N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 06-27-2018, 09:37 AM

I tried to upload but said the forms are exceeding the aloud amount of MB for the forum
(#202)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2018, 09:56 AM

It has a 250k limit per jpg. Just resize/compress them in paint to host here.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#203)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 06-27-2018, 08:42 PM

Why do people change :fuel open loop: on "user adjustment" to zero instead of 60?
(#204)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2018, 08:59 PM

It's not active yet on the Kia model. So it doesn't matter what you set it to.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#205)
Old

Default 06-28-2018, 03:23 AM

Very good to know! Thank you!
(#206)
Old

Default 07-01-2018, 05:38 PM

“Approximately...” how much horsepower/torque would you think I’d gain from doing *********?
(#207)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2018, 05:59 PM

So much we've censored discussion of it on here.

I have not tested any race use only exhaust parts on the platform so wrong person to ask. Would be curious to see a before/after dyno myself.

Burger Motorsports

(#208)
Old

Default 07-03-2018, 09:21 PM

Just curious how it would work... I know our tuners can adjust boost and such but would JB4 be able to utilize extra parts like that? With the muffler delete/Intakes I got 30whp but ********* is a big difference as far as performance goes
(#209)
Old

Default 07-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Any news?
Loving the crap out of the jb4 and the stinger!
(#210)
Old

Default 07-08-2018, 09:41 AM

Anyway around overboost yet?
(#211)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2018, 09:52 AM

What do you mean over boost?

Burger Motorsports

(#212)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 07-08-2018, 10:05 AM

All I get is the turbine overspeed code P004900
(#213)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungtran505
All I get is the turbine overspeed code P004900
That is likely actually a "boost too low" type code. Log of when it's coming up? Probably we're going to have to program the JB4 to directly increase WGDC for higher boost targets.

Burger Motorsports

(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2018, 04:47 PM

Some photos of our new Kia Stinger development car. Ended up getting a base GT model, $39,300 sticker price that they rebated down to $33,000. Surprised how many options you get too on a base car!

Anyway now the fun really begins!

Name:  IMG_20180708_163617028.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  254.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20180708_163628631_HDR.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  258.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20180708_162008952_HDR.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  205.9 KB

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 07-08-2018, 05:34 PM

Congrats Terry!!! We basically got the same car except my sticker was a few grand more.. “ I would be interested in the differences”... Mine is AWD which may be the difference.

But as much as I love sunroofs, I did want the creeks and the added weight as the AWD already adds enough weight and I am sure the hatch isn’t light either..

I am super stoked to see what crazy **** you guys come up with..
(#216)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2018, 07:34 PM

RWD here... Basically cheapest way to get the 3.3L motor.

Burger Motorsports

(#217)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2018, 10:14 PM

I noticed few Stinger tuners post logs to the forums. I hope it's not because they aren't doing any? Regardless one of the nifty JB4 features is full data logging and we'll be posting routine logs to showcase differences between maps, tuning approaches, etc.

Have around 200 miles on our new development car and figured it was time to do a few baseline runs.

First up map0 (stock tuning). This was the best of a couple tries. I'm sure if I could get a more aggressive launch or on a cooler day the car would be in the 12s stock. Pretty impressive!

Boost was around 11psi with a slight taper towards redline, AFR really rich at 10:1. I suspect there is some hidden power, and maybe the root of our platforms misfire issue, in that AFR. Definitely will be working on JB4 fuel control soon. Note, the JB4 logs both banks of the engine so you can compare for differences. In this case they lined up perfectly as expected.

Name:  stock_log.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20180709-214907.png
Views: 542
Size:  104.6 KB

Next up for kicks I selected map4 which is a prototype "valet" map in the v3 firmware I'm testing. It runs around half of the stock boost level. Based on the 1/4 mile trap difference (108mph to 98mph) seems like it cut around 100hp!

Name:  valet_log.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20180709-214523.png
Views: 537
Size:  105.3 KB

Next up will be some tuned runs but running the factory plugs and factory plug gap.

Burger Motorsports

(#218)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 07-10-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Some photos of our new Kia Stinger development car. Ended up getting a base GT model, $39,300 sticker price that they rebated down to $33,000. Surprised how many options you get too on a base car!

Anyway now the fun really begins!

Attachment 76856

Attachment 76855

Attachment 76854

Congrats on the car, now I am excited to see what the JB4 can do!
(#219)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Burger Motorsports

(#220)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-10-2018, 10:48 AM

I gotta get you a mount so you can record and drive lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#221)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2018, 11:56 AM

Stock plugs didn't last long, lol. At 3-4psi over stock already started sputtering on the factory plugs! Looks like a plug swap might be required for any tuning on this car. I'll start with the Denso plugs first gapped a 0.022 and see how it goes. They are ~$9 each on Amazon and have similar specs to the ~$24 HKS M40il plugs commonly used.

Burger Motorsports

(#222)
Old

Default 07-10-2018, 03:54 PM

I'm so happy you have a test car keep up the great work Terry!
(#223)
Old

Wink Any news? - 07-11-2018, 03:20 PM

Congrats on the new car! I was curious what sort of plans you are working on next?? Map 2 is awesome but im sure youre cooking something up in the kitchen!
(#224)
Old

Default 07-11-2018, 03:36 PM

I'm on map 6 I start at 5.7psi and taper up to 6 psi and drop it to around 5.9 at 7000 car feels stout! Map 5 mostly Tho.. but we got 94 octane here in Canada...
(#225)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
Congrats on the new car! I was curious what sort of plans you are working on next?? Map 2 is awesome but im sure youre cooking something up in the kitchen!
There are a few areas of focus, some we can easily get done, others more involved, since it's a competitive market, we'll do what we do and share the results and updates as we have them. But the Stinger is definitely on the front burner right now. I've got the engine apart in the garage waiting for new plugs to show up, lol.

Burger Motorsports