N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1776)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Luxe AWD
Default 12-22-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
JB4 itself has a 12 month warranty and should hold up just fine for you. We've got 100s of customers in WI over the years. Started selling these in 2008.
Thanks, Terry!

Do I really have to run wires across the firewall to install the BMS cable or I can leave it under the hood where the JB4 module is.

Is the bluetooth replacement to the BMS? Or I have to buy both. I like to have the BT connected to my iPhone.
(#1777)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 12-22-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
I think the after market intakes def can outflow the stock...so i wonder if with a cooling upgrade an aftermarket would offer more benefit.

Also there is the sound...many people like the aftermarket intakes due to the in turbo sound coming through!
After seeing a lot of people dismayed about the aftermarket intakes, both in the Q50/Q60 forum and FB page, i'd be more cautious. And for the same reason BT is making sure theirs won't cause problems.

Intakes are expensive and doesn't worth the price-to-perf ratio IMO. It's not like it'd give us extra 20hp over stock. Not on this platform.
(#1778)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 12-23-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekpogi
After seeing a lot of people dismayed about the aftermarket intakes, both in the Q50/Q60 forum and FB page, i'd be more cautious. And for the same reason BT is making sure theirs won't cause problems.

Intakes are expensive and doesn't worth the price-to-perf ratio IMO. It's not like it'd give us extra 20hp over stock. Not on this platform.
I figured you donít, a lot of people have told me intakes donít give you power itís more for the sound. But of course according to Stillen thereís like a 18whp gain!! LoL

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#1779)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 12-23-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
I figured you donít, a lot of people have told me intakes donít give you power itís more for the sound. But of course according to Stillen thereís like a 18whp gain!! LoL
LOL - that probably explains why some people reported jerking
(#1780)
Old

Car: q60
Default 12-23-2017, 09:18 AM

Well the AEM and stillen intakes reported gains not at peak, but lower in the rpm range. At around 3k stillen saw a 36tq increase or something like that... In a quarter mile depending in when you shift that could help...

But I suspect intakes really help with a true flash tune where you can alter the actual maps (not manipulate stock maps which is what the JB1/4 do. Having said that I choose the jb4 over a tune.
(#1781)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awgd8
Thanks, Terry!

Do I really have to run wires across the firewall to install the BMS cable or I can leave it under the hood where the JB4 module is.

Is the bluetooth replacement to the BMS? Or I have to buy both. I like to have the BT connected to my iPhone.
JB4 requires the OBDII cable poked through the grommet as shown. Stage1 does not have an OBDII cable.

For logging you can use a BMS data cable and run it in the window/door jamb only when needed, or buy the BlueTooth kit for wireless logging.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1782)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default 12-23-2017, 02:10 PM

So your saying you go up to +4.6 psi on only 93 octane? You keep it on 4.6 or when you want a hard launch? I also have the jb1 and keep it at +4.0 and I love the response. I also wondered if I can go higher but dont want to push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Addict
You can see my previous post for my drag strip times. I have also done some time comparisons on the street in my Q50 RS400 AWD using a GTECH Pro 20th anniversary edition performance meter.

0-60 1/4

4.43 12.82@110.9 stock
4.25 12.66@111.9 with catalyst back exhaust only
3.91 12.29@114.9 with stock exhaust and only mod being JB1 at +4.6

All runs with 93 octane and with no launch on the street, just stomping on the gas. Jb1 with data cable is by far the best bang for the buck on these cars. Buy it, use it, resell it whenever you are done with it, take it off in 2 minutes before you go to the dealer for service. Great product!
(#1783)
Old

Default 12-23-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
JB4 requires the OBDII cable poked through the grommet as shown. Stage1 does not have an OBDII cable.

For logging you can use a BMS data cable and run it in the window/door jamb only when needed, or buy the BlueTooth kit for wireless logging.
Got it!

