N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old

Car: Audi RS3 8V2/ BMW M3 E92
Default 10-09-2019, 03:02 PM

Hi
So the check engine was because of the *****.

How is the work going for the boost loss issue?
(#502)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-10-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.ivanov01
Hi
So the check engine was because of the *****.

How is the work going for the boost loss issue?
Its something we working on continuously.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#503)
Old

Car: rs3
Default 10-11-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Its something we working on continuously.
Sad to report George that the new board you sent does not cure it.

RS3............In the UK
(#504)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2019, 12:39 PM

Worry not still working on it, some day this will be fully resolved!!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#505)
Old

Car: 2019 RS3
Default 10-11-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.ivanov01
So the problem is still going on.
I was driving the car for 10 days with ********* and there was no problem.

I fitted the JB4 and for the last 3 days I always have error “5F2F” and I cannot clear it. Also the engine light is ON.
i also had trouble clearing codes with JB4. If you have a newer RS3 - there is something with the hood being closed that locks out certain functions with the ecu. you might try opening the hood and clearing again. if you codes are related to changing to an aftermarket dwnpp, you can get spacers for the sensor - but i do hear they aren't the greatest solution. ultimately, its best to run a dwnpp with a tune meant for those modifications. I have my JB4 stacked on top of a tune and am enjoying the best of both worlds. cheers
(#506)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 10-14-2019, 09:03 AM

Had a new one happen yesterday - the car went into 'no boost' mode after a 'bobble' in 3rd. I assumed it had kicked me to map 8, however when I pulled up the app, I was still map 3. No amount of pressing and letting off nor gear change resolved it. I changed to map 2 with no change. I finally turned the car fully off and then back on and everything seemed to fix itself temporarily, however after that one issue I went back to having low/no boost almost every single launch. This morning I disconnected the JB4 and will leave it off until there is something else from the BMS team to report back on.

Daily Driver: 2018 RS3, Black Optics, Dynamic+, Driver Assist, STM resonator delete, STM intercooler, CTS Turbo Intake, EMD Springs/Swaybars, Girodisc Rotors, Carbotech pads, 034 goodies everywhere.
Tow-Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Overland, 4x4 + Hemi

Past:
2000 3.8L Mustang - All bolt ons, 8.8 rear conversion
2007 Honda Accord - I had a moment of “sensible-ness”
2011 BMW 335D - Custom intake, JBD
2014 Audi S4 - Intake, Chipwerke, Couple of VCDS mods
(#507)
Old

Default 10-14-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk
Had a new one happen yesterday - the car went into 'no boost' mode after a 'bobble' in 3rd. I assumed it had kicked me to map 8, however when I pulled up the app, I was still map 3. No amount of pressing and letting off nor gear change resolved it. I changed to map 2 with no change. I finally turned the car fully off and then back on and everything seemed to fix itself temporarily, however after that one issue I went back to having low/no boost almost every single launch. This morning I disconnected the JB4 and will leave it off until there is something else from the BMS team to report back on.
Sounds like a limp mode. No faults?

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#508)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 10-14-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Sounds like a limp mode. No faults?
No codes and nothing on the dash at the time of the issues.

Daily Driver: 2018 RS3, Black Optics, Dynamic+, Driver Assist, STM resonator delete, STM intercooler, CTS Turbo Intake, EMD Springs/Swaybars, Girodisc Rotors, Carbotech pads, 034 goodies everywhere.
Tow-Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Overland, 4x4 + Hemi

Past:
2000 3.8L Mustang - All bolt ons, 8.8 rear conversion
2007 Honda Accord - I had a moment of “sensible-ness”
2011 BMW 335D - Custom intake, JBD
2014 Audi S4 - Intake, Chipwerke, Couple of VCDS mods
(#509)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2019, 02:09 PM

Flashed one of our development cars with the APR Stage1 so we can work on dedicated back end flash map tuning for our more aggressive customers.

Quick log on the 93 octane map, car is running E34 (Fuel-IT sensor kit), otherwise stock. JB4 on map0 disabling it. Interesting to see fuel pressure already starting to crash here on the E85 mix.. Probably due to the richer AFR level at 11.7:1 compared to the stock tuning. Time to get JB4 AFR control active I think.

1/4 mile was 11.15@123mph.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#510)
Old

Car: 2019 RS3
Default 10-15-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Flashed one of our development cars with the APR Stage1 so we can work on dedicated back end flash map tuning for our more aggressive customers.

Quick log on the 93 octane map, car is running E34 (Fuel-IT sensor kit), otherwise stock. JB4 on map0 disabling it. Interesting to see fuel pressure already starting to crash here on the E85 mix.. Probably due to the richer AFR level at 11.7:1 compared to the stock tuning. Time to get JB4 AFR control active I think.

