my sq5 21'. After some emails and trials/logs, the sq5 is running perfect with Map 3, no issues or engine codes. Definitely pulls much harder! Thanks George.
Happy its sorted. Luckily our @Payam has a sharper eye than me and spotted the issue.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#916)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 445
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-04-2021, 08:43 AM

George - What model JB4 do I need for a 2021 S4 ?


2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ DO7s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS Catted FDP (Pending)
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
Reply With Quote
(#917)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-04-2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
George - What model JB4 do I need for a 2021 S4 ?
The Group 7 found here: https://burgertuning.com/collections...audi-s4-s5-sq5


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#918)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 445
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-04-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Thank you - looks like I may be jumping from Infiniti to Audi and want to make sure I understand what BMS has for the '21 S4.

Aside from the JB4 - what are the logical next bolt on items for this platform?


2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ DO7s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS Catted FDP (Pending)
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
Reply With Quote
(#919)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-04-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Thank you - looks like I may be jumping from Infiniti to Audi and want to make sure I understand what BMS has for the '21 S4.

Aside from the JB4 - what are the logical next bolt on items for this platform?
The intercooler is the weakest link so that is the first step in hardware.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#920)
Old
B9S4Chris B9S4Chris is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2019
Car: b9 s4
Default 02-06-2021, 11:01 AM

Hello,
My jb4 sets off the alarm when trying to remote lock my 2019 S4. I’ve narrowed it down to the obd2 plug, when I unplug that it works fine.
Also what’s the newest firmware, I haven’t upgraded in maybe 6 months?
Thanks


B9 S4 Jb4 Map 6 12.096 1/4
Reply With Quote
(#921)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,406
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-06-2021, 11:30 AM

The BETA version is the most current. If you not running meth its not needed.
Have looked at the locking issue and only one person I think has the issue also Chris. If its you drop me email and we can see if we can leave the OBD dormant and let it be boost activated.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
Reply With Quote
(#922)
Old
B9S4Chris B9S4Chris is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Oct 2019
Car: b9 s4
Default 02-06-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
The BETA version is the most current. If you not running meth its not needed.
Have looked at the locking issue and only one person I think has the issue also Chris. If its you drop me email and we can see if we can leave the OBD dormant and let it be boost activated.
Hello,
It was probably me that emailed you from Canada my email is csxxxxxxxx98
@gmail.com.
If we remove the obd2 will it be less refined/powerful, if so its not an issue for me to not have the Audi app lock/unlock feature work I dont care.
Just posting the issue to bring awareness to other people if they have that issue and if we can fix it in the future


B9 S4 Jb4 Map 6 12.096 1/4
Reply With Quote
(#923)
Old
Jetta03 Jetta03 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2021
Car: 2019 Audi S4
Default 02-06-2021, 05:27 PM

Hey, glad to be receiving a JB4 rev2 for my 2019 S4 shortly and I've been reading carefully through almost 40 pages of this awesome forum soaking up all the information I can. The car is bone stock for now and will be using 94 aki octane fuel. My read on the initial map selection is 3/4 with 3 being the default choice and 4 possible with log confirmation so I'm looking forward to giving it a try. With the cold snap we're forecast to see -45C temperatures where I am this weekend, I wonder what map is possible at that temp

Question, do most here connect both the fuel and bcm plugs for such a basic setup? Any reason one would not want to connect them?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
(#924)
Old
jrobohm's Avatar
jrobohm jrobohm is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 445
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-07-2021, 08:41 AM

Related comment here: -45C is a bit brisk. Before pushing my car I watch my JB4 to make sure my engine oil temp is north of 160F. I wonder how long that would take with your weather ?!?😳


2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS WMI w/ DO7s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit v2
  • AMS Catted FDP (Pending)
  • AMS CAI
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5 CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
Reply With Quote
(#925)
Old
Serstylz2's Avatar
Serstylz2 Serstylz2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 367
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 02-12-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Related comment here: -45C is a bit brisk. Before pushing my car I watch my JB4 to make sure my engine oil temp is north of 160F. I wonder how long that would take with your weather ?!?😳
Whats up man, looks like we will be taking similar moves, Q50 to S4. I'll be following to see how you like the JB4 on this platform.


2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com