Thanks!
(#1784)
Old

Car: Q50S Red Sport RWD
Default 12-23-2017, 05:43 PM

Good Afternoon, all Q50 enthusiast and owners. I just placed an order for the JB1 plus the cable, also bought 2 new 285/35/19 for my rear tires, as the ones I have are almost gone. I am very much looking forward to the performance this can do out of the box. My one question though, do you know of any reputable Dyno Shops in Miami, FL? I like to do before and after dyno runs of my car.

Car is a 2016 Q50S Red Sport RWD.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all.
(#1785)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default 12-23-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSport88
So your saying you go up to +4.6 psi on only 93 octane? You keep it on 4.6 or when you want a hard launch? I also have the jb1 and keep it at +4.0 and I love the response. I also wondered if I can go higher but dont want to push it.
I was at +3 for a few months and experimented with 91 and 93 octane from different stations. When my engine was not happy I felt little hesitations or bumps in the acceleration instead of the normal smooth consistent power. I found that my local Sunoco station 93 is not good. I usually fill up at my local BP station that sells Amoco Ultimate 93. I felt a good improvement when I moved to +4 for a month and again at +4.5 for a month. But now I am taking baby steps because I might be at or close to the limit on 93. I have had it at +4.6 for around 500 miles so far with no issues. I like to drive fast on curvy roads and accelerate at full throttle as much as possible.
(#1786)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default 12-23-2017, 09:51 PM

I hear u man. I got JB1 running +4 for about 3500 miles. The only gas I use is Mobile. Tried all other gas stations including sunoco and exxon and the car did not like it. Was not smooth and felt heavy. I got 93 on all gas staions and the car does not like it except for mobile so keep goin bck to them. I think I am ready to bump it up to 4.5 or 4.6. How many miles have you gone with the 4.5? Also do u notice a difference between 4.0 and 4.6? Also do u have AWD to get under 4.0 sec to 60? Also what you have your DWP setting at. I have mine at 30 and the car rips tunder heav throttle. Love this set up but feel like I can get better. I think I am ready to go up a liltte to 4.6. Have you dynoed by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Addict
I was at +3 for a few months and experimented with 91 and 93 octane from different stations. When my engine was not happy I felt little hesitations or bumps in the acceleration instead of the normal smooth consistent power. I found that my local Sunoco station 93 is not good. I usually fill up at my local BP station that sells Amoco Ultimate 93. I felt a good improvement when I moved to +4 for a month and again at +4.5 for a month. But now I am taking baby steps because I might be at or close to the limit on 93. I have had it at +4.6 for around 500 miles so far with no issues. I like to drive fast on curvy roads and accelerate at full throttle as much as possible.
(#1787)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T AWD
Default 12-24-2017, 02:10 PM

Hey all,

New JB4 owner here. Got it installed last night and made some pulls on map1. Was highly impressed with the differences. Decided to try map2 today and it felt like stock, so went back to map1 and again it also felt like stock. When I got home I looked at the logs and sure enough map2 and map1 both had all 0's for the target. Compared it to the run I made last night and there was definitely data in the target.

Any idea what happened here? All I did was change the map from the JB4 connect app with the car in park.

Last edited by Cdubber9; 11-15-2018 at 06:59 PM..
(#1788)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default 12-24-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSport88
I hear u man. I got JB1 running +4 for about 3500 miles. The only gas I use is Mobile. Tried all other gas stations including sunoco and exxon and the car did not like it. Was not smooth and felt heavy. I got 93 on all gas stations and the car does not like it except for mobile so keep goin bck to them. I think I am ready to bump it up to 4.5 or 4.6. How many miles have you gone with the 4.5? Also do u notice a difference between 4.0 and 4.6? Also do u have AWD to get under 4.0 sec to 60? Also what you have your DWP setting at. I have mine at 30 and the car rips under heavy throttle. Love this set up but feel like I can get better. I think I am ready to go up a liltte to 4.6. Have you dynoed by chance?
I am AWD. The only setting that I have changed is boost so I assume DWP is at 30. I might have gone 2000 miles on 4.5. It felt faster when I went from +3 to +4, and it felt faster again when I bumped it up to 4.5. No dyno, my timed runs show the power improvements.
(#1789)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdubber9
Hey all,

