N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2076)
Old

Car: G70
Default 04-23-2019, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like wheel spin or something in the log? Traction control off?
Are you referring to me? Yes there was a little spin cause I was late letting go of the brakes with Launch Control with all the nannies off.

Last edited by NLJ; 04-23-2019 at 02:15 AM..
(#2077)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2019, 07:59 AM

Yes... Other than that log seems OK to me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2078)
Old

Default 04-23-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Yes... Other than that log seems OK to me.
Thanks Terry. I'm on 91 Octane Top Tier Costco gas btw.
Is there anything specific I can try in user settings for the 2.0T?
I seem to only feel the boost kick in past 3,000rpm.
(#2079)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 04-23-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ
I seem to only feel the boost kick in past 3,000rpm.

Hello, 2.0!
(#2080)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 04-24-2019, 01:30 PM

Quick question. Is the JB4 capable of adjusting the gas pedal sensitivity? Or do you have to buy the BMS Pedal Tuner separately?

If you have to buy it...any additional functionality/features to the Pedal Tuner if you already have a JB4 installed?

Thank you.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#2081)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2019, 01:42 PM

You'd use the pedal tuner for gas pedal remapping if you want that.

It's a separate system from the JB4.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2082)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 04-24-2019, 08:38 PM

I'll tell you what, that pedal tuner is a game changer!!!! You can't believe how alive it becomes with that little device! LOL

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#2083)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2019, 08:55 PM

It's funny because a lot of customers hate on the concept but of all the products we sell those have one of the lowest return rates. It's a lot of fun for the money lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#2084)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT LTD
Default 04-24-2019, 11:04 PM

hex JB4_KIA_8_TEST2.hex the latest firmware?
(#2085)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-25-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek9max
hex JB4_KIA_8_TEST2.hex the latest firmware?
Yes

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2086)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 04-25-2019, 08:56 PM

So I've been running 30% e85 for awhile but I hate how inconsistent it is after filling up. I would like to switch to boostane. Can someone tell me the benefit of boostane or cons? From the chart is it 1 can per fill up?
(#2087)
Old

Default 04-26-2019, 03:15 AM

^ I’ve been using BOOSTane Pro for a while now. I fill up with 93 and supplement to get to 99 octane. Love it...and easy. 1/2 ounce to 1 gallon of 93.

I keep a little measuring bottle with a collapsible funnel in the trunk...along with rubber gloves.

So if you filled up 16 gallons of 93...add 8 ounces of BOOSTane Pro (1/4 bottle).

(#2088)
Old

Default 04-26-2019, 11:43 AM

Hey Terry. Something really odd happened not too long ago. Filled up my tank yesterday as I have been for a while. 93 octane and supplementing with BOOSTane Pro to get 99 octane. Running Map 3.

Car has been a beast and so much to drive.

What happened not too long ago...went for a quick drive as rain was coming and wanted to wash pollen off my car. Lazy man's car wash

Went down the interstate...nothing crazy. Got off and was getting back on to head home. Noticed the car was lagging. Almost like it was out of gas...or the turbos weren't working. Very odd. I got on the interstate...and pushed it a bit. Hardly any power. I literally thought I was going to break down in the next 200 yards.

I kept going...and things seemed to improve. I did a couple of logs to share. Not sure if you see anything odd, etc.

By the time I got home...car seemed to have good power again. Roads were wet so I didn't want to do anything stupid.

Anyhoo...please let me know. Thank you !

QUICK update: I just realized that when I filled up yesterday (tank was almost empty)...I came straight home. Perhaps the booster did not mix with the 93 octane fuel yet...and the car was drinking 93 octane on Map 3 thus the hesitation. Probably needed time to stir up? Hopefully that's it.

B
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-26 14_21_30_Map-3.csv (12.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-26 14_26_50_Map-3.csv (7.0 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Beefer; 04-26-2019 at 11:55 AM..
(#2089)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2019, 12:23 PM

Hard to really know, sometimes the ECU will cut boost if detects something out of place. The JB4 can also cut boost (go to map0) if it detects something out of place. If it was slower than stock (e.g. no boost) then it was likely on the ECU end.

Burger Motorsports

(#2090)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 04-27-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
Hey Terry. Something really odd happened not too long ago. Filled up my tank yesterday as I have been for a while. 93 octane and supplementing with BOOSTane Pro to get 99 octane. Running Map 3.

Car has been a beast and so much to drive.

What happened not too long ago...went for a quick drive as rain was coming and wanted to wash pollen off my car. Lazy man's car wash

Went down the interstate...nothing crazy. Got off and was getting back on to head home. Noticed the car was lagging. Almost like it was out of gas...or the turbos weren't working. Very odd. I got on the interstate...and pushed it a bit. Hardly any power. I literally thought I was going to break down in the next 200 yards.

I kept going...and things seemed to improve. I did a couple of logs to share. Not sure if you see anything odd, etc.

By the time I got home...car seemed to have good power again. Roads were wet so I didn't want to do anything stupid.

Anyhoo...please let me know. Thank you !

QUICK update: I just realized that when I filled up yesterday (tank was almost empty)...I came straight home. Perhaps the booster did not mix with the 93 octane fuel yet...and the car was drinking 93 octane on Map 3 thus the hesitation. Probably needed time to stir up? Hopefully that's it.

B
If you floor it with the traction on and in comfort or eco mode it will cut boost if the steering wheel is slightly turned, even if it high speeds. Boost will gradually comeback again after flooring it a few times while going straight.

JB4 - Denso 5346 - AEM Intake - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#2091)
Old

Default 04-27-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
If you floor it with the traction on and in comfort or eco mode it will cut boost if the steering wheel is slightly turned, even if it high speeds. Boost will gradually comeback again after flooring it a few times while going straight.
You might be right. I think it does that in Sports mode slightly too cause my boost didn't max out without the nannies off!
(#2092)
Old

Car: Stinger 2.0
Default 04-29-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
The 2l logs always freak me out for a moment because I think I'm looking at a 3.3L log and wondering why boost is so high.

Log looks great, timing is solid. I'm going to work on a dedicated 2l firmware or setting soon to get road speed logging working for them. Look for that soon.
Hi Terry, been able to work on something specific for 2L JB4s so far?
(#2093)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-30-2019, 06:56 PM

Getting closer on that. If you're bored and have time to help test something drop me an email.

Burger Motorsports

(#2094)
Old

Default 05-01-2019, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Getting closer on that. If you're bored and have time to help test something drop me an email.
I would be interested to test something for the 2L as well.
(#2095)
Old

Car: Hyundai i30N
Default 05-01-2019, 05:16 AM

when i can help for 2L engine from I30N or Veloster let me know it!
(#2096)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-02-2019, 04:58 PM

I think the E85 section is off. I am only on 93 on this launch and it is reading high. Plus side though i am pulling off the line around 11psi now
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-02 18_17_32_Map-2.csv (6.3 KB, 75 views)

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#2097)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanb
I think the E85 section is off. I am only on 93 on this launch and it is reading high. Plus side though i am pulling off the line around 11psi now
Turn off the E85 WMI option you turned on.

Burger Motorsports

(#2098)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-03-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Turn off the E85 WMI option you turned on.
How do i disable it? I haven't messed with anything in the water meth section.

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#2099)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 07:49 AM

It's on the WMI page.

Burger Motorsports

(#2100)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2019, 08:36 AM

v9

1) Changes to logging for 2L models. Water temp, road speed, and fuel pressure are now active.
2) Enabled WMI PWM control for those running large nozzles that need less flow at lower RPM.

Burger Motorsports