N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: M240i Xdrive
Default 05-01-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
I donít understand this. Are you flashing a BEF on top of BM3? How is this possible - both of these are flash tunes. The BEF will overwrite the BM3 tune. Or am I missing something about how BM3 works?
JB4 bef is 12.3 version
(#102)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 05-03-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneshot971
JB4 bef is 12.3 version
Yeah, I don't understand either. Are you using the MHD BEF with the BM3 ots tune?

| 2013 BMW 335is |
| MHD Custom E60 | Stock Turbos| 2" Inlets | down-pip3s | DCI | PR coils | BMP Stage 2 fuel pump |
| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#103)
Old

Car: BMW m140i
Default 05-03-2019, 08:58 AM

Hello,

is the map MHD I can not find anything, thank you
(#104)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneshot971
JB4 bef is 12.3 version
Not sure what you are asking. JB4 v12.3 if PWG N55 firmware, not B58 engine firmware.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#105)
Old

Car: bmw 340
Default 05-03-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Yeah, I don't understand either. Are you using the MHD BEF with the BM3 ots tune?

could be using jb4 too add boost ontop of the bm3 tune

or hes using bm3 ots tune and jb4 as a methcontroller
(#106)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 02:04 PM

Hit the dyno today with our 540i development car to test out our new B58 JB4 MHD E85 back end flash map. Test car is a 2017 model all stock with BMS intake, JB4, and our off the shelf v1 E85 back end flash map. Fuel mixture was around 40% E85 and the rest 91 octane.

Testing out a new version of JB4 map3 which targets around 20psi peak but is set to purposely under target a psi or two, peak boost on the dyno run was 19psi. Played around a bit with timing but found we're pretty close to MBT here.

The real limiting factor for us is fuel pressure so we ran it as lean as we feel safe letting it run on the E85 mixture, and even so fuel pressure was starting to tank as you can see in the log. Fortunately Fuel-IT has a CPI kit in the works so options to take it beyond this will not only be limited to WMI. Although, WMI does wonders.

Anyway first of many more higher power B58 dynos to come!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#107)
Old

Default 05-03-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hit the dyno today with our 540i development car to test out our new B58 JB4 MHD E85 back end flash map. Test car is a 2017 model all stock with BMS intake, JB4, and our off the shelf v1 E85 back end flash map. Fuel mixture was around 40% E85 and the rest 91 octane.

Testing out a new version of JB4 map3 which targets around 20psi peak but is set to purposely under target a psi or two, peak boost on the dyno run was 19psi. Played around a bit with timing but found we're pretty close to MBT here.

The real limiting factor for us is fuel pressure so we ran it as lean as we feel safe letting it run on the E85 mixture, and even so fuel pressure was starting to tank as you can see in the log. Fortunately Fuel-IT has a CPI kit in the works so options to take it beyond this will not only be limited to WMI. Although, WMI does wonders.

Anyway first of many more higher power B58 dynos to come!
**** yeah!

| 2013 BMW 335is |
| MHD Custom E60 | Stock Turbos| 2" Inlets | down-pip3s | DCI | PR coils | BMP Stage 2 fuel pump |
(#108)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M-Sport
Default 05-03-2019, 03:59 PM

Where do I find the Pump, Race, and ethanol back-end flash maps to use with MHD and Jb4 on my B58?
(#109)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 04:02 PM

Email only right now, per directions in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#110)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M-Sport
Default 05-03-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Email only right now, per directions in the first post.
Ah, Got it. emailing now.
(#111)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-03-2019, 04:41 PM

So as of today. Do we still use the mhd beta link for jb4 BEF?
(#112)
Old

Car: M135
Default 05-03-2019, 04:58 PM

Great numbers!!! ������������������������
I saw some tuners running straight e85 in B58 engines, probably with less boost, do you think It’s question of time to improve the HPFP menegement or the most recently models of b58 has better HPFP? Thank you and keep the great job!

