N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#751)
Old

Car: 2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
Default 08-15-2020, 09:04 PM

Terry,

I’ve been using your JB4 now on my 2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5 running 93 octane and running Maps 1 and 2 with good performance and going to be adding a Water-Methanol Injection Sytem and wondering if you’d recommend me using your Burger universal WMI system over the Snow Performance or AEM stage 2 or 3 systems and if I used your universal Burger system could it be tied into the JB4 controller and my JB4 iPhone software to streamline and improve monitoring, performance, and safety?

What would you recommend before I go ahead and start on this?

Thanks.

2017 F150 SuperCrew 3.5 Gen II Ecoboost
(Burger JB4 with Water-Meth Injection, AFE Cold Air intake, Stainless Works High flow catted down pipe, SPD Turbo flanges, SPD 3" resonator pipe, Magnaflow 3" Exhaust, Garrett-Honeywell Intercooler, 185F Motorcraft Thermostat, Ford Performance Plugs - 1 step colder)
(#752)
Old

Default Wiring and Setup of WMI to JB4 on my 2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5 - 08-20-2020, 01:25 PM

Terry,

I went ahead and ordered your universal Water Methanol Injection kit and am waiting on feedback from Ando on instructions for wiring the FSB to my JB4 module (Orange and Blue wires)

I'll also need to know how to program the JB4 Mobile app pages for:

Meth Safety Mode (0-3)
Meth Trigger Mode (0-3)

Water/Methanol Injection (all settings to start with)

I'm installing dual nozzles before the TB (actually closer to the Intercooler outlet to give time for blending with air charge and to also cool AIT).

Will run a 50/50 blend to start with.....

Thanks.

Rich

(Burger JB4 with Water-Meth Injection, AFE Cold Air intake, Stainless Works High flow catted down pipe, SPD Turbo flanges, SPD 3" resonator pipe, Magnaflow 3" Exhaust, Garrett-Honeywell Intercooler, 185F Motorcraft Thermostat, Ford Performance Plugs - 1 step colder)
(#753)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS
Default 2017-18 3.5 Explorer? - 09-18-2020, 10:33 AM

Sorry if this has been answer definitively, but does this work for the 2017-2018 Explorer with the 3.5 ecoboost? I saw answers indicating it "should" but wondered if anyone has used this in their explorer successfully.

thanks!
(#754)
Old

Default 09-18-2020, 12:26 PM

Yes,

Both the JB4 and WMI will work fine!

As of the last few days the WMI is also working nicely on my 2017+ F150 (gen 2 - dual injection Ecoboost 3.5), so I would imagine it will work ok on the Gen 1 - single injection Ecoboost 3.5's on the other ford's (Non 2017+ F150 or 2018+ Expedition).

I'm spraying 30Meth/70water wiper fluid above 7.9 psi and so far so good in Maps 0, and Map 3.

Once I get Boost Juice (50Methanol/50water) blend delivered next week I'm supposed to try Map 5 (6+ lbs more boost).

On map 3 (20 psi) with 93 octane there's ZERO Knock. I expect the same on Map 5 (22 psi)....

Terry has been very helpful on getting me setup with the JB4 and more recently the WMI/FSB systems....

(#755)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscars2212
Sorry if this has been answer definitively, but does this work for the 2017-2018 Explorer with the 3.5 ecoboost? I saw answers indicating it "should" but wondered if anyone has used this in their explorer successfully.

thanks!
Yes WMI is supported for all EcoBoost models

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#756)
Old

Car: 2020 F150 2.7
Default 09-21-2020, 11:36 AM

So I put some e30 in today and tried map5. Itís a beast. Did a couple of pulls and it felt pretty good. Did a 3rd one about an hour later and got the code p0299 code for underboost. And on the jb4 it has a 1 listed for last safety. Over boost so not sure which it is. Iíll catch a log later today. My boost safety is set to 23. No misfires it just felt weak for a second and threw the code. Stock other than a drop in filter and E30 in the tank.
(#757)
Old

Car: 2015 f150 2.7
Default 09-26-2020, 04:42 PM

Question for everyone I am getting ready to change my plugs should I go stock plugs again or a one step colder? This is on a 2015 f150 2.7 4x4

