N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 Audi S3
Default Jb4 exception has occurred, stumped! - 02-07-2020, 09:52 AM

So my buddy and I figured we could tackle installing the jb4 on my Audi S3 8v last night the mechanical part went super easy, but for some reason even trying to update the USB driver, update the most up-to-date Firmware, but it wouldn't even load that. It would just say exception has occurred and when trying to connect to the jb4 ECU via USB, it would just say connection failed. We tried everything we even made the device disconnect then reconnect. But maybe it's a Windows 64-bit issue vs. 32-bit thing. I need help! We verified all the electrical connections. Could the jb4 ECU itself be fried?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2020, 10:43 AM

Whatever is going on with your laptop and the USB cable has nothing to do with the JB4 itself.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-07-2020, 10:51 AM

Any way you could elaborate more? The laptop has to communicate to the JB4 ECU and clearly this is not happening even though I'm following instructions precisely. Do you have the firmware update files in 64 bit instead of 32 bit? Do you have any suggestions to determine root cause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Whatever is going on with your laptop and the USB cable has nothing to do with the JB4 itself.
(#4)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-12-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majixmatrix
Any way you could elaborate more? The laptop has to communicate to the JB4 ECU and clearly this is not happening even though I'm following instructions precisely. Do you have the firmware update files in 64 bit instead of 32 bit? Do you have any suggestions to determine root cause?
Try using other ports on the laptop or possibly test with another laptop.
Also not sure if its the case but the data cable needs to be specific and not a normal VAG cable.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#5)
Old

Default 02-12-2020, 10:14 PM

Everything I bought was genuine and specific to my platform's JB4.

I recently purchased a Bluetooth adapter to try that instead of the USB. If I can connect via bluetooth to my laptop, can I utilize the JB4 application (the same as USB) or is it strictly limited to the mobile/tablet app that I have to purchase?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Try using other ports on the laptop or possibly test with another laptop.
Also not sure if its the case but the data cable needs to be specific and not a normal VAG cable.
(#6)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-13-2020, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majixmatrix
Everything I bought was genuine and specific to my platform's JB4.

I recently purchased a Bluetooth adapter to try that instead of the USB. If I can connect via bluetooth to my laptop, can I utilize the JB4 application (the same as USB) or is it strictly limited to the mobile/tablet app that I have to purchase?

Thanks!
Its limited to Mobile with a sold app called JB4 Mobile.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo