N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 10-08-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
Terry quick question. To get your best 0-60/60ft times are you using regular 4WD or 4WD Sport? Also what suspension mode are you in? TIA
For me at least, I use 4WD (not Sport) and the softest suspension which allows the car to squat longer and use the compression from the launch to increase rear traction. My best 60ft is 1.59s on pump 92, map 1.

2020 BMW M5 Competition
(#477)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 10-10-2019, 06:45 AM

Installing my jb4 today on my 19 Comp package. Looking at the maps from page 1 of this thread (copied below), what fuel is recommended for maps 2, 3, 5, 7?

We only have 91 here in las vegas, but I have easy access to E85, 100 octane, and all the VP racing fuels like MS109. I plan on doing some runs and posting logs here but just wanted a starting point. Can I run map 2 or 3 with a 91 oct/E85 mix like E20-E30? How much octane to run map 5 or 7? Whats the stock car running psi wise?

Map 2: 22psi absolute boost profile, 93 octane OK. For competition packages cars and/or in warm/higher elevation climates map1 might out perform map2.
Map 3: 25psi absolute boost profile, requires higher octane like unleaded racing fuel
Map 5: 26psi absolute boost profile, requires unleaded racing fuel
Map 7: 27psi absolute boost profile, requires unleaded racing fuel

Last edited by yellowssm; 10-10-2019 at 09:14 AM..
(#478)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2019, 09:22 AM

For the higher maps unleaded race gas. E20 doesn't work as well with the platform due to fueling limitations. You can try it but may run in to fueling issues.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#479)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For the higher maps unleaded race gas. E20 doesn't work as well with the platform due to fueling limitations. You can try it but may run in to fueling issues.
When you say higher maps, is that 3, 5,7? And will 100 octane work on those or do I need even higher?

Will map 2 work with a e20-30 blend?
(#480)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-10-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
When you say higher maps, is that 3, 5,7? And will 100 octane work on those or do I need even higher?

Will map 2 work with a e20-30 blend?
Correct, maps 3,5,7 will need 100 octane or higher. Ms109 is our preferred race gas.

We don't recommend e20-30 blend on any map.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#481)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Correct, maps 3,5,7 will need 100 octane or higher. Ms109 is our preferred race gas.

Thanks for the info. I guess I gotta mix some 100 to our crappy 91 if I wanna do map2
(#482)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-10-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I guess I gotta mix some 100 to our crappy 91 if I wanna do map2
Post some logs so we can take a look.

Noz and torco octane booster seems to help if you mix in a full tank of 91 with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#483)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Will post logs for sure. Just one can of the Torco octane booster to 91 is good enough for map 2? Sounds cheaper than 100 octane at $8-$9 a gallon
(#484)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2019, 08:46 PM

Something new in the works for the F90.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#485)
Old

Default 10-12-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Post some logs so we can take a look.

Noz and torco octane booster seems to help if you mix in a full tank of 91 with it.
Quick question. I dont have experience with Torco octane booster but reviews seem great and much cheaper than adding race gas. I see the cheapest option is buying a 5 gallon jug of it but do you know if it degrades over time from opening and closing the jug or will it be fine as long as itís stored out of light in the garage?
(#486)
Old

Default 10-13-2019, 06:05 PM

Did a few pulls today and map 1 is showing more boost than map 2 for me. I have 93 octane in there. Does it matter that my car is a comp package? Can you check my logs please.
Attached Images

Last edited by yellowssm; 10-14-2019 at 10:11 AM..
(#487)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2019, 07:08 PM

That could be normal for a comp, post the CSV files so we can check them out!

Burger Motorsports

(#488)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-15-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Quick question. I dont have experience with Torco octane booster but reviews seem great and much cheaper than adding race gas. I see the cheapest option is buying a 5 gallon jug of it but do you know if it degrades over time from opening and closing the jug or will it be fine as long as itís stored out of light in the garage?
No they will be okay for at least 4-6 months.

Post the CSV file so we can evaluate the logs better.

Burger Motorsports

(#489)
Old

Default 10-15-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
That could be normal for a comp, post the CSV files so we can check them out!

Quote:
No they will be okay for at least 4-6 months.

Post the CSV file so we can evaluate the logs better.