JB4 - ER DP -ER Chargepipe
(#113)
Old
BMW After BMW

Car: BMW M240i
Default 05-03-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sp58
could be using jb4 too add boost ontop of the bm3 tune

or hes using bm3 ots tune and jb4 as a methcontroller
I think heís calling the JB4 firmware the ďBEFĒ. So what heís got is JB4 + BM3 so youíre right. Actually those are good times and itís clear the JB4 stacked on the BM3 improves his times. Although map3 or map6 wouldnít just be a meth control setup as those maps do more than just control boost.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#114)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-03-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrice135
So as of today. Do we still use the mhd beta link for jb4 BEF?
Use the new public app on google play. MHD f and g series v 1.20.

2017 F23/M240i Convertible (B58) / 6MT / FF Wires / EWG Wires / BMS Air Intake / Stock Exhaust / BMS Meth (100%) / 93 Octane
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copietro
Great numbers!!! ������������������������
I saw some tuners running straight e85 in B58 engines, probably with less boost, do you think Itís question of time to improve the HPFP menegement or the most recently models of b58 has better HPFP? Thank you and keep the great job!
Boost would need to be much lower, so you'd make less power. E40 was the best balance between boost and timing/octane we could find.

Burger Motorsports

(#116)
Old

Car: BMW 340i 2017
Default 05-03-2019, 05:26 PM

Terry pls 93oct and WMI 100% meth

2017 340i M bodykit
mods:
Sport Springs
K&N drop-in filter
VRSF D0wnP!pe
JB4
(#117)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-03-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Boost would need to be much lower, so you'd make less power. E40 was the best balance between boost and timing/octane we could find.
Cool. So for your latest beta BEF for ethanol and WMI, should we run an E40 blend?

(#118)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-03-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYous
Use the new public app on google play. MHD f and g series v 1.20.
Awesome! And do I still need to email for maps ? Or are they available during flashing ?
(#119)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-03-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrice135
Awesome! And do I still need to email for maps ? Or are they available during flashing ?
BEF maps are BMS produced so email in. You then use mhdís app to flash it.

(#120)
Old

Default 05-04-2019, 03:36 AM

Great numbers!

Is the fuel pump already the limiting factor on 93 with **’s? Do the turbo’s have more in them?

I an running jb4 map 6 around 15-15.5psi with Bms intake on 93 octane. I read that most flashes are around 16psi, Will there be Any noticable power increase going BEF + jb4?
(#121)
Old
BMW After BMW

Default 05-04-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikb
Great numbers!

Is the fuel pump already the limiting factor on 93 with **ís? Do the turboís have more in them?

I an running jb4 map 6 around 15-15.5psi with Bms intake on 93 octane. I read that most flashes are around 16psi, Will there be Any noticable power increase going BEF + jb4?
I donít know where you saw that but plenty of people are running flashes and pushing more psi. Fuel pump is a limit only if you seek to max the stock turbo ( around 21 psi). People are putting down great numbers as you saw.

(#122)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2019, 11:02 AM

We hope to post the base BEF maps here next week to avoid the email in for them delay. Also working on v13 of the B58 JB4 firmware with some enhancements to the JB4 safety systems and revised map targets for use with the flash maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#123)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikb
Great numbers!

Is the fuel pump already the limiting factor on 93 with **ís? Do the turboís have more in them?

The BEF gives us more control over timing advance and fueling, so even at the same boost levels, we should see some improvements. But the basic idea is with our BEF you'll be able to safely run more boost for a given octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#124)
Old

Car: bmw 340
Default 05-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
The BEF gives us more control over timing advance and fueling, so even at the same boost levels, we should see some improvements. But the basic idea is with our BEF you'll be able to safely run more boost for a given octane.
are there any results from wmi?
(#125)
Old

Default 05-04-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sp58
are there any results from wmi?
Soon Once everything is finalized

| 2013 BMW 335is |