Current set up is s&b cold air intake, afe intercooler piping, 3 inch full catback exhaust and currently run map 3 or 5 on my jb4
(#758)
Old

Default 2017 F150 JB4 with Water-Meth Injection (more fuel?) - 09-30-2020, 09:14 AM

Terry,

Attached please find my latest Log using Map5 with 93 Octane and 50meth/50water injection using (2) 5 lb/hour injectors. It pulls a lot harder then Map3 with no codes, no knock, and feels real good, but I see the Fuel Pressure is starting at 15, then dropping to around 11 or 10 as the boost continues to peak around 20 psi and the truck rpms/speed (load) climbs....

The Fuel trims are in the upper 30's/low 40's, and AFR is still rich (10 - 11 range), so I guess this may or may not be a problem if I don't do any continuous full throttle activities....

I understand the current firmware isn't setup to allow for any fuel tuning (Open loop or bias).

Do you have plans/capability to activate Fuel Open Loop or Fuel bias in upcoming firmware updates for those that want to run the higher boosts on Map 5 or Map 6 and are running out of fuel?

Does Map6 work at this point, the boost vs RPM settings? I assume the Fuel bias and duty bias aren’t active either?

Is there anything I can do at this point on the JB4 to Increase Fuel in Map5 or Map 6 (if it works) that are running out of fuel at the higher boost (+6 psi) settings, since Map 5 feels/pulls a lot stronger then Map 3.

I really like the JB4 running with Map5, using 93 octane and Meth….. Just wanting to know if/when anything can be done about biasing/boosting the fuel a bit.

I think a few others on here with 2017+ F150’s and Raptors are/would also be interested since fuel appears to become the limiting factor at higher boost levels……

Thank so much.

Rich
Attached Files
File Type: csv P22_M5_R1_200928_1710.csv (39.6 KB, 15 views)

(#759)
Old

Default 09-30-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasecoboost
Question for everyone I am getting ready to change my plugs should I go stock plugs again or a one step colder? This is on a 2015 f150 2.7 4x4

Current set up is s&b cold air intake, afe intercooler piping, 3 inch full catback exhaust and currently run map 3 or 5 on my jb4
I would go with one step cooler and keep the gap tighter so things go well with the added boost... This is what I did on my 3.5...

(#760)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhex17F150
Terry,

Attached please find my latest Log using Map5 with 93 Octane and 50meth/50water injection using (2) 5 lb/hour injectors.

Rich
I think I helped you via email already, but as discussed log looks fine to me. Fuel pressure dropping is a bit of a concern, I'd increase the meth volume by running larger nozzles or a stronger WMI mix. But overall keep on trucking!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#761)
Old

Default Falls flat if I stock on the gas, then recovers - 10-12-2020, 11:09 AM

Terry,

The last several times I'm trying to do Draggy type start from a dead stop its pulling real hard of the line (tires spinning, then traction), then closing down the throttle plate when its going lean for a second, then it pulls hard the rest of the run with good rich AFR's.

Please see the 2nd pull I did on the attached csv file.

How can I adjust the JB4 (Map 5) and WMI so it doesn't stumble right after launch (stomping on the pedal, tiring spinning, traction, then stumble)....

Once it recovers it continued to pull hard the rest of the run (good boost and rich AFR's).....

Maybe I need to be over 3500 rpm before I stomp on it? The 1st pull doesn't stumble and I ramped up the RMP's more slowly before stomping on it and the AFR never went lean....

Could I use the Boost by Gear settings(reduction) on gears 1, 2, and 3 to reduce power at launch to help with this?

Any idea's. Its just when I first hit it that it pulls hard, then stumbles, then fully recovers?

Thanks. Rich
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017 F150 JB4 WMI 50M_50H2) Map5 (100720).csv (41.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by rhex17F150; 10-12-2020 at 12:53 PM..
(#762)
Old

Default 10-13-2020, 10:05 AM

Well, I used the gear 1, 2, 3 boost reduction at -5.0 , -2.5, and -1.0 psi, and now you can launch from a dead stop (drag race style) with less spinning and there's no drop off/stumble anymore, so I guess its resolved....

(#763)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2020, 11:03 AM

Good to hear!

Burger Motorsports