N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3276)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2020, 12:52 PM

First step for any specific tuning advice is a lot of the issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3277)
Old

Car: Elantra GTS 1.6T
Default 06-13-2020, 08:40 AM

Hi all,

Could someone take a look at my log? I drive the 1.6T Elantra GTS with JB4 in Map2/93 octane (no fuel wires).
Mods include:
AFE Intake
BorgWarner ECBS
GFB BOV
AFE Axleback
HKS plugs
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R5_200613_0816.csv (131.3 KB, 50 views)
(#3278)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmalp
Hi all,

Could someone take a look at my log? I drive the 1.6T Elantra GTS with JB4 in Map2/93 octane (no fuel wires).
Mods include:
AFE Intake
BorgWarner ECBS
GFB BOV
AFE Axleback
HKS plugs
Looks good to me, but pedal is not 100% down. I'd also set options bit0 on to disable fuel control wires as otherwise AFR in logs won't be 100% accurate.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3279)
Old

Car: Elantra GTS 1.6T
Default 06-13-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks good to me, but pedal is not 100% down. I'd also set options bit0 on to disable fuel control wires as otherwise AFR in logs won't be 100% accurate.
Thanks Terry, I'll try to find a better spot next time to log. How do I turn bit0 on? I saw it in user adjustment but I can't seem to save the setting?
(#3280)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 06-13-2020, 11:03 AM

Hi Terry

I got a question about map 7.
On what value is the boost additive based on?
I understand that it is a percentage, but a percentage of what value? Is it a fixed value or profile (per gear, rpm) inside JB4 for each platform?
(#3281)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 06-13-2020, 01:05 PM

JB4 on Map 3, e30, BMS intake. Just installed EWG wires. After a 45 minute drive, tried to accelerate hard and car bogged. JB4 is showing codes 259e and 25a0.

Used this setup minus EWG wires without issues in the past. EWG wires appear to be in the correct pins.

Editing to add that I can’t log right now but anything greater than Map 1 is capping the factory boost gauge at about 6psi. Map 0 is boosting as expected.

Connections appear tight. Any thoughts?

Last edited by N20_to_VR30; 06-13-2020 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Add boost gauge info
(#3282)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmalp
Thanks Terry, I'll try to find a better spot next time to log. How do I turn bit0 on? I saw it in user adjustment but I can't seem to save the setting?
Under options on the user adjustment page. Hit save twice after changing it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3283)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20_to_VR30
JB4 on Map 3, e30, BMS intake. Just installed EWG wires. After a 45 minute drive, tried to accelerate hard and car bogged. JB4 is showing codes 259e and 25a0.

Used this setup minus EWG wires without issues in the past. EWG wires appear to be in the correct pins.

Editing to add that I canít log right now but anything greater than Map 1 is capping the factory boost gauge at about 6psi. Map 0 is boosting as expected.

Connections appear tight. Any thoughts?
Maybe a setting issue, etc. Log will shed more light on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3284)
Old

Car: 14 Veloster Turbo
Default Map 1 Logs for 1.6T - 06-13-2020, 03:50 PM

Good evening Terry. Could you please take a look at these logs for me? I notice a few spikes in AFR but not sure if this is normal. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_200612_1858.csv (297.7 KB, 50 views)
(#3285)
Old

Default 06-13-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe a setting issue, etc. Log will shed more light on it.
Traffic is a bit heavy but it looks like the boost is capped.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200613_200956.csv (17.9 KB, 46 views)
(#3286)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdale83
Good evening Terry. Could you please take a look at these logs for me? I notice a few spikes in AFR but not sure if this is normal. Thanks!
No runs long enough to evaluate, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#3287)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Update to v17 and fill in required EWG settings. Duty bias all 50, FF 50, pid gain 20.

Burger Motorsports

(#3288)
Old

Default 06-13-2020, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the quick reponse. I am new to this kind of stuff. How long of a run do you need?

Last edited by mcdale83; 06-13-2020 at 05:54 PM..
(#3289)
Old

Default 06-13-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
What do you mean by traffic is a bit heavy?
(#3290)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdale83
Thanks for the quick reponse. I am new to this kind of stuff. How long of a run do you need?
40-90 or something, on a safe private track of course!

Burger Motorsports

(#3291)
Old

Default 06-13-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Update to v17 and fill in required EWG settings. Duty bias all 50, FF 50, pid gain 20.
Thanks! Back in action. The 3.3 is a slug without boost!
(#3292)
Old

Car: KIA Stinger
Default Crackle and Pops - 06-13-2020, 09:37 PM

I purchased system recently wanted to know if its possible to make kia stinger crackle and pop like bmw and f type
(#3293)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 06-14-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashfg
I purchased system recently wanted to know if its possible to make kia stinger crackle and pop like bmw and f type
Remove one or two spark plugs.

JB4 - Denso 5346 - AEM Intake - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#3294)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 06-14-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashfg
3 gallons of #2 diesel.

YMMV
(#3295)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger GT1
Default Limp Mode - 06-14-2020, 08:11 AM

I have been running Map4 with out any issues. Since I installed the EWG wires, when I hit full throttle car is going on limp mode, no boost and through me back to map0. What can I do?
(#3296)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyfdiaz
I have been running Map4 with out any issues. Since I installed the EWG wires, when I hit full throttle car is going on limp mode, no boost and through me back to map0. What can I do?
What is last safety?
(#3297)
Old

Icon1 06-14-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
40-90 or something, on a safe private track of course!
Hey Terry, heres those logs you asked for. Couple WOT 40-90 pulls on map2. I did notice that the boost was maxing out about 17-18psi which is what I normally got stock.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R18_200614_1103.csv (164.5 KB, 52 views)
(#3298)
Old

Car: 2020 Stinger GT1
Default 06-14-2020, 08:26 AM

Last safety was 3 fuel pressure
(#3299)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Last safety was 3 fuel pressure
Are your fuel trims maxed in the logs?
Do you have WMI?
(#3300)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Grab a log of it, based on your last post appears to be a fuel pressure issue.

Burger Motorsports