N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#651)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2018, 12:56 PM

Put the JB4 on map0 and see what stock is, using the same metric.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#652)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 09-20-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Good idea. I'll see what that looks like later tonight.
(#653)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 09-20-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry, any idea when the next firmware update is coming out? I imagine that you have already perfected a few more pieces of the puzzle. LOL

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#654)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 09-20-2018, 08:41 PM

Where does is estimate 0-60 in the JB4 app?
(#655)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegisx5
Where does is estimate 0-60 in the JB4 app?
Tap a log entry. If it was a clear WOT launch from 0 it will show you the 0-60 time. It doesn't show up for all of them.

Did a map 0 run last night. App is showing 0-60 of around 5 seconds. So there's definitely a substantial (0.2 - 0.4) second improvement over stock. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the app, but we shouldn't expect it to give us an accurate number. But it's a decent approximation.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20180920 - (0 - 60) - Map 0 - Run 1.csv (5.7 KB, 7 views)
(#656)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
Hey Terry, any idea when the next firmware update is coming out? I imagine that you have already perfected a few more pieces of the puzzle. LOL
We're always kicking around stuff here. But can't put dates on anything.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#657)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-21-2018, 10:02 AM

I'm ready to break into the 3 seconds 0-60s. I have been logging 4.4 to 4.6 via the app

2018 Stinger GT AWD
JB4 w/ Fuel control wires
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#658)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 09-21-2018, 10:26 AM

Where do I get the 0-60 time on the app.
(#659)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungtran505
Where do I get the 0-60 time on the app.
Connect jb4, log a 0-60 run, click on log and it will display it (this is on the phone app, if using laptop i am not sure)

2018 Stinger GT AWD
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#660)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanb
I'm ready to break into the 3 seconds 0-60s. I have been logging 4.4 to 4.6 via the app
Do you have anything to compare it to?

When you're say you're trying to break into the 3s are you almost close or are you looking to make some changes?

Are you AWD or RWD? And 18" or 19" tires?
(#661)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 09:59 PM

My 0-60 times via dragy (accurate) are in the 4.4s range. 3s would take one hell of a launch I think.

Burger Motorsports

(#662)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 09-22-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
My 0-60 times via dragy (accurate) are in the 4.4s range. 3s would take one hell of a launch I think.
Hi Terry, hoping to get you on here for some help.

Just installed my JB4 last night along with the OBD connection and BLuetooth adapter. I'm having issues connecting to the bluetooth. When I try to pair my phone to the device, it does see it as an available device, but when I type in the PIN of 1234, it says cannot connect and to check bluetooth device. When I go into the app and hit CONNECT, it goes through all it's little steps and performs the handshake and then connects. Gauges come up but they all read 0 except for MAP where it reads 1. Went for a ride last night and nothing comes up on the gauges.

I feel like I'm missing something small and very obvious here....!
(#663)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2018, 09:06 AM

You don't pair the JB4 mobile to the device. The app manages everything on that.

Does boost appear in the app under heavy throttle?

Burger Motorsports

(#664)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 09-22-2018, 12:45 PM

Hey guys I know this is a silly question but I'm still new to all this stuff but is flex fuel the same as e85 because that's all I have next to me and I want try that 30% mix like in the first post mention
(#665)
Old

Default 09-22-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
Do you have anything to compare it to?

When you're say you're trying to break into the 3s are you almost close or are you looking to make some changes?

Are you AWD or RWD? And 18" or 19" tires?
I'm nowhere close. Just would be awesome someday. Like terry said. It would take a hell of a launch to do so. Mine is AWD 18s with all seasons.

2018 Stinger GT AWD
Denso plugs .025 gap
K&N air filters
(#666)
Old

Default 09-22-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GT2
Hey guys I know this is a silly question but I'm still new to all this stuff but is flex fuel the same as e85 because that's all I have next to me and I want try that 30% mix like in the first post mention
Yes, flex fuel is E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmanb
I'm nowhere close. Just would be awesome someday. Like terry said. It would take a hell of a launch to do so. Mine is AWD 18s with all seasons.
Looks like we have the same setup then. I'd really like to get close to 4 seconds without an ECU tune.

