N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: BMW 135i _ JB 4rd
Default 07-24-2015, 03:47 AM

Good work Jake, donated!

2009 E82 135i MT | JB4 G5 ISO * TREBILA Performance Custom flash * cp-e CP / Forge Performance DVs * BMS DCI * WAGNER FMIC * Xcede Performance *** * ***** Mids * BMS OCC * BMS Thermostat * BMS CDV * BMS Clutch Stop * RB PCV
(#27)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 n55 xDrive 6MT
Default 07-24-2015, 07:24 AM

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I get "Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)".

Any idea why?

-Bryan

2011 E92 N55 xDrive 6MT
Pure Stg 2 | DV+ | Pure inlet | MHD/JB4
Stage 2 lpfp | BMS Intake | Shifteck 4-inch "expansion chamber" | MXP catback
VRSF 7" FMIC | ECS 2-piece rotors
255/40-18 square | 8.5x18 ET35
Fortune Auto MSC-1 coilovers 8k/10k
(#28)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 07-24-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryj00
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I get "Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)".

Any idea why?

-Bryan
Download the full zip, not the individual files
(#29)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 07-26-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
Quick question,

Is it possible misfire detection for bank 2 is defined incorrectly for ije0s? Have it set to 1, but am still able to trigger misfire cyl 6 codes.

It is possible. I will add it to the list of things to double check on / fix.

Thank you!
Just a heads up on this, it's possible that the tables are swapped or that the ECU wants both set to disable misfire detection. I was only disabling misfire detection on bank 2. Once I enabled it on bank 1 as well, no more 6400rpm misfires on cyl 6. I wonder if the cas is picking up some noise from #6 or something, but that's another issue entirely.

2010 335ix - speedtech 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils

Last edited by nyt; 07-26-2015 at 12:22 PM..
(#30)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 n55 xDrive 6MT
Default 07-27-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
Download the full zip, not the individual files
Got it, sir. Thank you.

2011 E92 N55 xDrive 6MT
Pure Stg 2 | DV+ | Pure inlet | MHD/JB4
Stage 2 lpfp | BMS Intake | Shifteck 4-inch "expansion chamber" | MXP catback
VRSF 7" FMIC | ECS 2-piece rotors
255/40-18 square | 8.5x18 ET35
Fortune Auto MSC-1 coilovers 8k/10k
(#31)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 07-29-2015, 05:36 AM

Hi Jake,

could you please add this error codes to the definitions?
these are for disabling behind *** O2s

2C7E at 5A184 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 1)
2C7F at 5A198 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 2)
2C6A at 58604 (lambda probe behind catalytic converter, muddled) (btw, not correctly described here http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/N54_codes.pdf)
2C9E at 59158 (Control heater sensor after *** bank1)
2C9F at 5916C (Control heater sensor after *** bank2)

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD

Last edited by Levan-i; 07-29-2015 at 05:43 AM..
(#32)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 08-07-2015, 01:45 AM

Jake, any updates on this?

I can't wait for the table for gear ratio

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#33)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 08-08-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:

If you have a 6MT, you can use the idle tables to raise you idle and get rid of the SMFW rattle that annoys everyone.

This is great! Thank you all for the work on this platform!

1///M - JB4, MHD E85, Akra ***, Lightweight titanium exhaust, ATM fmic, TFT chargepipe, Tial Q bov, MMP Inlets, Fuel-it Stage 2, KW V3, Stoptech Trophy BBK, Mishimoto Radiator, Rogue short shifter, Vorshlag camber plates, E93 front swaybar, tranny mounts, BMS titanium lug bolts, Toyo R888
(#34)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 08-19-2015, 12:32 PM

Just a little update for you guys. I know this was requested awhile back, but I finally figured out what to look for and was able to find it: Kickdown Pedal tables for you AT guys =)

You won't have to worry about it anymore, and can get rid of the hardware solution!

It is two tables, a main Voltage which triggers kickdown, and a hysteresis voltage.

To eliminate kickdown, I would set the main voltage to 4.998V (max value, FF hex), and the hysteresis to 0.000V, that way it should never be reached.

I will submit this IJEOS finding to Martial so he can run his script to find in the other 3 ROM versions, then it will be published to the GitHub along w/ a few tweaks, fixes.

Here is a screenshot teaser:
Attached Images

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
(#35)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 08-19-2015, 12:38 PM

hell yea ^^^^ will this be implemented into the backend flashes eventually?

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#36)
Old

Default 08-19-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarmarji
hell yea ^^^^ will this be implemented into the backend flashes eventually?
Terry can implement it easily if he wants, it's just two values to change.

Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
(#37)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-19-2015, 01:04 PM

Bravo!

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Terry can implement it easily if he wants, it's just two values to change.
Did you verify it works yet? The pedal outputs two voltages to the DME. One is half the value of the other. I don't know if the DME keeps separate tables for each but its easy to find out by adjusting the voltage up to say 5v and seeing what happens when you press the kick down. Don't think the hystereous matters.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#39)
Old

Default 08-19-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Did you verify it works yet? The pedal outputs two voltages to the DME. One is half the value of the other. I don't know if the DME keeps separate tables for each but its easy to find out by adjusting the voltage up to say 5v and seeing what happens when you press the kick down. Don't think the hystereous matters.
I haven't personally verified, but per the logic, it is correct. There are two "filtered pedal values", channel one and channel 2. Also, channel two has more jitters, so only channel 1 is used to compare to the kickdown value.

(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2015, 01:23 PM

The second signal is exactly half the voltage of the first and used as a redundant check. But it's possible or even likely the kick down only uses the high voltage and that changing that table will block the kick down. Just worth a pro check before release IMHO in case something "bad" happens.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#41)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 08-19-2015, 01:42 PM

I'm so glad i've sent the MSD80 damos files and winols to Jake few months ago...
I'd not have been able to make such progress myself.

Can't wait the Direct Injection tables.

thanks again Jake for all your time involved in this project.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#42)
Old

Default 08-19-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The second signal is exactly half the voltage of the first and used as a redundant check. But it's possible or even likely the kick down only uses the high voltage and that changing that table will block the kick down. Just worth a pro check before release IMHO in case something "bad" happens.
You have an IJEOS AT car and want to test the two tables? Set main to 4.998V and Hysteresis to 0

(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2015, 03:02 PM

Sure I can test it out next time I load a flash on the car. Not sure why you'd change the hysteresis. Just moving the voltage to 4.8 or something should do if its the right table.

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-19-2015, 03:18 PM

I'll test it if you want. Loading in some flash changes tomorrow most likely.

2010 335ix - speedtech 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils
(#45)
Old

Car: Bmw N54 335
Default 08-20-2015, 01:01 AM

May i ask, what happens if this is bypassed and you want to engage launch control?

I have/had a bms kickdown blocker on my car, and had to remove it because my launch control wouldnt engage with the hardware blocking the switch.... its a catch 22, do you prevent the annoying downshifts, or not be able to engage the launch control
(#46)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default XDF - 08-20-2015, 11:08 PM

I guys, I can't open these XDF files.
I am getting a Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.
(#47)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Car: 335i
Default 08-21-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrS24
I am getting a Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)

Thank you.
try it

https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDF...ive/master.zip

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#48)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-21-2015, 02:33 AM

Quote:

Thank you.
Make sure you download the ZIP file, and then extract the files onto your pc.

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#49)
Old

Default 08-21-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
I'll test it if you want. Loading in some flash changes tomorrow most likely.
PM me your email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh_n54
May i ask, what happens if this is bypassed and you want to engage launch control?

I have/had a bms kickdown blocker on my car, and had to remove it because my launch control wouldnt engage with the hardware blocking the switch.... its a catch 22, do you prevent the annoying downshifts, or not be able to engage the launch control
I would think launch control may still work. The physical kickdown blocker stops the pedal from traveling the extra distance. This table change just ups the voltage that triggers kickdown out of the way. Hopefully launch control logic uses a separate voltage trigger =) We will know quickly when someone tests.

Quote:

Thank you.
Yep, you need to download the full zip.

(#50)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 08-21-2015, 07:27 AM

I can test today if you lmk where it is in I8A0S...