New JB4 owner here. Got it installed last night and made some pulls on map1. Was highly impressed with the differences. Decided to try map2 today and it felt like stock, so went back to map1 and again it also felt like stock. When I got home I looked at the logs and sure enough map2 and map1 both had all 0's for the target. Compared it to the run I made last night and there was definitely data in the target.

Any idea what happened here? All I did was change the map from the JB4 connect app with the car in park.
Looks like water temperature was not up to 160 degrees yet. As a JB4 safety precaution boost is kept at stock levels until the engine warms up.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1790)
Old

Default 12-24-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Looks like water temperature was not up to 160 degrees yet. As a JB4 safety precaution boost is kept at stock levels until the engine warms up.
Good to know! Thanks Terry!
(#1791)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 12-25-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Wow. I didnít know that. Definitely good to know.
(#1792)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-25-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
Wow. I didnít know that. Definitely good to know.
I was also caught off guard when my trusty JB4íed SS was less than itís usual responsiveness when asked to smoke a RS 1st thing in the morning. Terry took a quick look at my logs and confirmed the same thing - if the engine is not warmed up enough the oil has not warmed up (thinned out) and the JB4 patiently waits to strut its stuff. Smart engineering!
(#1793)
Old

Default 12-25-2017, 09:31 AM

Looks like I'll have to get up early to warm up. We're expecting temps in the teens for the next 2 weeks in northern Ohio.

Merry Christmas everyone!
(#1794)
Old

Default 12-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Merry Christmas everyone... Terry i don’t know if you ever answered this question or anyone else can answer this whenever they have a chance.. is a jb4 tund Sliver Sport faster than a fully stock red sport? Or in my case my sliver sport with all the mods against a stock Red Sport. Thanks, I actually just want to know for reference

(#1795)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 12-25-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Merry Christmas everyone... Terry i donít know if you ever answered this question or anyone else can answer this whenever they have a chance.. is a jb4 tund Sliver Sport faster than a fully stock red sport? Or in my case my sliver sport with all the mods against a stock Red Sport. Thanks, I actually just want to know for reference
With my E30 fuel blend (1:4 E85 & 93 octane), drop in K&N air filters and running my SS RWD on JB4 Map 5, I routinely take stock RSís (stop light to stop light) with at least a car length to spare (Standard shift mode, Traction Control On, & AC all still on.)
(#1796)
Old

Default 12-25-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
With my E30 fuel blend (1:4 E85 & 93 octane), drop in K&N air filters and running my SS RWD on JB4 Map 5, I routinely take stock RSís (stop light to stop light) with at least a car length to spare (Standard shift mode, Traction Control On, & AC all still on.)
Mmmm interesting.. was wondering without the e30 blend.. cause I donít run E30

(#1797)
Old

Default 12-25-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Merry Christmas everyone... Terry i donít know if you ever answered this question or anyone else can answer this whenever they have a chance.. is a jb4 tund Sliver Sport faster than a fully stock red sport? Or in my case my sliver sport with all the mods against a stock Red Sport. Thanks, I actually just want to know for reference
Itís actually depends how much hangover each driver has after Christmas..
(#1798)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 12-25-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Nice safety feature. Good to know. Thanks Terry!
(#1799)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-25-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Depends how aggressively it's tuned. I think it would be close on JB4 map2+ on 93+ octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#1800)
Old

Default 12-25-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Depends how aggressively it's tuned. I think it would be close on JB4 map2+ on 93+ octane.
whenever you get a chance post the map 2 settings.. would like to compare it to my map 6 settings, thanks