I did some more runs today. Here are the logs and CSV files. This is the same tank of gas but with a VP racing octane booster so it gotta be close or at 100 octane. One thing I noticed since being tuned is that when I keep it in drive with everything sport plus, and shifter mode in highest setting, when it shifts gears it will run into the limiter and hit redline and stutter a little before it shifts to the next gear which feels like it slows the car down. When using launch control and letting launch control shift on its own it doesn't hit redline and seems much faster between shifts since its not hitting redline and pausing between shifts.

two runs on map 1 (one everything sport plus but in drive, one run launch control shifting itself)

two runs on map 2 (one everything sport plus but in drive, one run launch control shifting itself)
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-15 10_46_55_Map-1.csv (10.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-15 10_15_13_Map-1.csv (25.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-15 11_46_26_Map-2.csv (10.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-15 09_04_51_Map-2.csv (8.4 KB, 2 views)
(#490)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I did some more runs today.
Are you a comp package? I like map1 here but see some things we can improve on map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#491)
Old

Default 10-16-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Are you a comp package? I like map1 here but see some things we can improve on map2.
Yes sir 2019 Comp package, with secondary only d0wnp!pe5 and full fatback AWE exhaust if that matters.
(#492)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Default 10-16-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yes sir 2019 Comp package, with secondary only d0wnp!pe5 and full fatback AWE exhaust if that matters.
I've never seen a fatback exhaust on an M5--do you have some pics?

2020 BMW M5 Competition
(#493)
Old

Default 10-16-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride
I've never seen a fatback exhaust on an M5--do you have some pics?
Actually itís a Phatback LoL.
(#494)
Old

Default 10-17-2019, 09:07 AM

Went to the dragstrip last night to test out map 3. I was running 5 gallons of MS109 that I added to roughly 1 gallon of 100 octane (car said 19 miles to empty before I added the MS109). Car had its best runs on Map 1. I forgot to log my last/fastest run of 10.8 @132mph. Also my best 60 foot time was with the suspension set to sport plus instead of the comfort I was using in the previous 3 runs. My previous best before was 11.266 @ 125.04 mph with just secondary d0wnp!pe5 and tonight was a 10.816 @ 132.5 mph. All runs using launch control and car is a 19 comp package with the same d0wnp!pe5 and full AWE catback exhaust. Here are my logs. Totally happy with the setup and times considering the vegas track sucks, the elevation and DA sucks too. Picking up over 7mph in map 1 is awesome. Cant wait till the higher maps are dialed in.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-16 20_05_27_Map-1.csv (225.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-16 20_15_35_Map-3.csv (67.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-16 21_40_05_Map-3.2.csv (120.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by yellowssm; 10-17-2019 at 09:54 AM..
(#495)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Traps are great for the DA.. It's interesting, the higher maps have some timing pull as if the fuel isn't great. But MS109 is as good as it comes. Sure it was fresh fuel?

Burger Motorsports

(#496)
Old

Default 10-17-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Traps are great for the DA.. It's interesting, the higher maps have some timing pull as if the fuel isn't great. But MS109 is as good as it comes. Sure it was fresh fuel?
Yes straight from the 5 gallon jugs. I opened it up and broke the seal and filled up maybe 3 hours before racing. And like I said it said 19 miles left to empty before I filled up with the MS109. That remaining 19 miles left was a mix of (8 gallons of 91, 2 gallons of 100 octane, and one full container of the VP racing octane booster which is "supposed" to add up to 8 points to 10 gallons of gas)

Last edited by yellowssm; 10-17-2019 at 03:19 PM..
(#497)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 12:23 PM

Interesting.. Working on some firmware changes for the CP, I'll shoot those over when ready.

Burger Motorsports

(#498)
Old

Default Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Interesting.. Working on some firmware changes for the CP, I'll shoot those over when ready.

Perfect. I cant wait for the updates.

One question. I am going to BMW for service Monday and the mechanic said there is some software update that I need and they will be hooking to car to the their computer. The mechanic is my friend, but he said I should still remove/disconnect the JB4 just in case so my car doesn't get flagged. Do I have to disconnect all the plugs so their computer doesn't read the JB4 or can I just set it to map 0 and it wont read it? Please advise. I have no problem removing the whole thing, but I don't want to if not necessary.
(#499)
Old
Super Moderator

Default Yesterday, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Perfect. I cant wait for the updates.

One question. I am going to BMW for service Monday and the mechanic said there is some software update that I need and they will be hooking to car to the their computer. The mechanic is my friend, but he said I should still remove/disconnect the JB4 just in case so my car doesn't get flagged. Do I have to disconnect all the plugs so their computer doesn't read the JB4 or can I just set it to map 0 and it wont read it? Please advise. I have no problem removing the whole thing, but I don't want to if not necessary.
I suggest removing.

Burger Motorsports

(#500)
Old

Default Yesterday, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I suggest removing.
Thanks will do.