N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: VW Polo GTI
Default 09-04-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussaye
Hi Guys. New to the forum...Thought I'd share my dyno results with you guys.

Vehicle: 2018 Polo GTI 2.0 (Pre OPF)

Mods:

VW Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe
BMC Drop-in filter
JB4

Dynod @ Autotrix in Durban, South Africa. Figures are KW @ wheels

The first image Is the car with mods on and JB4 on Map0 as a baseline

The second image is Map2 as well as the mods.

I noticed that the torque remained pretty much the same between runs and was wondering if this is being limited by the ECU?

Could that be a dsg torque limit? Doesnít make sense that there was an increase in the graph which George attached
(#127)
Old

Car: 2018 VW Tiguan
Default 09-04-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivkin78
Is anyone running JB4 on a 2019 Tiguan USA Spec? Any problems, any feedback?
Stay away if you have a US Spec Tiguan. I have a 2018 Tiguan with 3 inch *** less ******** and drop in k&n and canít get the JB4 to do anything. I have tried everything. Spoke with George and did everything he told me too. I basically have the JB4 connected and have +1 psi from 2-3500 rpms. After that I have everything at 0 the rest of the rpm band on map 6. I even tried running a e85 blend as suggested by George. Zero difference. Itís basically the same as not running a JB4 at all. Stay away for now. Maybe down the road something will change with somekind of update but for now your wasting your money. Hope this helps.
(#128)
Old

Car: Audi
Default 09-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamiglock
Stay away if you have a US Spec Tiguan. I have a 2018 Tiguan with 3 inch *** less ******** and drop in k&n and canít get the JB4 to do anything. I have tried everything. Spoke with George and did everything he told me too. I basically have the JB4 connected and have +1 psi from 2-3500 rpms. After that I have everything at 0 the rest of the rpm band on map 6. I even tried running a e85 blend as suggested by George. Zero difference. Itís basically the same as not running a JB4 at all. Stay away for now. Maybe down the road something will change with somekind of update but for now your wasting your money. Hope this helps.
The same results with other maps?
(#129)
Old

Car: 2018 VW Tiguan
Default 09-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanz
The same results with other maps?
Worse results with the other maps. Not driveable with map 1-3. Only map 6 and the settings I wrote earlier.🤦🏻*♂️
(#130)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 09-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivkin78
Is anyone running JB4 on a 2019 Tiguan USA Spec? Any problems, any feedback?
You will find quite a few reviews here: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...&highlight=JB4

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#131)
Old

Default 09-04-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeyres
Could that be a dsg torque limit? Doesnít make sense that there was an increase in the graph which George attached
Looks like it loaded from around 2500rpm which make it impossible to kick down if foot is flat so most likely the variance. When we dynod we started quite a bit higher hence the peak difference from stock exists. If you look at hte graph 500rpm higher there is a decent enough change.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#132)
Old

Car: 2019 VW Polo Gti
Default 09-05-2019, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeyres
Not sure if it's DSG torque limit or ECU but there's definitly no gain from stock to JB4 map 2 in regards peak torque. I know that curve is better but that doesn't answer why there is such a noticeable difference between peak torque figures with JB4 and other ECU tuners in South Africa on stage 1.

Below is a Dyno graphs from ATM tuning in Durban who are tuning via ECU. FYI, Completely stock torque on the Polo GTI it made 347nm and 131wkw.

In my first dyno i had only bolt ons with no map and we saw a slight increse in torque.

Please see links below ofter international tuners and their figures(scroll through their pages to see articles on Polo GTI):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jPX65l5Lc/

https://www.facebook.com/undergroundperformancetuning/

https://www.br-performance.be/en-be/.../9631-2-0-tsi/
(#133)
Old

Car: Polo GTI 2.0 AW
Default 09-05-2019, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussaye
Not sure if it's DSG torque limit or ECU but there's definitly no gain from stock to JB4 map 2 in regards peak torque. I know that curve is better but that doesn't answer why there is such a noticeable difference between peak torque figures with JB4 and other ECU tuners in South Africa on stage 1.

Below is a Dyno graphs from ATM tuning in Durban who are tuning via ECU. FYI, Completely stock torque on the Polo GTI it made 347nm and 131wkw.

In my first dyno i had only bolt ons with no map and we saw a slight increse in torque.

Please see links below ofter international tuners and their figures(scroll through their pages to see articles on Polo GTI):

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jPX65l5Lc/

https://www.facebook.com/undergroundperformancetuning/

https://www.br-performance.be/en-be/.../9631-2-0-tsi/
Hi Guys

I have been watching this forum for a while and really shocked at ECU tuners gaining so much torque on stage 1 map only.
I also see a stage 2 from underground performance in Australia which is very similar climate if not hotter to South Africa which has massive gains, how does map 3 compete or can it be run without issues on a Polo GTI.
George any thoughts on above.
(#134)
Old

Default 09-06-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycom
Hi Guys

I have been watching this forum for a while and really shocked at ECU tuners gaining so much torque on stage 1 map only.
I also see a stage 2 from underground performance in Australia which is very similar climate if not hotter to South Africa which has massive gains, how does map 3 compete or can it be run without issues on a Polo GTI.
George any thoughts on above.
They cranking the boost to the maximum the turbo can produce boost wise low down then tapering. If you go map 6 and use 7's at 3000 you will get the same result with the car falling of far faster boost wise. when looking at the 3500 and up point torque is matched with the JB4.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#135)
Old

Car: 2018 tiguan
Default 09-09-2019, 07:41 PM

Got a jb4 group 8 on my 2018 tiguan since 6 months, it's working perfectly, only using it on the map 1 and getting a very good power gain. Never got any fault.
(#136)
Old

Car: Polo GTI 2.0 2018
Cool 09-17-2019, 07:10 PM

Here is a screen shot from a verified run I did with the dragy.
17.47sec: (100-200km/h) a 4 sec improvement over stock is real world performance that you can feel.. By no means mind blowing, but you can feel the extra boost, power and shove compared to stock.

So the JB4 works for sure, and I'm reasonably pleased with performance that is closer to a golf gti performance. Only one slight complaint, that it seems like it takes a full pull through the gear you are in before the JB4 really seems to fool the ECU... it can feel a bit down on power in gear...

I Also went to the Nurburgring to do some laps... and would say driveability was good no real issues on the 8 laps i did, pushing the car hard.
The power did seem to die bit at the end of the laps, the last 1/4 or so. Maybe due to heat soak I'm guessing. Hope someone finds it informative...
Attached Images