N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 08-21-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ijunkie
I can test today if you lmk where it is in I8A0S...
PM me your email, I have I8AOS ready.

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
(#52)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-21-2015, 08:06 AM

Will this also block the kick down behavior while in gear in Auto mode?

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#53)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
Will this also block the kick down behavior while in gear in Auto mode?
No idea. I have it sent to two I8AOS users to test and report back.

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
(#54)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 08-21-2015, 10:14 AM

Kickdown kill works (on 6AT)! Simply Set voltage trigger to 5V and it never overrides 'your wishes'. Drive and Sport work as normal and downshift on you as they normally would if youre in a high gear and roll into throttle. Manual mode holds gear you choose forever now! Thanks Jyamona...

Also as far as DCT goes, i dont see this affecting launch control in any form or fashion. Its not changing anything with the TPS or throttle mapping in any form or fashion. WOT is still WOT and thats all the launch control looks to see. WOT just now doesnt also trigger a kickdown.
(#55)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 08-21-2015, 10:14 AM

jake

please! please!

send me definitions with gear ratio,
i have swapped to MT and left AT diff

levanime at gmail

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#56)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Kickdown kill works (on 6AT)! Simply Set voltage trigger to 5V and it never overrides 'your wishes'. Drive and Sport work as normal and downshift on you as they normally would if youre in a high gear and roll into throttle. Manual mode holds gear you choose forever now! Thanks Jyamona...

Also as far as DCT goes, i dont see this affecting launch control in any form or fashion. Its not changing anything with the TPS or throttle mapping in any form or fashion. WOT is still WOT and thats all the launch control looks to see. WOT just now doesnt also trigger a kickdown.
Boom! This will be released shortly to all =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
jake

please! please!

send me definitions with gear ratio,
i have swapped to MT and left AT diff

levanime at gmail
I am finishing a large XDF update today. Everything will be released soon.

(#57)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 10:27 AM

perfect

please, include errors ive posted

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#58)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
perfect

please, include errors ive posted
I may have missed them. Can you list them all here?

(#59)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 11:05 AM

sure, i needed them after disabling rear O2 s

2C7E at 5A184 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 1)
2C7F at 5A198 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 2)
2C6A at 58604 (lambda probe behind catalytic converter, muddled) (btw, not correctly described here http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/N54_codes.pdf)
2C9E at 59158 (Control heater sensor after *** bank1)
2C9F at 5916C (Control heater sensor after *** bank2)

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#60)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
sure

2C7E at 5A184 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 1)
2C7F at 5A198 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 2)
2C6A at 58604 (lambda probe behind catalytic converter, muddled) (btw, not correctly described here http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/N54_codes.pdf)
2C9E at 59158 (Control heater sensor after *** bank1)
2C9F at 5916C (Control heater sensor after *** bank2)
Ok. I will see what I can do. If I do not have time to add them this update, they will be included in the next.

I do recommend keeping your rear O2 sensors for now though. I would not remove them until that logic path can be turned off completely.

(#61)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 08-21-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Incorrect. Launch control for DCT requires that the kickdown button is engaged so disabling it would disable your ability to go into LC mode. I have a kick down blocker in now and I can achieve 99.8% pedal but still not engage launch control. Remove the blocker and press the pedal to where you engage the button and LC mode will start.

Jake, if you want a tester for a 335is INA0S_IS DCT let me know.

335is DCT
(#62)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 08-21-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
Incorrect. Launch control for DCT requires that the kickdown button is engaged so disabling it would disable your ability to go into LC mode. I have a kick down blocker in now and I can achieve 99.8% pedal but still not engage launch control. Remove the blocker and press the pedal to where you engage the button and LC mode will start.

Jake, if you want a tester for a 335is INA0S_IS DCT let me know.
I wonder if its button based or pedal voltage based. Im pretty sure the button is just there as a dummy but it may be functional. Either way the button is still pressed now it just doesnt fire a 'kickdown'
(#63)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I wonder if its button based or pedal voltage based. Im pretty sure the button is just there as a dummy but it may be functional. Either way the button is still pressed now it just doesnt fire a 'kickdown'
Jake may know for sure but I know with the DCT the button has to be physically depressed to get LC mode to activate. I can achieve 100% pedal (reads as like 99.8% on MHD but 100% on JB4) and still not be pressing the kick down button. I drive around with a kick down blocker all the time since LC is just something that really only needs to be available at a track. I will test the flash parameter and see once it is available.

335is DCT
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
Jake may know for sure but I know with the DCT the button has to be physically depressed. I can achieve 100% pedal (reads as like 99.8% on MHD but 100% on JB4) and still not be pressing the kick down button. I drive around with a kick down blocker all the time since LC is just something that really only needs to be available at a track. I will test the flash parameter and see once it is available.
It would depend whether the launch mode is using kick down status or another status to enable. You won't know until someone finds the same table in a DCT file and tests it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#65)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It would depend whether the launch mode is using kick down status or another status to enable. You won't know until someone finds the same table in a DCT file and tests it.
Should be easy to find now that the table has been defined in I8A0S. Few minutes with a hex editor and it could be up and running for INA0S

I am not sure if the TCU comes into play as well since we can hit the kick down switch with DSC off and still not enable LC but it will enable with DTC on. I suspect that with the voltage set to 5v you will not be able to engage LC mode but I will test to find out for sure.

