N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default Logs from first Map 5 runs - 08-10-2019, 12:37 PM

Please take a look at the logs from my first map 5 runs. One log is 0-60 and the other is from about 20-25MPH to Redline in 3rd.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-08 11_53_40_Map-5.csv (8.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-08 11_49_57_Map-5.csv (5.9 KB, 8 views)

2019 GT2 AWD
Panthera Metal
JB4 - BMS Intakes - Denso Plugs
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Runs are really short but don't see any obvious issues.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 08-11-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNStinger
Please take a look at the logs from my first map 5 runs. One log is 0-60 and the other is from about 20-25MPH to Redline in 3rd.
What octane you running on Map 5?

Thought you need at least 103.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#4)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer

I'm not aware of a min octane rating, didn't see that anywhere in the main thread.

I'm running an E30 blend, 93 octane pump gas and E85 tested at 90% ethanol.

2019 GT2 AWD
Panthera Metal
(#5)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 08-11-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:

Whoa! Where did you get that number?
(#6)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 08-13-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Map 5: Up to 7psi over stock. For use with unleaded race fuel and/or E85 mixtures up to 30%.

Given that his E85 tested @ 90% ethanol, assuming he uses 93 octane with the normal 10% ethanol mix the resulting E30-E32 blend would be around 96 octane.
(#7)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04
Map 5: Up to 7psi over stock. For use with unleaded race fuel and/or E85 mixtures up to 30%.

Given that his E85 tested @ 90% ethanol, assuming he uses 93 octane with the normal 10% ethanol mix the resulting E30-E32 blend would be around 96 octane.
Anyone know how accurate the E85 guage is on the JB4? Just read the post on the main sticky about the Fuel IT sensor that said the Fuel IT app showed a reading of E30 and the JB4 was reporting E15. I've been pretty careful about running an E85 mix and it seems like the guage has reflected kinda what I expected, but that post makes me a little nervous.

2019 GT2 AWD
Panthera Metal
(#8)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Anyone know how accurate the E85 guage is on the JB4? Just read the post on the main sticky about the Fuel IT sensor that said the Fuel IT app showed a reading of E30 and the JB4 was reporting E15. I've been pretty careful about running an E85 mix and it seems like the guage has reflected kinda what I expected, but that post makes me a little nervous.
Not true.

The JB4 doesnít provide ethanol content without an associated ethanol sensor.
The Fuel-It sensor requires special firmware to enable the 0-5v reading to display the sensorís reading to the JB4. The member youíre referencing did not have the correct firmware, which is why the readings were inaccurate.
(#9)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Not true.

The JB4 doesnít provide ethanol content without an associated ethanol sensor.
The Fuel-It sensor requires special firmware to enable the 0-5v reading to display the sensorís reading to the JB4. The member youíre referencing did not have the correct firmware, which is why the readings were inaccurate.
OK, well I don't have an ethanol sensor but the E85 number on the app certainly has fluctuated and has been what I'd expect in my certain scenarios. When just running reg 93 octane it shows a reading around 5-8. I was conservative on my first mix, thought it would be better to be on the low side rather than too much, and the number showed 18-22, since then I've been pretty accurate in terms of the mix at roughly 1:4 and when I do that the app shows between 28-30. I would think if it needs a extra sensor that number would simply be 0 wouldn't it?

2019 GT2 AWD
Panthera Metal
(#10)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
OK, well I don't have an ethanol sensor but the E85 number on the app certainly has fluctuated and has been what I'd expect in my certain scenarios. When just running reg 93 octane it shows a reading around 5-8. I was conservative on my first mix, thought it would be better to be on the low side rather than too much, and the number showed 18-22, since then I've been pretty accurate in terms of the mix at roughly 1:4 and when I do that the app shows between 28-30. I would think if it needs a extra sensor that number would simply be 0 wouldn't it?
Wait, wait, wait. You have a Stinger, right? Itís not a FlexFuel vehicle, although it can be, and therefore it lacks an ethanol sensor. Iím not sure where you think the JB4 would get an ethanol reading in this car without a sensor.