@Terry

I've been thinking about the fact that we're using E30 blends. The LHV of E30 is a lot lower than that of high octane race gas, and the AFR stoichiometry would be substantially different as well. Is it a stretch to say that with the right tuning settings we could get a good bit more power out of a high octane race gas? There's Sonoco near me that has this at the pump (https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel/standard), but they also sell containers of several other fuels. I'm thinking this would only be for track days - you know, to make you guys look good

Last edited by sym; 09-22-2018 at 04:26 PM..
(#667)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-22-2018, 08:10 PM

Running race gas instead of the ~E30 won't make much difference, at least didn't in our testing. But spiking the fuel with a gallon or two at the track never hurts just to get octane up a bit.

Burger Motorsports

(#668)
Old

Default 09-22-2018, 09:18 PM

OK thanks alot
(#669)
Old

Default 09-23-2018, 04:23 PM

@Terry

I ran into a no boost situation for the second time today. The first time was when the engine wasn't properly warmed up (this was about a month ago), but everything was warmed up today.

I was using Map 5, did a decent (but not launch control) pull when getting onto the highway. I don't have a log of the actual event, but here's a sick 10 second 0-60 pull I did before restarting the car.

No check engine lights or other error codes. Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 5 - No Boost.csv (6.4 KB, 3 views)
(#670)
Old

Question 09-23-2018, 07:08 PM

@Terry

OK so I tried map 5 with 4 gallons of e85 from the pump and the rest top off with 93 and everything felt OK no stumbles or anything but the butt Dyno says no difference from running map 2 or 3 and if I'm reading the graph right except for a one time spike its only hitting about 16-17 psi is that what its supposed to be thanks .
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-22 14_34_46Map_5.csv (10.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 00_20_07Map_5.csv (9.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 00_34_21Map_5.csv (12.5 KB, 3 views)
(#671)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
@Terry

I ran into a no boost situation for the second time today. The first time was when the engine wasn't properly warmed up (this was about a month ago), but everything was warmed up today.

I was using Map 5, did a decent (but not launch control) pull when getting onto the highway. I don't have a log of the actual event, but here's a sick 10 second 0-60 pull I did before restarting the car.

No check engine lights or other error codes. Any ideas?
I've noticed those cars that can still trigger it normally are not pressing gas pedal 100%, they press it 100% but then roll off the gas. Was that the case with yours also? If so I'll need to poke around in that part of the mapping further as I don't often drive our development car like that.

Burger Motorsports

(#672)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GT2
@Terry

OK so I tried map 5 with 4 gallons of e85 from the pump and the rest top off with 93 and everything felt OK no stumbles or anything but the butt Dyno says no difference from running map 2 or 3 and if I'm reading the graph right except for a one time spike its only hitting about 16-17 psi is that what its supposed to be thanks .
Log looks OK to me. Run whatever the lowest map is that gives you the best performance. So if 2, 3, and 5 all feel the same (or measure the same using dragy) then stay with 2.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#673)
Old

Default 09-24-2018, 08:34 AM

OK thanks
(#674)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 09-24-2018, 08:45 AM

Are the BMS dyno charts for map 3 and 5 (on 30%E85) really with just an intake? If so, very impressive. Obviously the tune is going to be your biggest "bang for the buck", but has anyone compared just intake/tune vs. adding full exhaust?

How much more is there to be gained? Is the exhaust really that restrictive? I don't care about sound, and I'm paranoid about warranty issues (I know, don't tune then), but I'm not going to even mess with the exhaust if I'm not gonna see significant benefit.
I'm late to this party, so I apologize if this has already been covered. Everyone I talk to added exhaust, intake, and tune together, so can't comment on what the exhaust did on top of map 3 or 5.
(#675)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2018, 11:00 AM

Yes, just a JB4 and intake. And the Denso replacement spark plugs. Not sure if exhaust adds much.

Burger Motorsports