1/4 mile was 11.15@123mph.
Perhaps upgraded port injectors would help? Surprised to see this on E34. Some are running e85 without issues on stock injectors
(#511)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2019, 06:43 PM

It's just a function of the tuning being richer on the pump flash relative to stock I think. We don't see this drop on the factory flash running higher boost levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#512)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 10-15-2019, 07:23 PM

Good to know Terry is spending time on this car 💪🏻

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#513)
Old

Default Yesterday, 06:25 AM

As you may know i fitted a replacement board from George a few weeks ago...

Same no boost issue

Went to have the car serviced today and the mechanic came back from the test drive after the service was complete and said "has your car got a boost issue?" so even he noticed it too......

On the way home it happened on the motorway, push down on pedal and the boost on the display in the VC wouldn't go above 1/4 no matter what i did with the pedal, tried a few times and nothing, then after a few more minutes tried again and instant boost all the way across the gauge.

Its like the car wants to go but something is holding it back

To be honest i'm getting fed up with the situation now, we shouldn't have these issues and i feel it's now getting to the stage where i'm wanting it off the car.

Expensive mistake, very disappointing considering how good the Golf R one i had was.

RS3............In the UK
(#514)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Would be useful to get "freeze frame" data from cars having that fault so we can use that as another tool to hone in on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#515)
Old

Car: RS3
Default Yesterday, 02:45 PM

In my case, the car has never triggered any faults when there is no boost. The new board does run better for me but not perfect. Driving around town on map0, there is a noticeable difference in responsiveness between the old and new board. Map0 being pass-trough, the JB4 is introducing some sort of interference.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#516)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 05:53 PM

Do you trigger it as easily on the VALET map 8?

Burger Motorsports

(#517)
Old

Default Today, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
In my case, the car has never triggered any faults when there is no boost. The new board does run better for me but not perfect. Driving around town on map0, there is a noticeable difference in responsiveness between the old and new board. Map0 being pass-trough, the JB4 is introducing some sort of interference.
If i'm Honest the new board seems worse to me, much more noticeable now.

If the mechanic noticed it first time in the car after the service then that says it all really.

RS3............In the UK
(#518)
Old

Default Today, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Would be useful to get "freeze frame" data from cars having that fault so we can use that as another tool to hone in on it.
By the logging tool ?

The issue to me seems like the ECU isn't sure what is going on with the throttle pedal position so is pegging the boost back.....

So is the ECU doing this, fighting the JB4 maybe ? or is the JB4 having a moment of madness every now and again ?

RS3............In the UK
(#519)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 09:18 AM

When it happens in the log you can see the ECU requesting a "low" boost target so it's definitely a software sort of a bug. Something in the tuning is triggering the ECU to think the diverter valve is hanging open or something momentarily I think. And when you get on the gas and back off, then suddenly it realizes everything is fine.

What is strange is that some cars never trigger it, some rarely, and others like you can trigger it on command.

I was hoping you'd be able to read/see a code using a more advanced scan tool like vagcom which would shed some light on it. Did the dealer notice any faults stored?

Burger Motorsports

(#520)
Old

Default Today, 09:29 AM

I scan the car regular with VCDS and VCP.

No errors stored in the Engine ECU.

RS3............In the UK
(#521)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 10:26 AM

Have a JB4 log from when you felt it? If you can trigger it easily you can "start logging" manually, drive around until you feel it, then stop logging and post the entire CSV so we can see what was going on leading up to it.

Burger Motorsports

(#522)
Old

Default Today, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Have a JB4 log from when you felt it? If you can trigger it easily you can "start logging" manually, drive around until you feel it, then stop logging and post the entire CSV so we can see what was going on leading up to it.
Easier said than done in the UK I’m afraid as generally mobile phone use while driving is illegal.

Will have to start the logging before setting off to see if it can be captured.

RS3............In the UK
(#523)
Old
Tuner

Default Today, 10:41 AM

You just leave the phone on a dash mount, same way you'd use navigation on the phone.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...l-phone-holder

Burger Motorsports

(#524)
Old

Default Today, 12:06 PM

Quote:
You just leave the phone on a dash mount, same way you'd use navigation on the phone.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...l-phone-holder
It doesn’t matter Terry, in the Uk if you are seen by the police even touching the mobile phone it’s a fine and 6 points on your license.

Not worth the risk and rightly so.

RS3............In the UK
(#525)
Old

Default Today, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-800
Easier said than done in the UK I’m afraid as generally mobile phone use while driving is illegal.

Will have to start the logging before setting off to see if it can be captured.
Is the issue present in map 0 as well?

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI