N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
PR3CI5N335i's Avatar
PR3CI5N335i PR3CI5N335i is offline
Need4Speed
 
Posts: 1,083
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default AW 2010 E90 LCI 335i M-sport on Apex Arc-8 Hyper Silver - 01-30-2015, 09:14 PM

Ordered these from EAS and finally had a chance to get them installed today. I ended up going hyper silver because dark wheels seem to popping up a lot lately and I wanted a different look. I couldn't be happier with the result

18x8.5 ET38 with 235 40 PSS + 5mm spacer
18x9.5 ET35 with 265 35 PSS
Attached Images
        

Last edited by PR3CI5N335i; 01-13-2016 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
dak970 dak970 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2011 BMW 335d E90
Default re: car - 05-03-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
Ordered these from EAS and finally had a chance to get them installed today. I ended up going hyper silver because dark wheels seem to popping up a lot lately and I wanted a different look. I couldn't be happier with the result

18x8.5 ET38 with 235 40 PSS + 5mm spacer
18x9.5 ET35 with 265 35 PSS
Nice ride! What suspension mods did you go with? And what brand tires are those? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
PR3CI5N335i's Avatar
PR3CI5N335i PR3CI5N335i is offline
Need4Speed
 
Posts: 1,083
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 05-03-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak970
Nice ride! What suspension mods did you go with? And what brand tires are those? Thanks!
Thank man! I have Koni yellow shocks/struts and H&R sport springs with rolled rear fenders. I use Michelin PSS tires.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Sir Jake Sir Jake is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 43
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2011 335xi E92
Default 05-10-2015, 03:36 PM

Those look great, I was going to go with dark tires as it looks great with our AW cars however it's to common now like you said.

Have you looked at doing the roof black? I just did this with my E92 and loving it!
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
dak970 dak970 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2011 BMW 335d E90
Default rooftop mod - 05-10-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jake
Those look great, I was going to go with dark tires as it looks great with our AW cars however it's to common now like you said.

Have you looked at doing the roof black? I just did this with my E92 and loving it!

That's awesome, any pics yet? Would love to see man!

Also, did you do the black vinyl wrap, or did you use Plasti Dip? I have seen both done on youtube.

Thanks!
David
Northern VA
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
dak970 dak970 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2011 BMW 335d E90
Default Koni's - 05-10-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
Thank man! I have Koni yellow shocks/struts and H&R sport springs with rolled rear fenders. I use Michelin PSS tires.
How are the Koni Yellows and the H&R sport springs working out for you? Is it way better than OEM? Better than M Sport setup? Not sure which you had originally before the Koni's. On a scale of 1 to 10, in terms of stiffness, would you say that the setup you have now (suspension) is like a 7 or 8?

Who did the install?

Thanks man!!!
David
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Sir Jake Sir Jake is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 43
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2011 335xi E92
Default 05-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak970
That's awesome, any pics yet? Would love to see man!

Also, did you do the black vinyl wrap, or did you use Plasti Dip? I have seen both done on youtube.

Thanks!
David
Northern VA
Yeah just posted up one picture today here, I'll take some more this week in a better location.
I went with the Plasti dip however I'd suggest vinyl wrap for anyone. I had my cousin do the dip it's great however had one run because we didn't take the fin off which I'd suggest if doing so however it looks great. I think Vinyl can just be a bit cleaner looking.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
dak970 dak970 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2011 BMW 335d E90
Default re: roof plastic dip - 05-10-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jake
Yeah just posted up one picture today here, I'll take some more this week in a better location.
I went with the Plasti dip however I'd suggest vinyl wrap for anyone. I had my cousin do the dip it's great however had one run because we didn't take the fin off which I'd suggest if doing so however it looks great. I think Vinyl can just be a bit cleaner looking.

Totally understand, as I've heard that before too. However, from the one pic you posted, it doesn't look bad. Would love to see more pics though. The Coral Red looks great too. Also, the good thing about plasti dip, you can always re-do it.

Yeah, I was thinking about taking off the shark fin too before I did mine.

Thanks bro,
David
2011 BMW 335d E90 LCI
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
PR3CI5N335i's Avatar
PR3CI5N335i PR3CI5N335i is offline
Need4Speed
 
Posts: 1,083
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 05-10-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jake
Those look great, I was going to go with dark tires as it looks great with our AW cars however it's to common now like you said.

Have you looked at doing the roof black? I just did this with my E92 and loving it!
Appreciate it. I've thought of rapping my roof black. Looks great on certain cars but it's not for me.

Last edited by PR3CI5N335i; 01-13-2016 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
PR3CI5N335i's Avatar
PR3CI5N335i PR3CI5N335i is offline
Need4Speed
 
Posts: 1,083
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 05-10-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak970
How are the Koni Yellows and the H&R sport springs working out for you? Is it way better than OEM? Better than M Sport setup? Not sure which you had originally before the Koni's. On a scale of 1 to 10, in terms of stiffness, would you say that the setup you have now (suspension) is like a 7 or 8?

Who did the install?

Thanks man!!!
David
Absolutely love my suspension setup. I daily drive my car which is why I didn't go with coils plus I never auto cross my car. Just drag and roll race events. I think it's much better than the OEM setup. More stable feeling, less body roll and of course a much more aggressive look. Stiffness wise I'd say you're spot on, 7-8 seems about right.
I originally had the H&R sport springs installed on my stock struts/shocks but couldn't stand the ride quality. 2 weeks later I added the Koni yellows. I got the springs installed at LTMW and my struts/shocks installed at "Modbargains".
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Murph335's Avatar
Murph335 Murph335 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 87
Join Date: Aug 2010
Car: White E90 335i
Default 09-05-2015, 07:15 AM

Is that a profile 1 in front and a profile 2 out back?



SOLD Tesla Model S - white/blk, piano, air suspension, 21"
SOLD E93 - RB's - PTF - 4242lbs +242rwhp/+234rwtq tuning never ending tuning.
'15 Tesla P85D Insane Mode
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
PR3CI5N335i's Avatar
PR3CI5N335i PR3CI5N335i is offline
Need4Speed
 
Posts: 1,083
Join Date: Nov 2011
Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 09-05-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335
Is that a profile 1 in front and a profile 2 out back?
1 up front, 3 in the back
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com