JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08' BMW 135iM
Default I'm back after almost a year and a lot has changed. - 01-24-2018, 11:38 AM

What's up y'all,

So when I left after my accident, Pure Turbos Precision 6466, and another one I can't remember were all the rage. There was a 3 month waiting list on MFactory Axels, and Meth Port Injection was just released.

What's new? Well I (pending inspection) am getting a 2013 BMW 335is DCT. I already have a short list of things that I need, but I thought I'd come to the community to see what's the best, newest, reliable, high powered $hit out there.

Sold my JB4, so I have to get a new one.

List so far:

JB4
Fuel-It Meth Port
Managed to Salvage my Stage 3 Fuel-It Fuel Pump thanks to my boys at KTM. Need to send it in for repair.
(think it's called) Devils own 6Gal Tank
WaveTrack Welded LSD
MFactory Axels
Apex ARC-8 19" (unless better recommended)
Trebula Tune Dyno Tuned (Obviously)
Dodson DCT Clutch Pack
Custom Exhaust by KTM Motorworks (hopefully)

I need help with:
Single Turbo (not a kit)
Suspension
Barely Street Legal Sticky Tires
Big Brake Kit (Wilwood, Brembo, AP, ETC)
Turbo Manifold
I'm forgetting a lot but Help?

So yea, I've been trying to read the threads, but seems like all a lot of the same around here....

Any help would be greatly appreciated boys and girl.

P.S. Last update I did on my car for the JB4 was G5_ISO_32_5

7DCT 2013 LeMans Blue BMW ///335is (Pending Inspection)
6AT | 135i ///M Sport - CRASHED (TOTALLED)

Last edited by dotCEO; 01-24-2018 at 12:04 PM..
(#2)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 01-24-2018, 12:23 PM

If you need a recap of last year, go to BB site and check out the headlines for the past 12 months.

If you expect Trebila to tune it, will need MHD BEF too.

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#3)
Old

Default 01-24-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
If you need a recap of last year, go to BB site and check out the headlines for the past 12 months.

If you expect Trebila to tune it, will need MHD BEF too.
Got that...

Forgot the lingo but whats the BB site?

(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2018, 01:22 PM

Welcome back!

MHD and BB are the methods to load the JB4 back end flash maps. Either one works but MHD has some extra features, and costs $79. While BB is free to use. Big ticket items here.

So what's the plan for the turbo? PTE 6266 G2?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-24-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Welcome back!

MHD and BB are the methods to load the JB4 back end flash maps. Either one works but MHD has some extra features, and costs $79. While BB is free to use. Big ticket items here.

So what's the plan for the turbo? PTE 6266 G2?
Hey Terry,

Yea I have MHD, i just have to see about changing my VIN with them as I can definitely prove my car was destroyed lol.... Just realized that BB is Beemerboost :D

As for turbo, I'm trying to solve that mystery... I'm absolutely going single this time...

My 135i had:

JB4 G5 + USB + My own BEF
ER Charge Pipe with HKS BOV (ionized black)
BMS Dual Cone Intake
Wavetrack LSD Bolted as it was AUTO
High Flow Pure Turbos
Vargas Inlets/Outlets
ER ionized black FMIC
Fuel-it Stage 3 Fuel Pump (Still have it, just need to send to Steve for repair)
Running E85
BMW Performance Exhaust
AR SinGato Abajo Pipo's
BMS Oil-Chatch Can (I still have it)
Fuel-It Meth Port Injection Kit (not installed, crashed before... Steve was a gentleman, and took it back as the box was un-opened)

Performance wise, that's all I can remember...

Some guys at my shop had nightmares with the PTE 6466 and both had the same issue with the turbo seal at the exact same time, so I want a suggestion that will really put some jam in the low end and just keep pulling all the way through.

I know that you or some one figured out how to get the 6466's spooling at 3k RPM...

This new (for me) 335is DCT only has 28583 Miles on it and it is only going to be summer summer driven, but I want to make sure that NO one will get in front of me.

So in conclusion: You think the PTE 6266 even tho smaller than the 6466 would be a better match?

Last edited by dotCEO; 01-24-2018 at 04:22 PM..
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2018, 06:03 PM

There are tons of turbo options. I still prefer the PTE G2 6266 for most applications, though. It's a good 700whp capable turbo, nice response down low as long as you use a twin scroll manifold, and in my experience very durable.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 01-24-2018, 08:48 PM

Thanks, Terry... I'll take that one in to consideration.