The E85 reading without the addition of a FlexFuel sensor is total rubbish and should be ignored.

What youíre picking up are voltage fluctuations from other JB4 operations, which have nothing to do with ethanol content.

When you installed the JB4; you tapped into an O2 sensor and connected an OBDII for CANBus data and neither of those will supply an ethanol reading. Unless you think that just by having a value that means itís correct, you might want to back off that assessment that your readings have been accurate without a sensor. The JB4 is made for several platforms, not all values are applicable to each vehicle and the E85 reading is no different.
(#11)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait. You have a Stinger, right? Itís not a FlexFuel vehicle, although it can be, and therefore it lacks an ethanol sensor. Iím not sure where you think the JB4 would get an ethanol reading in this car without a sensor.

The E85 reading without the addition of a FlexFuel sensor is total rubbish and should be ignored.

What youíre picking up are voltage fluctuations from other JB4 operations, which have nothing to do with ethanol content.

When you installed the JB4; you tapped into an O2 sensor and connected an OBDII for CANBus data and neither of those will supply an ethanol reading. Unless you think that just by having a value that means itís correct, you might want to back off that assessment that your readings have been accurate without a sensor. The JB4 is made for several platforms, not all values are applicable to each vehicle and the E85 reading is no different.
Yes I have a Stinger...I'm new to all of this which is why I'm asking the questions so please excuse my ignorance. I didn't know if the JB4 could detect ethanol or not because of the fuel wires, but it makes sense that it cannot otherwise why bother with the Fuel IT stuff.

Terry, if you happen to come across this post, it might be a good idea to 0 out that E85 reading in the app if it is in fact voltage fluctuations...it can confuse a noob like me.

2019 GT2 AWD
Panthera Metal
(#12)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Yes I have a Stinger...I'm new to all of this which is why I'm asking the questions so please excuse my ignorance. I didn't know if the JB4 could detect ethanol or not because of the fuel wires, but it makes sense that it cannot otherwise why bother with the Fuel IT stuff.

Terry, if you happen to come across this post, it might be a good idea to 0 out that E85 reading in the app if it is in fact voltage fluctuations...it can confuse a noob like me.
Of course you have a Stinger, I’ve talked to you offline lol.

You’re thinking 2 different things. The fuel wires control an input at WOT to lean out the AFR.

I probably oversimplified what the E85 column by calling them “voltage fluctuations”. What you see in that column, without a FlexFuel sensor, is what Terry would call the virtual FlexFuel sensor calculation. It’s an approximation of the ethanol context. However, it’s not a precise measurement, which is what the hardline sensor provides.

If you want to read a bit more about it, head on over to:
JB4 E85 Development Updates - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#13)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 08-15-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:

It's funny you say that because when I run a tank of 93 Chevron it comes up as 3-5 E85. When I run 4 gallons of E85 mixed in I've seen 16-24. Run that tank out and refill with 93 and I'm back to 3. This has been repeated SEVERAL times. I don't know what it's looking at, but it's seeing something and it's tracking with what is actually in the tank.
(#14)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
It's funny you say that because when I run a tank of 93 Chevron it comes up as 3-5 E85. When I run 4 gallons of E85 mixed in I've seen 16-24. Run that tank out and refill with 93 and I'm back to 3. This has been repeated SEVERAL times. I don't know what it's looking at, but it's seeing something and it's tracking with what is actually in the tank.
Itís an approximation - JB4 E85 Development Updates - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Your 93 shouldíve read ~E10
And 5 gallons of E85, if it tested at 85% ethanol, shouldíve read closer to E35.

Accuracy comes with a hard line sensor otherwise itís not useful for tuning purposes. If youíre cool with a tuner tuning with approximations then the virtual sensor readings are for you.