Quote:
Originally Posted by khalidss
Can you check my log please. 98 Octane, Map5, C43
intake + down-pipe

speed: 60-115 Mph
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#902)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-25-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie644
Bumped my map back up to Map5 and things don't look so hot IMO.

1) It looks like the engine is running really lean on the 0-60 pulls, especially in 1st gear.

2) I'm also getting boost cut between 1st and 2nd and ignition spikes way up (about 25, unusual)

3) Everything just looks a little wonky.

Running E33 with the green wire hooked up.
AFR and fuel trims look good. On the 1st->2nd looks like boost is going over target a touch or its over-revving a touch. Try setting 1st gear to 2psi to see if reducing boost at the launch helps that.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#903)
Old

Car: W205 C43 2017
Default 03-25-2020, 08:03 PM

Terry, thanks for the quick response. Not positive what you mean by setting 1st gear to 2psi, AFIK we don't have boost by gear for c43 yet?

If I ramp up boost slower b/w 0-4k RPM could that help (since only 1st gear used that RPM range generally)? Also, are Map 6 values initially the same as Map 5? (I'm sure this has been answered somewhere)
(#904)
Old

Car: W205 C43 2017
Default 03-26-2020, 12:02 PM

Although I do see "Max Boost 1st (0 Disables)" in the JB4 app settings now which I don't think was there prior to the update (or I just never noticed it). Is this enabled on the C43?

Also, I answered my questions about Map 5&6. Map 5 is far more aggressive than default Map 6

*** Update ***

After digging around I found in the C63 section there was a mention of this "boost by gear" type behavior. Couple issues. One, unlike the description in the C63 section it does not reduce the PSI by the value it's set to, but as its label implies, it limits the boost target to that amount. So I tried '1' and instead of my target being 6 (7 - 1) it was 1..

More importantly, the boost by gear works off the MPH parameter which unfortunately is calibrated I believe for either the 7 gear trans in the C63 and C450's, or to 18-inch wheels (likely the former).

Either way, my PSI is limited partially into 2nd (9G-Tronic and 19 inch wheels, 1st ends around 22MPH, 2nd around 44, and 3rd at about 65, decently off what this is calibrated at).

Could you guys not add some logic that looks at MPH and RPM to determine gear? Or possibly allow users to indicate their vehicle?

Happy to bring my C43 in if it helps (obviously lockdown is done)

Last edited by aussie644; 03-27-2020 at 05:32 PM..
(#905)
Old

Car: C450 AMG
Default Green wire - 05-02-2020, 04:20 PM

Installed JB4 on my C450 and wanted to confirm green wire is not applicable. Used instructions straight from Burger website.

Thanks!

Also, will any updates (need to check my version) affect performance across different platforms (e.g. C43 revisions to C450)?
(#906)
Old

Car: AMG C43
Default 05-24-2020, 12:23 AM

Could someone point me to which post in this thread shows the initial/baseline WMI settings. Been going through all the pages but can’t seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
(#907)
Old

Car: C450 AMG
Default 05-27-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TModell
Could someone point me to which post in this thread shows the initial/baseline WMI settings. Been going through all the pages but canít seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
Might want to create a thread by itself for your answer. I had a quicker response rather in this thread.
(#908)
Old

Car: W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642
Default 06-03-2020, 08:55 AM

@Terry or anyone else from BMS. I'm in the process of purchasing an odb2 flash module to activate some other (non engine related items) on my 2015 E400 running a JB4 for the last 10 months. They've indicated that they can also flash the ECU and bump up the stock power to about 395HP peak, which is pretty much the standard all other ECU tuners I've seen provide for my engine (333HP standard). I figured running the two concurrently is a bad idea, so I'm planning on declining the ECU flash, but I wanted to check here to see if anyone is running this stuff concurrently and if so, what combination and results? I have no desire to blow up the engine..
(#909)
Old

Car: C300
Default 06-07-2020, 04:51 PM

Is there any updated installation/removal guides for 2019+ C300 models? reason is I have a service coming up soon and can't seem to reach the wire under the intake.
(#910)
Old

Car: 2019 C300
Default 06-07-2020, 10:34 PM

https://imgur.com/a/tixixAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy
Is there any updated installation/removal guides for 2019+ C300 models? reason is I have a service coming up soon and can't seem to reach the wire under the intake.
Here’s some pictures. It’s pretty easy if you can maneuver your hands around some of the hoses.
(#911)
Old

Car: C300
Thumbs up 06-08-2020, 04:14 PM

Got it thanks
(#912)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2020, 01:52 PM

Made a small batch of flapper bypass plugs to see if they might be a viable product. If anyone needs some could use your feedback.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...r-bypass-plugs

Burger Motorsports

(#913)
Old

Car: MB 2015 C250 211HP
Default 2015 MB C250 ********+K&N - 06-29-2020, 06:41 PM

HELLO TERRY;
CAN YOU CHECK WHAT'S GOING ON, PLEASE?
Map0.csv

Map1.csv

Map2.csv
(#914)
Old

Default 2015 MB C250 ********+k&n - 06-29-2020, 07:00 PM

Pictures of logs
Attached Images

(#915)
Old

Car: 2016 C450
Default 07-13-2020, 09:43 AM

Hi I've been researching the JB4 quite a bit . Seems this will suit my needs at this point. Is it save to say that MAP 1 will be adequate for a stock C450.

I plan on installing the BMS intake in the future then probably play with map 2 , but also 93+ octane isn't available around me anywhere. Should I just stick with Map 1 designed for 91+ octane ?

Also, other than the jb4 module what else would I need to purchase to get it installed and working in my C450

Thanks in advance
(#916)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 03:44 PM

Map1 is a good starting point for 91. Some cars can run map2 on it others need to mix in E85 to get good performance from map2.

We suggest the JB4 mobile adapter or data cable to allow map changes, firmware changes, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#917)
Old

Default 07-14-2020, 05:39 AM

GOOD MORNING TERRY;
I INSTALLED JB4 OBDII EQUIPPED + DOWN-PIPE + K&N FILTER IN 2015 MB C250.
I ONLY CONNECTED THE CONNECTION A (RAINBOW WIRE TO TMAP) AND OBD.
ON MAP 0 THE VEHICLE WORKS NORMALLY, BUT ON MAPS 1 AND 2 THE ENGINE TOTALLY LOSES POWER ON ARRIVING AT 5000RPM.
I HAVE THE IMPRESSION THAT THE ENGINE GOES IN SAFETY MODE BUT NO WARNING APPEARS ON THE PANEL OR IN THE READING OF FAULT CODES.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT MAY BE HAPPENING AND HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
THANKS
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map0.csv (10.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: csv Map1.csv (6.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv Map2.csv (8.0 KB, 39 views)
(#918)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2020, 01:12 PM

Short logs but boost looks OK. On the C250 I suspect it's an under boost fault code from not having the brown connector installed, some models are more sensitive with that than others.

You could also try setting map6 values all to 1.5psi and logging map6.

Burger Motorsports

(#919)
Old

Default 07-15-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map1 is a good starting point for 91. Some cars can run map2 on it others need to mix in E85 to get good performance from map2.

We suggest the JB4 mobile adapter or data cable to allow map changes, firmware changes, etc.
So it's ok to run 91 on map2 just I won't see much performance gain? I've actually found a place that has 94, 96 and 100 near me. I'm just getting all the ducks in a row for the future.
(#920)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2020, 02:20 PM

You can try map2 on 91 octane, may wind up being slower though than map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#921)
Old

Default 07-15-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can try map2 on 91 octane, may wind up being slower though than map1.
Last one , sorry for being such a noobie- With the app is it advisable or appropriate to switch maps when I want to drive using higher octane?

Let's say on a Saturday the boys want to hit the canyons, and I want to use a higher map , can I just switch using the app? Then back to say Map 1 , just to use the 91 octane incase I can't find any around me the next day?
(#922)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2020, 06:08 PM

Yes change maps whenever you want, especially when running higher octane fuel, E85 mix, or octane booster! When the fuel is gone and you're back on pump just drop back down to a pump map.

Burger Motorsports

(#923)
Old

Car: C450 AMG 2016
Default 07-16-2020, 04:46 PM

I have a mercedes c450 with the jb4 tune. My car does not come stock with launch control. Is there an anti lag kit for my jb4 for my car?
(#924)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzahalka
I have a mercedes c450 with the jb4 tune. My car does not come stock with launch control. Is there an anti lag kit for my jb4 for my car?
We don't have an anti-lag system out but you should be able to brake boost it?

Burger Motorsports

(#925)
Old

Car: W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642
Default 08-03-2020, 07:09 PM

Would be great to find a solution without manual brake boosting. For those that are in the same boat, what is the magic combo of brake boosting and RPM to achieve the best launch? My E400 goes like stink once the computer decides it's time to actually go, but it seems like there's a half second delay between flooring it and it deciding to do something at a stoplight.