N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4026)
Old

Car: 2016 q50 vr30
Default 04-02-2019, 08:09 AM

Terry, can you checkout my log, quick map 7 pull on around e30
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2019-03-31 01_31_10_Map-7.xls (35.0 KB, 164 views)
(#4027)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-02-2019, 10:43 AM

Just a heads up, within the next few weeks I'll be doing a cheap LSD upgrade on the RWD model. I'll post up my install pics and impressions. Much cheaper than Z1/AMS. Stay tuned.
(#4028)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 04-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Just a heads up, within the next few weeks I'll be doing a cheap LSD upgrade on the RWD model. I'll post up my install pics and impressions. Much cheaper than Z1/AMS. Stay tuned.
Wavetrac’s LSD is a tall price point for sure. Are you opting for a slightly higher ratio vs stock ?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM3.5’s
  • Pure Stage 2 Turbos
  • Z1 PU Motor Mounts
  • AMS HX w/ Aux Tank & IC Pump
  • AMS HPFP (RA338) & LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • Fast Intentions Res. Touring 2.5” CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • EcuTek Flash (Seb @ Specialty Z)
(#4029)
Old

Default 04-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Wavetrac’s LSD is a tall price point for sure. Are you opting for a slightly higher ratio vs stock ?
I'm happy with the stock gear ratio and appreciate the gas mileage I'm getting. I don't want the car having to shift to 5th at the top of the drag strip. I just want the full power going to both tires
(#4030)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjhouse
Terry, can you checkout my log, quick map 7 pull on around e30
Need the orignal CSV to open it in the JB4 windows interface.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4031)
Old

Default 04-02-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Need the orignal CSV to open it in the JB4 windows interface.
hopefully this works
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-31 01_31_10_Map-7.csv (10.6 KB, 83 views)
(#4032)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50
Default 04-02-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
version 7 is the latest. Once you make a pull you go to logs and click on the correct log and when the window pops asking you to either view or export etc. it will show you the 0-60. At least thats how it is for Android.

for me theres no option to see 0-60 on ios.
(#4033)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjhouse
hopefully this works
Looks OK, but fuel wires might make sense for this application to lean AFR out a bit up top there.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4034)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 04-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Terry can you check this log? Looks like my JB4 stopped requesting boost over ecu psi. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-02 22_21_31 map-2.csv (12.9 KB, 79 views)

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#4035)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Terry can you check this log? Looks like my JB4 stopped requesting boost over ecu psi. Thanks
Vehicle wasn't warmed up. Coolant temp dropped below 160 degrees disabling boost control. It's a safety feature.
(#4036)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 818eddyq50
for me theres no option to see 0-60 on ios.
Odd, others can see it.
(#4037)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I had driven for a while, but apparently it wasn’t long enough in 40 degree temperatures.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#4038)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Looks OK, but fuel wires might make sense for this application to lean AFR out a bit up top there.
Cool, ive got the fuel wires just havent installed yet since im going back and forth with the dealer for now. Meth and fuel wire will be in the near future. thanks.
(#4039)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Working on updating our JB4 guide. Need some engine bay photos of the JB4 harness plugged in and also showing JB4 control box placement. Ideally on a stock engine bay. Our development cars have intakes on and too lazy to remove them.

Burger Motorsports

(#4040)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Silver Sport
Default Map 2 Log - 04-03-2019, 10:27 AM

Terry could you take a look, first logged map with JB4. 18' silver Q50 rwd, ams down *****,93 oct, fuel wires, map 2 & manual 3rd to 4th pull
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-02 20_40_30_Map-2.csv (6.7 KB, 129 views)
(#4041)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Rolls
Terry could you take a look, first logged map with JB4. 18' silver Q50 rwd, ams down *****,93 oct, fuel wires, map 2 & manual 3rd to 4th pull
Short log but looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4042)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 03:20 PM

Hi Terry, how does this short pull look to you?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-21 15_16_58 map-6.csv (7.9 KB, 82 views)

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#4043)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry, how does this short pull look to you?
Seems fine to me

Burger Motorsports

(#4044)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSlvrSport
Hi All , I am new to this community and recently installed my JB4 on my 2019 Silver Sport. I have a few logs that I would love for someone to review as I have some boost concerns. If you could point me in the right direction much would be appreciated. -thanks man

As a side note, is there a place where I can find a comprehensive explanation of all the features of the JB4? I would like to understand my own logs and what is happening to the car.

Lastly, any shops in North Jersey anyone could recommend for Dyno and tune on the JB4.
Just post the logs here if you want us to check them out.

While we're not in the training to read log business, but there some threads around you can get the basics from if you want to start learning.

Burger Motorsports

(#4045)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Working on updating our JB4 guide. Need some engine bay photos of the JB4 harness plugged in and also showing JB4 control box placement. Ideally on a stock engine bay. Our development cars have intakes on and too lazy to remove them.
Bump.

Burger Motorsports

(#4046)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 04-04-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Bump.
Terry I sent you an email with some pics
(#4047)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2019, 06:26 PM

Thanks but need them with the JB4 style larger enclosure.

Burger Motorsports

(#4048)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 04-05-2019, 07:30 AM

I can try to crop out the intakes because we have twin cars

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4049)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
I can try to crop out the intakes because we have twin cars
The other thing is I want a car without fuel wires for these photos.. Picky, I know. But if the photos don't match what customers get they become confused.

Burger Motorsports

(#4050)
Old

Car: Q50 SS
Default 04-05-2019, 09:13 AM

@Terry can you please take a look at these logs. Both are 3rd gear pulls starting at about 2k rpm.

Mods: jb4 with fuel wires, stillen intakes, megan ldp
Map: 6
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-03-03 22_58_52_Map-6 (1).csv (12.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: csv 0_2019-03-03 22_59_16_Map-6 (1).csv (7.0 KB, 66 views)