335is DCT
(#66)
Old

Default 08-23-2015, 12:28 AM

No XDF Update = No Happiness

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#67)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-23-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
PM me your email.
pm'd but no reply

2010 335ix - speedtech 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils
(#68)
Old

Default 08-24-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
No XDF Update = No Happiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
pm'd but no reply
Sorry guys, I don't "forum" much on the weekends, too busy. NYT, I missed your PM as I didn't get an email notification for it. It's been tested though, so no worries.

IJEOS has been sent to Martial. He will run his script to define all new tables in the other roms and it will be published asap.

(#69)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 09:01 AM

XDF Progress Update!

The following updates have been published to the XDF GitHub

New Table Additions:
- Transmission/ Gear Ratio Calculation
- Transmission/ Kickdown Pedal Recognition Voltage
- Transmission/ Kickdown Pedal Recognition Hysteresis
- Spark Dwell/ Dwell Time
- INAOS: MAP Voltage (V) axis

Existing Table Fixes
- renamed table to: Cold Start Duration
- Torque Request/ Requested Torque (Driver): scaling fixed to be a %, instead of a lb-ft value

Still in Active Testing / Development
- Load by Gear
- Single Bank O2
- ADV Lambda Sensor Support

Also, some info to go with these new tables! For the gear ratio calc table, if you are 6MT and have switched to the 3.46 final drive, you will want to change these values. I have done some testing on this, to get my car to report the correct gear. I have ended up w/ the following (attached)

For the Kickdown tables, you can simply set the Recognition Voltage table to 4.998V. You can leave the hysteresis alone, it was just added for completeness.

For Spark Dwell, this has not been tested yet, but I added in hopes those with the correct equipment to test before / after changes will take advantage of it. Do not mess with this table if you do not know what you are doing, and cannot scope the coils to monitor changes!
Attached Images

(#70)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
XDF Progress Update!

For Spark Dwell, this has not been tested yet, but I added in hopes those with the correct equipment to test before / after changes will take advantage of it. Do not mess with this table if you do not know what you are doing, and cannot scope the coils to monitor changes!
I have a scope. What do you want to see?

Also, why not put that under ignition?

2010 335ix - speedtech 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils
(#71)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
I have a scope. What do you want to see?

Also, why not put that under ignition?
I would like to see the ms value of dwell with the stock table, vs. a small change to the 14V and 16V columns to make sure this is the base table for a spark dwell increase. Stock is around 2.3ms when warm, revving.

Cold, startup, idle, and maybe light cruise use a multi-spark mode so dwell is different. No reason to change that, we are mostly interested in increasing dwell time at higher loads / rpm / boost to see if it can be improved.

It wasn't placed under Ignition yet as it is WIP. There are many more tables related to spark / dwell in the DME too, so as needed they will be added to their own folder for the time being. It also makes it easier to push certain items from my private GitHub to the public one, if they are by folder.

(#72)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I would like to see the ms value of dwell with the stock table, vs. a small change to the 14V and 16V columns to make sure this is the base table for a spark dwell increase. Stock is around 2.3ms when warm, revving.

Cold, startup, idle, and maybe light cruise use a multi-spark mode so dwell is different. No reason to change that, we are mostly interested in increasing dwell time at higher loads / rpm / boost to see if it can be improved.

It wasn't placed under Ignition yet as it is WIP. There are many more tables related to spark / dwell in the DME too, so as needed they will be added to their own folder for the time being. It also makes it easier to push certain items from my private GitHub to the public one, if they are by folder.
I'll try to measure the current and voltage with my scope at some point soon. It's raining right now and my garage is a mess. That said, if these values are even close to generating a full coil charge, I don't think there's much point modifying this table unless you're running different coils . It looks mapped out well.

Also, do you know if there's another table, like dwell time percent based on rpm and/or load?

Last edited by nyt; 08-25-2015 at 10:39 AM..
(#73)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
I'll try to measure the current and voltage with my scope at some point soon. It's raining right now and my garage is a mess. That said, if these values are even close to generating a full coil charge, I don't think there's much point modifying this table unless you're running different coils . It looks mapped out well.

Also, do you know if there's another table, like dwell time percent based on rpm and/or load?
Well that's what I'm trying to see! Hopefully there is a bit of headroom with factory coils, as they did not need to support the type of boost we are seeing now. If not, it may allow the use of other coils. Win / win.

And no, this is the only 3D dwell table I have seen. Battery Voltage vs. RPM. Load shouldn't really matter, as a stronger charge (if needed for higher load), won't hurt anything at lower load.

(#74)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Well that's what I'm trying to see! Hopefully there is a bit of headroom with factory coils, as they did not need to support the type of boost we are seeing now. If not, it may allow the use of other coils. Win / win.

And no, this is the only 3D dwell table I have seen. Battery Voltage vs. RPM. Load shouldn't really matter, as a stronger charge (if needed for higher load), won't hurt anything at lower load.
Was just curious as I've seen other platforms map out the max dwell time with rpm vs voltage then have another table for what percentage of that to use.

I'll try and scope this out soon. I have a current probe so hopefully we can get a good idea of what's going on. It might have to wait until the weekend depending on my work load.

(#75)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Also, some info to go with these new tables! For the gear ratio calc table, if you are 6MT and have switched to the 3.46 final drive, you will want to change these values. I have done some testing on this, to get my car to report the correct gear. I have ended up w/ the following (attached)
Jake,

so, you are MT with 3.46 gear ratio and that numbers are correct for your case, right?

also,
Title text for error 2C77 and 2C7C are same
so are title texts for 2C79 and 2C7B

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD

Last edited by Levan-i; 08-25-2015 at 11:09 AM..